What secretly annoys you, but shouldn't?

Options
Now, don't get me wrong here - I'm not blaming the person (I think it is GREAT when people make healthy choices), but I sometimes think that the universe is being a bit unfair when a person with unhealthy eating/exercise habits can suddenly decide to eat healthy and start exercise, and almost immediately drop 10+ pounds, whereas I have for a long time eaten somewhat healthy and worked out regularly, and thus struggle to lose every single darn pound.

Gah!

Replies

• kellijauch
    kellijauch Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    It's easy to lose when you first start. You should take pride knowing you have been maintaining the correct lifestyle for a long time. A lot of people will give up and go right back to where they were. You won't have that problem.

What secretly annoys me are people that eat anything and everything and don't exercise at all, yet are skinny naturally. Those people who are blessed with a naturally high metabolism and can eat fried chicken, chips, and ice cream all day and never gain a pound. This is my man. Great for him. Drives me crazy when I am trying SO hard to eat healthy and exercise and he's sitting there snacking on doritos watching tv and is as skinny as ever. Love the man, but why is the universe so unfair?!
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    This use to bother me for the longest time because my brother's were always normal sized while I was overweight. We were eating the same things. Well they were eating within their maintenance whereas I was overeating and therefore gaining weight.

when it comes to the pudge we are all carrying, it comes down to we were eating too much and therefore we are now wearing it. :). Some people are blessed and are able to eat food and naturally eat within their maintenance calorie level. Some of us can't and therefore we find our selves here.

ETA: No reason you can't still have foods you enjoy on a daily basis and still lose weight.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    When people around me make stupid decisions, like moving in together after 2 weeks. Not my business, shouldn't annoy me but it does. And it's secretly, because i keep my mouth shut about it.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    When people around me make stupid decisions, like moving in together after 2 weeks. Not my business, shouldn't annoy me but it does. And it's secretly, because i keep my mouth shut about it.

This.
    Or getting married to an 18 year old.
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    This use to bother me for the longest time because my brother's were always normal sized while I was overweight. We were eating the same things. Well they were eating within their maintenance whereas I was overeating and therefore gaining weight.

when it comes to the pudge we are all carrying, it comes down to we were eating too much and therefore we are now wearing it. :). Some people are blessed and are able to eat food and naturally eat within their maintenance calorie level. Some of us can't and therefore we find our selves here.

This too! Why do some people magically know how much food they should be eating, whereas many of us have to resort to limiting/measuring/resisting, etc.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I would annoy the everlovin' piss out of you.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    I am assuming it worked for you cause I remember you saying something about a husband on a different thread. But if you guys moved in together after 2 weeks, holy f, didn't how fast things were moving scare the **** out of you?
  • cleback
    cleback Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    People who lack general awareness of their body in space. I'll be running on the track and a older lady will just cross right out in front of me while I'm running. I know she knows there's a track there-- I mean, she's walking on it, she has to know it's there-- but she doesn't realize her body takes up space, and that two bodies cannot occupy the same space. Or when people walk side by side on a narrow track. I realize it's nice to talk and walk, but then you have to be aware of others around you.

In a more general sense, I hate it when people just stop and block a hallway, without bothering to move to the side. People aren't thinking.

Shouldn't annoy me as much as it does.
  • cleback
    cleback Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Meh. I know people who got engaged after a couple week of dating so eh.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    When I go into the hardware store and they have plenty of duct tape and plastic sheeting, but are all out of blood stain remover.
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    people that make excuses for why they can't do things they see others doing

young kids in the gym spending more time texting and flexing their wanna be abs in the mirror than actually working out. move the hell out of my way i am trying to workout here

naked old men in the locker rooms who don't use a towel... i dont care to see you and your balls dragging across the floor when i am going to take a leak
  • BlackStarDeceiver
    BlackStarDeceiver Posts: 590 Member
    Options

This.
    Or getting married to an 18 year old.

When 1CG wouldn't move in or marry me after two weeks. I even offered to take her *kitten* out for a steak dinner. </3
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I am assuming it worked for you cause I remember you saying something about a husband on a different thread. But if you guys moved in together after 2 weeks, holy f, didn't how fast things were moving scare the **** out of you?
    Yup. Been with my husband almost 5 years now, and our little boy will be four in April.

YES. YOU DID THAT MATH RIGHT. I was pregnant within two weeks of moving in with my husband, and it was on purpose.

Oh, and we moved in together before we went on our first date. In all fairness though, I had known him for three months prior to that.

Bwahahahahaha, like I said, I'd annoy the ever lovin' piss out of you. That being said, I *do* agree that in most cases, that's extremely annoying. My husband and I are a definite exception to the rule. One of those, "When you know, you know." sorta things.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    Now, don't get me wrong here - I'm not blaming the person (I think it is GREAT when people make healthy choices), but I sometimes think that the universe is being a bit unfair when a person with unhealthy eating/exercise habits can suddenly decide to eat healthy and start exercise, and almost immediately drop 10+ pounds, whereas I have for a long time eaten somewhat healthy and worked out regularly, and thus struggle to lose every single darn pound.

Gah!

haha try having those skinny friends who eat twice as much as you do and are half your size.

d@mn skinny b!tches :grumble:
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    When I go into the hardware store and they have plenty of duct tape and plastic sheeting, but are all out of blood stain remover.

Right? that is the absolute worst... also being out of lime...
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Humans.
  • graceire
    graceire Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Yup. Been with my husband almost 5 years now, and our little boy will be four in April.

YES. YOU DID THAT MATH RIGHT. I was pregnant within two weeks of moving in with my husband, and it was on purpose.

Oh, and we moved in together before we went on our first date. In all fairness though, I had known him for three months prior to that.

Bwahahahahaha, like I said, I'd annoy the ever lovin' piss out of you. That being said, I *do* agree that in most cases, that's extremely annoying. My husband and I are a definite exception to the rule. One of those, "When you know, you know." sorta things.

That's awesome! :smile:

I work with that skinny, can-eat-everything, doesn't work out girl that annoys the crap out of me. Thing is, I can't stand her work or personality-wise either so that just adds to it.
  • chelseachelsea1991
    chelseachelsea1991 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    (On a facebook status)

"I'm having a terrible day! I can't believe this happened! OMG!!"

"Girl, you ok? What happened?"

"I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT!"

Then why the *kitten* did you make a facebook post about it????
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Men in fancy business suits on bicycles
  • yellknrb
    yellknrb Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Do you know what seriously annoys me?

Going out to dinner, feeling the pressure the spend the normal $10-$15 on dinner when the calories that I need to consume will be fulfilled with a dinner salad and possibly a soup.

Why the hell do restaurants not offer more 'Real Food' options? And even with the options that they do have, why do they still overdue the portion sizes?

I always thought that calorie content should be porportionate to cost of food.