What secretly annoys you, but shouldn't?

Options

Replies

• elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    People who lack general awareness of their body in space. I'll be running on the track and a older lady will just cross right out in front of me while I'm running. I know she knows there's a track there-- I mean, she's walking on it, she has to know it's there-- but she doesn't realize her body takes up space, and that two bodies cannot occupy the same space. Or when people walk side by side on a narrow track. I realize it's nice to talk and walk, but then you have to be aware of others around you.

In a more general sense, I hate it when people just stop and block a hallway, without bothering to move to the side. People aren't thinking.

Shouldn't annoy me as much as it does.

Agh this! Also on the sidewalk - I'm a fast walker, and if you are a slower walker that is fine, I will wait or go around you. But if you are a slow walker, don't walk side by side with 3 people or cut in front of me!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    (On a facebook status)

"I'm having a terrible day! I can't believe this happened! OMG!!"

"Girl, you ok? What happened?"

"I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT!"

Then why the *kitten* did you make a facebook post about it????

^ THIS!

I had a huge fight with a friend about this last week. he had been in a bad mood for weeks and kept posting about it on fb.
    when I saw him in person at dinner with another mutual friend I said I saw his post, and I asked what was bothering him,
    he said "Well I'm not going to tell you!" - SERIOUSLY? WTF?!

My response was exactly what u just said - WTF POST ABOUT IT ON FB??
  • Fit_NYC_
    Fit_NYC_ Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    The sound of coughing
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Bwahahahahaha, like I said, I'd annoy the ever lovin' piss out of you. That being said, I *do* agree that in most cases, that's extremely annoying. My husband and I are a definite exception to the rule. One of those, "When you know, you know." sorta things.
    I do believe in "when it's meant to be". I just never experienced it. Hell, it takes me 1 month or so just to figure out if i really like the guy.
    You are definitely the exception to the rule, and if i am being completely honest, i am quite jealous of your story because i never felt so sure and confident about a relationship in my life.
  • EleneSaM
    EleneSaM Posts: 45
    Options
    When Americans refer to me as "European" as it was a nationality. It´s not!!! I´m Swedish!.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    When people around me make stupid decisions, like moving in together after 2 weeks. Not my business, shouldn't annoy me but it does. And it's secretly, because i keep my mouth shut about it.
    I would annoy the everlovin' piss out of you.
    I am assuming it worked for you cause I remember you saying something about a husband on a different thread. But if you guys moved in together after 2 weeks, holy f, didn't how fast things were moving scare the **** out of you?
    Yup. Been with my husband almost 5 years now, and our little boy will be four in April.

YES. YOU DID THAT MATH RIGHT. I was pregnant within two weeks of moving in with my husband, and it was on purpose.

Oh, and we moved in together before we went on our first date. In all fairness though, I had known him for three months prior to that.

Bwahahahahaha, like I said, I'd annoy the ever lovin' piss out of you. That being said, I *do* agree that in most cases, that's extremely annoying. My husband and I are a definite exception to the rule. One of those, "When you know, you know." sorta things.

Love the cajones. You know what you like and go after it. Your story did take my breath away a bit, but it's awesome.
  • biddy81
    biddy81 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    These are the same people who block whole grocery aisles with their shopping carts, park in the left lane of the highway going 50, pull out too close in front of you only to not accelerate... if it's not evident, I have road rage issues... I listen to a lot of Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me in the car to keep my blood pressure down. *sigh*

I think the list of things that annoy me that shouldn't is WAAAAY too long...

**Edited to note that this is a response to several posts ago about people blocking sidewalks and stuff... not the posts right near me. Cuz that would be weird... and it wouldn't makes sense, would it?
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    What secretly annoys you, but shouldn't?

My age.
  • jus_in_bello
    jus_in_bello Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    When I'm at work and someone runs in to get something, "it'll just take a second" and leave their kid in the car. It drives me absolutely mad.

I also *really* hate when people go GF to lose weight and don't go totally GF and will go out and get some things gluteny and somethings not or say, "its okay, I'll pick off the croutons/bread/etc" and then I go in and get sick because servers are getting tons of mixed information and not taking actual gluten intolerance seriously because so many people do it as a fad....
  • BunkyBumBum
    BunkyBumBum Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    People who take themselves too seriously.

And people who call me "honey" or "darling" or any variation of "sweetie words," or who tell me "jesus loves you". It makes me want to punch them in the teeth. Hard.
  • hararayne
    hararayne Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you're taking yourself too seriously?

I kid...sometimes people that do that just think they're being cordial. I agree that it is a little weird when they don't know you. I want to punch people in the teeth if they use it in a sarcastic/patronizing way. For some people it's just how they were brought up to talk.

;)
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    When Americans refer to me as "European" as it was a nationality. It´s not!!! I´m Swedish!.

If youre Russian in the kitchen, what are you in the bathroom? European.
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    tangled ball hairs
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    When I'm going for a lunch run and my friend who hasn't run a damn step in 10 years says "I love running at lunch".

People who make smacking noises when they eat and drink. It literally makes me cringe.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    The people who misuse "there" "their" and "they're" or "your" and "you're"

Drives me batty!!!
  • amandammmq
    amandammmq Posts: 394 Member
    Options

I hope you realize the irony of your statement. Do you mean North Americans? South Americans? Canadians? Central Americans? "America" covers the United States, Canada, and far beyond. :laugh:
  • toshaboyd1203
    Options
    Now, don't get me wrong here - I'm not blaming the person (I think it is GREAT when people make healthy choices), but I sometimes think that the universe is being a bit unfair when a person with unhealthy eating/exercise habits can suddenly decide to eat healthy and start exercise, and almost immediately drop 10+ pounds, whereas I have for a long time eaten somewhat healthy and worked out regularly, and thus struggle to lose every single darn pound.

Gah!

That is my husband! I've been trying to lose weight for two weeks longer than he has, and he's more than doubled my weight loss. I'm happy for him, but at the same time, I want to strangle him because it seems to come so easily. I know how you feel. :)
  • Ranna51
    Ranna51 Posts: 24
    Options
    Women who march in high heels and sound like a truck coming through - usually in the corporate environment (even the little skinny ones).
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options

I hope you realize the irony of your statement. Do you mean North Americans? South Americans? Canadians? Central Americans? "America" covers the United States, Canada, and far beyond. :laugh:

Maybe to you, but Americans means people from the United States of America. If she had said "North Americans" that would cover the US/Canada.
  • JGainingHealth
    JGainingHealth Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    When people pronounce milk "melk". They do it on Kroger radio ads all the time and it drives me nuts!