What secretly annoys you, but shouldn't?

Options

Replies

• JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    When someone throws you under the bus.
  • aseymour13
    aseymour13 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    People who lack general awareness of their body in space. I'll be running on the track and a older lady will just cross right out in front of me while I'm running. I know she knows there's a track there-- I mean, she's walking on it, she has to know it's there-- but she doesn't realize her body takes up space, and that two bodies cannot occupy the same space. Or when people walk side by side on a narrow track. I realize it's nice to talk and walk, but then you have to be aware of others around you.

In a more general sense, I hate it when people just stop and block a hallway, without bothering to move to the side. People aren't thinking.

Shouldn't annoy me as much as it does.

Actually this really annoys me as well - cyclists are the worst and I am a cyclist as well as what many would consider an "older lady"
  • Bookaholic88
    Bookaholic88 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    When Americans refer to me as "European" as it was a nationality. It´s not!!! I´m Swedish!.

I hope you realize the irony of your statement. Do you mean North Americans? South Americans? Canadians? Central Americans? "America" covers the United States, Canada, and far beyond. :laugh:

No America does NOT cover Canada, North America does, but I would be seriously ticked off as a Canadian if someone called me an American.
  • jsd_135
    jsd_135 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    When people pronounce milk "melk". They do it on Kroger radio ads all the time and it drives me nuts!

It must be Wes-consin melk.
  • KickyLegs
    KickyLegs Posts: 53
    Options
    Ugh! Even thinking about this annoys me. I get super annoyed when I'm cycling really fast and suddenly have to stop at the street light. Suddenly the slowest person-ever rides past me in the queue and gets in front of me. It drives me crazy because I have to wait before it's clear to pass them (again), and this continues over and over (which slows me down and keeps me in the same street light range as them) .

Hello?!?! You know I will pass you so why do you keep trying to get ahead of me. It happens all the time. I want to say something to them but I don't......it should be common sense, but sometimes common sense is not common.

I realize this sounds like I have road rage, but I don't. It's just so annoying. Its like they are trying to make a statement. I have no idea what it is though.
  • bbydl64
    bbydl64 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    welcome to my world...lol. I had shoulder surgery 6 weeks ago. It was a train wreck in there. I gained 10 pounds just sitting around doing nothing for 3 weeks. Now for the past 3 weeks, I have been watching, measuring and doing all the things I should be doing. Lots of fruits, vegies and protein. Exercise for at least 30 minutes a day. Walk the dog and use light weight (but not my upper body due to surgery). I have lost NOTHING !!!!!. I am very discouraged But I continue on...UGH. Good Luck !!!:wink:
  • egarrett8911
    Options
    (On a facebook status)

"I'm having a terrible day! I can't believe this happened! OMG!!"

"Girl, you ok? What happened?"

"I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT!"

Then why the *kitten* did you make a facebook post about it????

Hahahah YES!
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    When people talk about their egg white only omelets.
  • collingmommy
    collingmommy Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    When ppl glurp their drinks and... And do the "ahhhhhhhhh" afterwords! I just want to smack the holy f$ck outta them!
  • mushroomcup
    mushroomcup Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Women who talk with "the cadence," drawing out the last syllable of every other word.

Also, totally agree with loud munching/smacking lips when eating.
  • npeery
    npeery Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    apostrophe abuse and the misuse of your/you're
  • anon189
    anon189 Posts: 42
    Options
    When people around me make stupid decisions, like moving in together after 2 weeks. Not my business, shouldn't annoy me but it does. And it's secretly, because i keep my mouth shut about it.

This.
    Or getting married to an 18 year old.

I was 19 when I got married. Does that count?? And we only officially dated for 3 months before getting engaged. It's been 5 years now... things are still wonderful!
  • xiofett
    xiofett Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Wind. It pisses me off to no end. I've lost too many hats over the years.
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    The sound of coughing

I hate the sound of sneezing over and over...you think they are done and wham there's another one.

I also hate it when I sneeze.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    People who weigh 80 pounds less than me complaining TO ME that they are "fat"

Yes, I get it, everyone has different comfort levels and I can see how a person who weighs 150 pounds would feel fat, especially if they are used to weighing 125. But, I look at them in envy because that is my goal weight.

seriously!! THIS!!! I had a coworker who weighed about 90lbs (no joke) and constantly complained how FAT she was, especially after having a TOMATO for lunch. yes one single tomato.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    People eating when I'm not eating. I worked in an office where people ate all through the day at their desk and it grossed me out.
  • GamerLady
    GamerLady Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    When ppl glurp their drinks and... And do the "ahhhhhhhhh" afterwords! I just want to smack the holy f$ck outta them!

That struck me so funny, I could imagine some gross person doing that when I read it, lol.
  • NikinCilla
    NikinCilla Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    People like my husband. Who can eat & eat & doesnt exercise. We have have been married for 11years & 6mths (love him to bits) & he has gained 3-4kg where I have gained 36kg with numerous attempts of exercise & dieting. So not fair :(
    My cousin who has 3 children under the age of 5 and she too eats like no tomorrow & is still same weight before her babies - 68kg. Some people are just so lucky & some people like me has to work my *kitten* of to get result & will have to work even harder to maintain lol
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    threads about what annoys other people, annoy me...
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    People who can't spell lose. It's 1 o, not 2!