getting a FR rejected...

Options

Replies

• taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    How do you know that a FR gets rejected? Do you get a notification? Or do they tell you they are rejecting you?

No, there's no way to tell whether it was rejected or just allowed to sit in their queue because they feel bad about hitting the "decline" button.
    That's what i do.:ohwell:
    36 FR's with no message from people I never interacted with. I just let them sit there.

OMG...the OCD in me screamed bloody murder when I read that! Just the thought of them sitting there.....*shiver*

Hahaha, I had the same reaction :laugh:

you desensitize... I have about 37 pending... ones that had messages that I think are awesome, but I already have so many that I am losing people... and I don't wanna reject them... so that red 37 glares at me, and the red banner on my home page yells at me to address the problem... and I try to ignore.

It kinda makes me sad how I have to decline so many that its becoming an instinct to hit decline just out of habit
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    How do you know that a FR gets rejected? Do you get a notification? Or do they tell you they are rejecting you?

No, there's no way to tell whether it was rejected or just allowed to sit in their queue because they feel bad about hitting the "decline" button.
    That's what i do.:ohwell:
    36 FR's with no message from people I never interacted with. I just let them sit there.
    FYI: Someone had to point this out to me. If you're using the app as opposed to the website, you won't see the person's profile message. Therefore, you will have never seen the note saying "FRs without messages will be declined", yadda-yadda. I verified this is true with the Android app. Since then, I'm a little more lenient with incoming FRs.

This is actually not true. I use the Android app.

If you tap on the request, it will take you to the message or say "no message provided."
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    allright, that's it, this thread did not go as I intended (DID NOBODY READ MY MESSAGE IN THE POST???!!!!)

next person that FR's gets DENIED. Even if I get joffed.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Just about all my FRs are rejected, so I just let people FR me because I don't reject anyone.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    it may be the sentence in your profile that you are mainly on MFP for entertainment - people think you aren't serious then....

Just curious, but do you see any sentences in my profile that may be reducing the number of FRs I receive?
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    it may be the sentence in your profile that you are mainly on MFP for entertainment - people think you aren't serious then....

Just curious, but do you see any sentences in my profile that may be reducing the number of FRs I receive?

yes, its "jofjltncb6"
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options

NO.
  • MacInCali
    MacInCali Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Ohhh ... and ya gotta keep in mind what you may have said in your FR!

For instance, if you say something like "Hi! My name is Noob! I'd like to ____ you in the ____! ... she didn't reject you hun ... she just never got it!!

Try resending it with a modified "Hi! My name is Noob! I'd love to make sweet love to you in the forest!" ... she's sure to get it and accept you then!! :flowerforyou:
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    allright, that's it, this thread did not go as I intended (DID NOBODY READ MY MESSAGE IN THE POST???!!!!)

I don't even remember what that means.
  • nightengale7
    nightengale7 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    After posting on this earlier that I had never had a FR denied, I must say...I'm pretty sure it just happened. I...I...don't know what to do...to the person who did not love me back, YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!
    *runs out of the thread crying hysterically*:sad:
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

yes, its "jofjltncb6"

Hey, you managed to spell it correctly...

...so I'm assuming they can too.

Random letters and a number...it's all the rage in MFP usernames.
  • zgrapejuice
    zgrapejuice Posts: 13 Member
    Options

From http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Joffed
    "Having flirtacious behaviour with a member of the same gender before indulging into hot, steamy and passionate gay sex before one member licks the male penis for 17 minutes before claiming that they have been 'Joffed'"
  • MacInCali
    MacInCali Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options

The fact that you don't like people is a plus in my book, lol.
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options

For instance, if you say something like "Hi! My name is Noob! I'd like to ____ you in the ____! ... she didn't reject you hun ... she just never got it!!

Try resending it with a modified "Hi! My name is Noob! I'd love to make sweet love to you in the forest!" ... she's sure to get it and accept you then!! :flowerforyou:

If he makes sweet love in the forest...does it make a sound?
  • zerryz
    zerryz Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    The best rejections are the ones who are friends with everyone but you and you get to see them everywhere and be reminded over ... and over ... and over ... about how you just weren't good enough for them ... it's like an emotional rollercoaster around here man!!! :sad:

Srsly?!!!:laugh:
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options

is that true? is the FR sent censored or not sent at all??
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options

It's what I outta do to macincali with blanks filled...
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options

it makes a weeping sound, i think.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options

No only rough packaging of fudge
  • baptiste565
    baptiste565 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I'm confused as to how accepting a FR is now considered a RULE.

I'm also confused as to how declining a FR is now being compared to cyber bullying.

A reportable offense, to be sure.

Welcome to MCFP "My Communist Fitness Pal"!
    LONG LIVE THE MODERATOR!