getting a FR rejected...

Options

Replies

• SatchGallamax
    SatchGallamax Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Ok so there is one gal I think I sent an FR to, but I wasnt sure cuz I was kind of trying to make new friends at the time. I am just not sure if I sent her one and she rejected or if I never sent her an FR. I was not just sending them out, but like I said, I was in induction mode.

So now I dont know if should resend and get rejected twice, if in fact she rejected me.

Bummer

I honestly don't know if I've been rejected. I think I have, but I lose track of anything that is not complimentary to me. It's a skill.

I had someone who was on my FL delete me once. When I discovered this it hurt. Not so much here... or here... but riiiight here.
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Its the chest hair braaahhhh:bigsmile:

I accept people just for chest hair *scoffs*
  • nightengale7
    nightengale7 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    How do you know that a FR gets rejected? Do you get a notification? Or do they tell you they are rejecting you?

No, there's no way to tell whether it was rejected or just allowed to sit in their queue because they feel bad about hitting the "decline" button.
    That's what i do.:ohwell:
    36 FR's with no message from people I never interacted with. I just let them sit there.

OMG...the OCD in me screamed bloody murder when I read that! Just the thought of them sitting there.....*shiver*

Hahaha, I had the same reaction :laugh:
  • jeleclekat
    jeleclekat Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    it may be the sentence in your profile that you are mainly on MFP for entertainment - people think you aren't serious then....
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    I can't recall having a FR rejected, but then again, I don't know how to keep track of ones I send. Now I am feeling kinda bad that there may be people out there who sent a FR to me and feel rejected if I didn't accept it. But surely they aren't losing sleep over it. I'm not nearly cool enough for that!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I'm confused as to how accepting a FR is now considered a RULE.

I'm also confused as to how declining a FR is now being compared to cyber bullying.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I have had a few, i don't care. I already know they have their head where the sun don't shine, i don't want people like that on my friend's list.

So... the only reason someone would reject a FR is because there's something wrong with them?

Sounds legit.

I understand some women don't accept men as friends that's cool.

That's the only thing i get, how can someone judge determine anything about me without knowing me?
    A few caveats, they read my profile(if they did and don't want to be friends, i am cool with that), they seen me around on the forums and just don't like me, (i am cool with that too).

If a girl sent me a FR and i didn't like her profile, i would accept her and tell her, "it looks like from your profile you're kind of ______________"

Some person on the fourms i just don't like, if they sent me a FR, I'd just give them a fair chance.

I didn't like jacwhite on the forums, but he sent me a FR and i consider him a good friend.

The ethical thing to do is to give people a fair chance. If they don't do that, then... yes something is wrong with them.

It's the internet. Seriously? The ethical thing?

Man, if only you took educating yourself about proper diet and nutrition as seriously as you take sending and receiving friend requests.

You're right, i know nothing about diet and nutrition.

You think you would have lost your weight without MFP? You know there are rules and guidelines for proper etiquette on the forums, the TOS. Yet it's the internet.
    Lolololol. No clue what you're "trying" to say, but I did lose my weight without MFP.

And thank you. I know I'm right.

Oh, and I'm being completely cordial. I stated a fact.

Facts are your friend, Pu. Embrace them.

Yeah, that's why i am majoring in biochemistry, got my NASM CPT (National Academy Of Sports Medicine Certified Personal Trainer). Have helped many people, now helping a lot more by rewritting in place of a road map(which is a weight loss guide). The facebook page has 500+ likes and growing daily. It's helping people with weight loss every day.

So you can't state a fact without knowing the fact.

The point i was making about the internet is that there are rules and ethics we should follow. I am sure you're aware of stories of kids committing suicide because of cyber bulling, committing a cyber crime i believe a minimum is 10years in jail.

But, "HEY ITS JUST THE INTERNET."
    You mentioned the "b" word.

I'm done with you.

Cool story, brah.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options

how YOU doin'?

fake-chest-hair.jpg
  • zgrapejuice
    zgrapejuice Posts: 13 Member
    Options

What about back hair?
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    How do you know that a FR gets rejected? Do you get a notification? Or do they tell you they are rejecting you?

No, there's no way to tell whether it was rejected or just allowed to sit in their queue because they feel bad about hitting the "decline" button.
    36 FR's with no message from people I never interacted with. I just let them sit there.

OMG...the OCD in me screamed bloody murder when I read that! Just the thought of them sitting there.....*shiver*

you desensitize... I have about 37 pending... ones that had messages that I think are awesome, but I already have so many that I am losing people... and I don't wanna reject them... so that red 37 glares at me, and the red banner on my home page yells at me to address the problem... and I try to ignore.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options

This is also a very good point. I sent a FR to EDDavenport. He didn't accept me, kind of upset me. I would see him on the forums, and in my mind i thought he didn't accept me. 6 months later i got a notification saying "EDdavenport has accepted your friend request."

