getting a FR rejected...

Options

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I have had a few, i don't care. I already know they have their head where the sun don't shine, i don't want people like that on my friend's list.

So... the only reason someone would reject a FR is because there's something wrong with them?

Sounds legit.

I understand some women don't accept men as friends that's cool.

That's the only thing i get, how can someone judge determine anything about me without knowing me?
    A few caveats, they read my profile(if they did and don't want to be friends, i am cool with that), they seen me around on the forums and just don't like me, (i am cool with that too).

If a girl sent me a FR and i didn't like her profile, i would accept her and tell her, "it looks like from your profile you're kind of ______________"

Some person on the fourms i just don't like, if they sent me a FR, I'd just give them a fair chance.

I didn't like jacwhite on the forums, but he sent me a FR and i consider him a good friend.

The ethical thing to do is to give people a fair chance. If they don't do that, then... yes something is wrong with them.

I think you're taking this a bit too seriously...
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I have had a few, i don't care. I already know they have their head where the sun don't shine, i don't want people like that on my friend's list.

So... the only reason someone would reject a FR is because there's something wrong with them?

Sounds legit.

That's the only thing i get, how can someone judge determine anything about me without knowing me?
    A few caveats, they read my profile(if they did and don't want to be friends, i am cool with that), they seen me around on the forums and just don't like me, (i am cool with that too).

If a girl sent me a FR and i didn't like her profile, i would accept her and tell her, "it looks like from your profile you're kind of ______________"

Some person on the fourms i just don't like, if they sent me a FR, I'd just give them a fair chance.

I didn't like jacwhite on the forums, but he sent me a FR and i consider him a good friend.

The ethical thing to do is to give people a fair chance. If they don't do that, then... yes something is wrong with them.

The ethical thing to do... is to allow people to decide on their own by what criteria they choose to define their FL.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,303 Member
    Options
    So how does one know if their FR was rejected?
  • NormInv
    Options
    How do you know that a FR gets rejected? Do you get a notification? Or do they tell you they are rejecting you?

You get a red peg and you insert it into one of your battleships. If you get too many red pegs, the whole thing basically ****ing explodes.

LOL
  • spider_mark51959
    spider_mark51959 Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    There choice I guess
    I'll always say why not to a FR
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options

Sounds legit.

It's the internet. Seriously? The ethical thing?

Man, if only you took educating yourself about proper diet and nutrition as seriously as you take sending and receiving friend requests.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

Got any Tequila left pu?
  • NormInv
    Options

Sounds legit.

Man, if only you took educating yourself about proper diet and nutrition as seriously as you take sending and receiving friend requests.

+1000. Dude in question is too serious in his posts.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    How do you know that a FR gets rejected? Do you get a notification? Or do they tell you they are rejecting you?

No, there's no way to tell whether it was rejected or just allowed to sit in their queue because they feel bad about hitting the "decline" button.
    That's what i do.:ohwell:
    36 FR's with no message from people I never interacted with. I just let them sit there.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

Sounds legit.

I gave you a fair chance. You proved to be a creeper. And thats coming from ME.
    So basically, you weren't my cup of tequila, bro
  • nightengale7
    nightengale7 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I've never had a FR rejected...but I have regretted accepting a few myself, lol. Those people were subsequently deleted when they stopped being active members. I liked having a "legit" excuse for deleting them so I didn't feel bad. :devil:
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    Options
    So how does one know if their FR was rejected?

You never can know for sure. Unless they tell you.

But I think it's safe to assume after a couple days go by and they don't show up in your newsfeed.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    It gets better. Eventually it turns into one of those things you only remember when you have a little too much to drink and start looking back at your life..

is there an MFP equivalent of late night drunk dialing?

hmmmmm..................................

It's called tinychat

I will neither confirm nor deny my involvement in such activities...

What is this tinychat thing you refer to?

Never heard of it...

*whistles*

lol
  • NormInv
    Options
    OK but please help me understand: lets say somebody came home from a night of drinking, totally smashed out of their brains, and while logging their shots, sent 50 FRs.

Next day, they dont remember it and will never find out if they got rejected by anyone even if all 50 reject.

Correct?
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options

yeah.. it's not unethical to reject someone, for ANY reason. We never fully know people's reasons anyway, and whatever they are, people are entitled to them.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    Options
    OK but please help me understand: lets say somebody came home from a night of drinking, totally smashed out of their brains, and while logging their shots, sent 50 FRs.

Next day, they dont remember it and will never find out if they got rejected by anyone even if all 50 reject.

Correct?

Correct.

But after a few days, if they aren't showing up in your newsfeed, you can assume it was a "no."
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options

Correct?

All of their battleships would explode simultaneously and it would probably kill them.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    Options

No, there's no way to tell whether it was rejected or just allowed to sit in their queue because they feel bad about hitting the "decline" button.
    That's what i do.:ohwell:
    36 FR's with no message from people I never interacted with. I just let them sit there.

PUSH THE RED BUTTON, IULIA! PUSH THE RED BUTTON.

it's such a tingly rush!
  • NormInv
    Options

Correct?

Correct.

But after a few days, if they aren't showing up in your newsfeed, you can assume it was a "no."

Thanks!
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options

Sounds legit.

Do you see how your first response and this response are in conflict?