What secretly annoys you, but shouldn't?

Options

Replies

• BunkyBumBum
    BunkyBumBum Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Women who march in high heels and sound like a truck coming through - usually in the corporate environment (even the little skinny ones).

Or the ones that wear the high heels but then walk like an ogre because they hurt so badly. Seriously, don't wear them if they hurt - it's not attractive if you're stomping and lurching like an ogre!
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    Women who march in high heels and sound like a truck coming through - usually in the corporate environment (even the little skinny ones).

Or the ones that wear the high heels but then walk like an ogre because they hurt so badly. Seriously, don't wear them if they hurt - it's not attractive if you're stomping and lurching like an ogre!

I think that was me today LOL. My legs are sore from my C25K and I had to wear heels (short ones) and OMG... PAIN!!!!
  • BunkyBumBum
    BunkyBumBum Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you're taking yourself too seriously?

I kid...sometimes people that do that just think they're being cordial. I agree that it is a little weird when they don't know you. I want to punch people in the teeth if they use it in a sarcastic/patronizing way. For some people it's just how they were brought up to talk.

;)

Unless someone is really old, or sometimes from the south, it always comes off as patronizing to me. Similar to guys that think winking when they talk to you makes them charming, it's patronizing.
  • angbieb
    angbieb Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    People who lack general awareness of their body in space. I'll be running on the track and a older lady will just cross right out in front of me while I'm running. I know she knows there's a track there-- I mean, she's walking on it, she has to know it's there-- but she doesn't realize her body takes up space, and that two bodies cannot occupy the same space. Or when people walk side by side on a narrow track. I realize it's nice to talk and walk, but then you have to be aware of others around you.

In a more general sense, I hate it when people just stop and block a hallway, without bothering to move to the side. People aren't thinking.

Shouldn't annoy me as much as it does.

Similar situation here...after working out at the gym I headed back to the locker room and there was a woman standing in front of my locker getting dressed...I literally waited for what seemed like forever for her to put on her pants, shirt, socks, shoes, etc. til she was totally finished and leaving before I could get in my damn locker!! Like...really lady???
  • JGainingHealth
    JGainingHealth Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    People who lack general awareness of their body in space. I'll be running on the track and a older lady will just cross right out in front of me while I'm running. I know she knows there's a track there-- I mean, she's walking on it, she has to know it's there-- but she doesn't realize her body takes up space, and that two bodies cannot occupy the same space. Or when people walk side by side on a narrow track. I realize it's nice to talk and walk, but then you have to be aware of others around you.

In a more general sense, I hate it when people just stop and block a hallway, without bothering to move to the side. People aren't thinking.

Similar situation here...after working out at the gym I headed back to the locker room and there was a woman standing in front of my locker getting dressed...I literally waited for what seemed like forever for her to put on her pants, shirt, socks, shoes, etc. til she was totally finished and leaving before I could get in my damn locker!! Like...really lady???

The same thing happened to me, except the lady wanted to strike up a conversation with me... topless. While blocking my locker.
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    When I'm going for a lunch run and my friend who hasn't run a damn step in 10 years says "I love running at lunch".

People who make smacking noises when they eat and drink. It literally makes me cringe.

I with you on the eating part. I cannot stand it when people smack, chew or talk with mouth open, slurp drinks or eat carrots. Just someone eating too loudly or when they can't breathe while eating- makes me crazy. It probably shouldn't, but it does and I can't ignore it!
  • Madaly320
    Madaly320 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    People who weigh 80 pounds less than me complaining TO ME that they are "fat"

Yes, I get it, everyone has different comfort levels and I can see how a person who weighs 150 pounds would feel fat, especially if they are used to weighing 125. But, I look at them in envy because that is my goal weight.
  • angbieb
    Options
    The same thing happened to me, except the lady wanted to strike up a conversation with me... topless. While blocking my locker.

What did you do? Did you say something? Should I have said something?
  • angbieb
    Options
    People who weigh 80 pounds less than me complaining TO ME that they are "fat"

Yes, I get it, everyone has different comfort levels and I can see how a person who weighs 150 pounds would feel fat, especially if they are used to weighing 125. But, I look at them in envy because that is my goal weight.

I am annoyed by that too...it's like if you're fat than what does that make me? And why would you say that to me when I'm like 50+ pounds heavier...how rude!
  • GamerLady
    GamerLady Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    What secretly annoys me is when someone you know is always on a diet, incredibly overweight, always eating a crap ton of food, whole bags of family sized potato chips, whole boxes of cookies, 1/2 gallon ice cream in one sitting, half to a whole pizza, 2 burger meals when you go out to lunch, and is always complaining they never lose a pound and don't know why. I have no problem if they want to eat themselves bigger, but stop complaining you can't lose a pound.

Also, people who slurp food, it absolutely disgusts me....I lose my appetite instantly hearing it.
  • leenamaria
    leenamaria Posts: 7 Member
    Options

This.
  • angbieb
    Options
    People who keep fat rabbits in small cages.
  • JGainingHealth
    JGainingHealth Posts: 194 Member
    Options

What did you do? Did you say something? Should I have said something?

If I could go back, I would have been more assertive. Instead I stood there trying to politely engage in her small talk while looking at the ground, waiting for her to get dressed and leave. I think she was just very proud of her boobs...
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Now, don't get me wrong here - I'm not blaming the person (I think it is GREAT when people make healthy choices), but I sometimes think that the universe is being a bit unfair when a person with unhealthy eating/exercise habits can suddenly decide to eat healthy and start exercise, and almost immediately drop 10+ pounds, whereas I have for a long time eaten somewhat healthy and worked out regularly, and thus struggle to lose every single darn pound.

Gah!

You aren't alone. A have a lot of coworkers that have started eating healthy or just cutting out something small and lose tons of weight fast. I see them gain that weight back really fast though so I am never annoyed for long.

People that spread false information about weight loss annoy me the most. The same group of coworkers spread their nonsense about eating 500 calories or cutting how everything but fruit and vegetables and poor uneducated people listen to them and either give up their own attempts at losing weight or try their crazy fad diets.
  • angbieb
    Options
    I think she was just very proud of her boobs...

too funny!:laugh:
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    People who blow their nose while I'm eating and people who take their false teeth out at a restaurant and cleans them while I'm eating.
  • xDawnsgrace
    xDawnsgrace Posts: 436
    Options
    When I go into the hardware store and they have plenty of duct tape and plastic sheeting, but are all out of blood stain remover.

might i suggest peroxide? LOL :laugh:
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    My job.
  • PunchyMoot
    PunchyMoot Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    when someone takes a drink at the same time as me...or blows their nose while i am doing so..

also, when people use ARE in place of OUR
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Friends getting back together ........ For the 6th time.

The same friends breaking up ....... For the 7th time.

People who have more money than sense..... ... And brag about it without realising.

People who drink several pints of full sugar soda a day and complain they cannot lose weight.

Poor grammar.

People who cannot load a dishwasher.

The stupid Cuprinol advert on the TV at the moment!