I apologize to him for my thoughts, and told him how i felt. He has been a friend for a while now.
    Damn, same thing happened to me! I was never mad because I had forgotten that I sent it months earlier. I assume he was queuing them up because he accepting a couple dozen others at the same time as mine.
  • coolraul07
    Options

FYI: Someone had to point this out to me. If you're using the app as opposed to the website, you won't see the person's profile message. Therefore, you will have never seen the note saying "FRs without messages will be declined", yadda-yadda. I verified this is true with the Android app. Since then, I'm a little more lenient with incoming FRs.
  • coolraul07
    Options
    OK but please help me understand: lets say somebody came home from a night of drinking, totally smashed out of their brains, and while logging their shots, sent 50 FRs.

Next day, they dont remember it and will never find out if they got rejected by anyone even if all 50 reject.

Correct?
    A MFPal and I tested this a few weeks ago:
    1) You only receive notice if your FR is accepted. If it's declined, no notice sent.
    2) You can't see your sent or outstanding FRs. You can forget and send the same person multiple FRs and the system won't tell you.
    3) You also don't receive notification when a friend drops you or a friend deactivates their account.

I noticed recently that my FL count dropped by 3. I could only remember 1 name accurately though and saw their account is still around. Another one I can't quite remember the spelling, so the search function is of little help. The 3rd I have no idea who it was. Oh well.
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options

how YOU doin'?

fake-chest-hair.jpg

call me *wink*
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Options
    I will be your friend.
  • ShannonS2714
    ShannonS2714 Posts: 135 Member
    Options

Hahaha, I had the same reaction :laugh:<<<<<I'm glad it's not just me!

you desensitize... I have about 37 pending... ones that had messages that I think are awesome, but I already have so many that I am losing people... and I don't wanna reject them... so that red 37 glares at me, and the red banner on my home page yells at me to address the problem... and I try to ignore.

I truly don't think I could ever desensitize....I really want to come to your house and decline or accept them all for you....they're going to haunt my dreams....
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    I'm confused as to how accepting a FR is now considered a RULE.

I'm also confused as to how declining a FR is now being compared to cyber bullying.

A reportable offense, to be sure.

Welcome to MCFP "My Communist Fitness Pal"!
  • LeilaFace
    LeilaFace Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    This just happened to me today! First one ever!
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options

I do the same thing. I don't want to add someone with a closed profile, no message, and no mutual friends, but I feel bad about hitting the decline button, so I let them sit there for a while til too many of them stack up, then finally clear some out.
    Altho there is one young hot guy with some serious abs that I leave on the queue. I don't have guys on my list, and besides, he friends everyone, but dang, he is pretty to look at. :blushing:
  • ShannonS2714
    ShannonS2714 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I have had a few, i don't care. I already know they have their head where the sun don't shine, i don't want people like that on my friend's list.

So... the only reason someone would reject a FR is because there's something wrong with them?

Sounds legit.

I understand some women don't accept men as friends that's cool.

That's the only thing i get, how can someone judge determine anything about me without knowing me?
    A few caveats, they read my profile(if they did and don't want to be friends, i am cool with that), they seen me around on the forums and just don't like me, (i am cool with that too).

If a girl sent me a FR and i didn't like her profile, i would accept her and tell her, "it looks like from your profile you're kind of ______________"

Some person on the fourms i just don't like, if they sent me a FR, I'd just give them a fair chance.

I didn't like jacwhite on the forums, but he sent me a FR and i consider him a good friend.

The ethical thing to do is to give people a fair chance. If they don't do that, then... yes something is wrong with them.

It's the internet. Seriously? The ethical thing?

Man, if only you took educating yourself about proper diet and nutrition as seriously as you take sending and receiving friend requests.

You're right, i know nothing about diet and nutrition.

You think you would have lost your weight without MFP? You know there are rules and guidelines for proper etiquette on the forums, the TOS. Yet it's the internet.
    Lolololol. No clue what you're "trying" to say, but I did lose my weight without MFP.

And thank you. I know I'm right.

Oh, and I'm being completely cordial. I stated a fact.

Facts are your friend, Pu. Embrace them.

Yeah, that's why i am majoring in biochemistry, got my NASM CPT (National Academy Of Sports Medicine Certified Personal Trainer). Have helped many people, now helping a lot more by rewritting in place of a road map(which is a weight loss guide). The facebook page has 500+ likes and growing daily. It's helping people with weight loss every day.

So you can't state a fact without knowing the fact.

The point i was making about the internet is that there are rules and ethics we should follow. I am sure you're aware of stories of kids committing suicide because of cyber bulling, committing a cyber crime i believe a minimum is 10years in jail.

But, "HEY ITS JUST THE INTERNET."

A *tad* dramatic....dontcha think?

It's all fun and games until somebody gets defensive....