Tall People Check In

Options

Replies

• Boocakes08
    Options
    <<<
    TALL GLASS OF WATER!!!! IS WHAT THEY CALL ME!

6'0 AND I LOVE IT!

Or, as the models say, 5'12" :-)

:)
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'4" and my 17 year old son is just about to pass me up... (eye to eye right now!)

But, honestly, I love being tall. My wife is 5'10" and she was captain of her HS basketball team....

You might think that our kids would be giants, but so far only one of our 6 kids (4 boys and 2 girls) has outgrown us (the 17 year old).... The oldest is 19 and the youngest is 1.

Embrace the sky!! Tall people rule!!

Im with ya there, im 6'5 and my wife is 5'8.5 and the kids dont seem to be measuring up in height, but then again they say height comes from the mother's side of the family.

Don't count on it! I'm 5' 9.5" with a 36" inseam and no one on my mother's side of the family is tall - just the opposite, they are all either really short, short, or average.

again, how tall was the mailman?

^lmao
  • MeanSophieCat
    MeanSophieCat Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Isnt it overlooked how hard it is being tall?

As the wife of a 6'5" man, it IS hard being that tall. Shopping at specialty stores not only for clothes but for things like treadmills. My husband's stride was too long for a regular length treadmill. Everyone else, including me, looks like children on our tall man sized furniture. Also in the US, if you are tall the assumption is that you are also big. Most of my husband's clothes have to be tailored to bring the waist in.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

As the wife of a 6'5" man, it IS hard being that tall. Shopping at specialty stores not only for clothes but for things like treadmills. My husband's stride was too long for a regular length treadmill. Everyone else, including me, looks like children on our tall man sized furniture. Also in the US, if you are tall the assumption is that you are also big. Most of my husband's clothes have to be tailored to bring the waist in.

This...

- shoes, can never find ones that are stylish AND fit.
    - pants, rarely long enough
    - tall shop, poor quality clothes tailored for the 50s crowd
    - tall = big, almost impossible to find stylish clothes in a size 6
    - strangers on elevators feel it necessary to tell me that I don't need to wear heels
    - drunk people in bars get aggressive when they talk about my height 'omg you are so freaking tall'
    - and, as stated before, the tall guys date the short girls they can protect

SO...
    I'm still lookin for that tall* strong guy who isn't afraid of a chick who wears heels and boxes, and works in IT.
    I'm thinking I need to work on my patience too. lol

*note: he doesn't even have to be taller than me... just not afraid of my height... and can hopefully carry me ten feet without putting out his back. ;)
  • LankyYankee
    LankyYankee Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    5'11" and you will pry my 4in heels from my cold dead hands.
  • LankyYankee
    LankyYankee Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    It sucks when dating, all the tall women are with short guys. Whats up with that? No love for the big guys... = (

:flowerforyou:
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options

This...

- strangers on elevators feel it necessary to tell me that I don't need to wear heels
    - drunk people in bars get aggressive when they talk about my height 'omg you are so freaking tall'

SO...
    I'm still lookin for that tall* strong guy who isn't afraid of a chick who wears heels and boxes, and works in IT.

*note: he doesn't even have to be taller than me... just not afraid of my height... and can hopefully carry me ten feet without putting out his back. ;)

Yeah but think of the alternative.......being short. Ewwww.
  • dodihere
    dodihere Posts: 490
    Options
    5' 10

6' 1 daily with heels
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    6'1" bare feet... 6'5" in my heels.

Stares OP in the eyes... be my amazon king, Wolf!

I think I just had my first MFP crush. I might have to go take a cold shower and come back to see.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • vtmoon
    Options
    oh and thanks, George... now I can go in and cherry pick guy friends that are taller than me! :wink:

"taller than me"

:brokenheart: :sad:
  • Boobarella2
    Options
    I'm 5'4, which I used to think I was tall until I met hubby, he's 64 lol its damn sexy though.
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    oh and thanks, George... now I can go in and cherry pick guy friends that are taller than me! :wink:

"taller than me"

:flowerforyou: it's ok... I was being funny. they don't have to be taller than me (as is clearly evidenced by my dating history)
  • k_town78
    k_town78 Posts: 21
    Options
    5'9 - tall for a girl, love tall guys...wish they woulda asked me to dance a lot more!
  • Brittany3914
    Brittany3914 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 (usually closer to 5'11 with heels) and my height is one of my favorite things about myself.

REPRESENT.
  • vtmoon
    Options

This...

SO...

Score! There is still a chance!

If you weigh 230 or under I can carry you a 200 yards without any back issues :-P
  • vtmoon
    Options

"taller than me"

:flowerforyou: it's ok... I was being funny. they don't have to be taller than me (as is clearly evidenced by my dating history)

:flowerforyou: :love:
  • henriettevanittersum
    henriettevanittersum Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    6 ft + one centimeter... Love my Dutch genes!! And the jokes that come with it (you wouldn't survive living below sea level unless you're tall)...

Also love my heels!

Hubbie is 6.4, oldest boy 6.4 and a half, youngest will pass me very soon!

If I can't find stylish clothing here, I go home and shop till I drop in Amsterdam!
  • vtmoon
    Options
    4'25"

I don't consider myself tall.
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    4'25"

I don't consider myself tall.

ok :brokenheart: you do have to be a bit taller than that... I'm thinking no less than 5'9"... unless you're really persuasive. ;)