The udder truth

Options

Replies

• chessgeekdavidb
    chessgeekdavidb Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Even some of the good stuff. Like Broccoli, Cauliflower, Kale and others - they're all just GMO cabbage.
    Cheers - I'll remember that next time someone offers me some :D.

"No, not touching any of your genetically modified cabbage!"

(I dislike all of them, as you may guess and would far from consider them 'good'!)

I meant good like .. it's currently believed that if you eat kale, you will become immortal, or something.

I don't remember seeing kale on mt. Olympus.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    I meant good like .. it's currently believed that if you eat kale, you will become immortal, or something.
    Maybe it starts to genetically modify (sic) you in to one of those Jelly Fish that live for ever?

I always wanted to be immortal; but not as a Jelly Fish, so another good reason to avoid it!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    If you feel better when you stop drinking milk or eating dairy then chances are you're allergic to it or have some kind of lactose iintolerance going on. And your statement is completely misleading because it's not the DAIRY itself, but the FAT in the dairy that has the health consequences. Everything in moderation is best.

Fat causes lactose intolerance? I thought lactose was a sugar. Whatdoiknowthethingsyoulearnonmfp.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    If you feel better when you stop drinking milk or eating dairy then chances are you're allergic to it or have some kind of lactose iintolerance going on. And your statement is completely misleading because it's not the DAIRY itself, but the FAT in the dairy that has the health consequences. Everything in moderation is best.

Fat causes lactose intolerance? I thought lactose was a sugar. Whatdoiknowthethingsyoulearnonmfp.

:flowerforyou:

I stalk you on the forums because of answers like these.
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    Options
    More bro science B S ...

When I was in the best shape of my life, I drank form 1/2 to a full gal of WHOLE milk a day.

6'2"
    235 lbs
    about 6% bf
    32" waist
    48-50" chest
    27" thighs
    My arms and forearms where so thick and cut everybody called me Popeye at the gyms .....

I grew up drinking milk from the holding tank. So, don't give me milk causes all these ailments B S ... 'cause that is all it is ... B S - bro science

Some people ARE allergic to it... I will give you that, and it prob does do most of that crap to people that are allergic to it .......
    But not everyone is allergic to it .....

I LOVE milk !!!!
  • marypatmccue
    marypatmccue Posts: 521 Member
    Options

:flowerforyou:

Being that I'm lactose intolerant... yeah - It's the Lactose in the milk products... not the fat.
    Good news, you can get lactose free milk and yogurt...
    I love milk fat... and fat in general. Why does everyone have hatred towards fat?
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    *adjusts tinfoil hat* In before the break. Someone tell me when the peer-reviewed science stuff actually takes place.

*goes back to eating turkey and swiss sandwich*
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    The China Study
    Welcome to the Official Roundup Page for all my blog posts pertaining to T. Colin Campbell’s “The China Study.” If you’re interested in seeing a critical examination of the claims in this book, I encourage you to read either the first or second link and links 3 and 4, which contain a great deal of new information not included in my original critique.

1. The China Study: Fact or Fallacy? (My original critique of “The China Study” by T. Colin Campbell.)

2. The China Study: A Formal Analysis and Response (A referenced, uber-long, and cleaned-up collection of my original China Study criticisms—more academic and less colloquial, for anyone who prefers the former. This is a response to Campbell’s reply to my critique.)

3. Forks Over Knives: Is the Science Legit? (A critique of the science behind “Forks Over Knives,” a documentary heavily featuring Campbell and his work. Read this if you want to know more about Campbell’s rat research with casein and aflatoxin.)

4. One Year Later: The China Study, Revisited and Re-Bashed (A collection of peer-reviewed studies based on the China Study data that contradict Campbell’s interpretations and claims.)

5. The China Study, Wheat, and Heart Disease: Oh My! (An in-depth statistical analysis of wheat flour and heart disease in the China Study data.)

6. The China Study: My Response to Campbell (My response to Campbell’s first reply to my critique.)

7. Tuoli: China’s Mysterious Milk Drinkers (Information on the health of a Chinese county that eats nearly two pounds of dairy, ample fat, and 134 grams of animal protein per day.)

8. A Closer Look at the China Study: Meat and Disease (Associations the “meat” variable has with various diseases in China.)

9. A Closer Look at the China Study: Fish and Disease (Associations the “fish” variable has with various diseases in China.)

10. A Closer Look at the China Study: Eggs and Disease (Associations the “eggs” variable has with various diseases in China.)

11. A Closer Look at the China Study: Dairy and Disease (Associations the “dairy” variable has with various diseases in China.)

The China Study Discredited | Food Renegade (17:59:41) :
    [...] her 9000+ word summary conclusion. And if you want even more detailed analysis, take a look at the complete series of articles she’s posted over the past month as she’s dissected both the raw data and the famed [...]

T. Colin Campbell’s The China Study: Finally, Exhaustively Discredited | Free The Animal (22:00:49) :
    [...] Meta link: The China Study [...]

01-303113_0x420.jpg
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    *adjusts tinfoil hat* In before the break. Someone tell me when the peer-reviewed science stuff actually takes place.

*goes back to eating turkey and swiss sandwich*

It's never gonna happen - I've been waiting for ages and have asked several times. :sad:
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Chhhhheeeseee.jpg
  • Kmanouchehri90
    Kmanouchehri90 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else think it is weird we drink the breast milk from a different species?
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else think it is weird we drink the breast milk from a different species?

Nope, we eat the meat, why not drink the milk.

Tasty tasty pizza btw. :love:
  • chessgeekdavidb
    chessgeekdavidb Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Chhhhheeeseee.jpg

That will kill you :wink: :laugh: :tongue:
  • Snapper1985
    Snapper1985 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Dairy is linked to:
    Acne
    Arthritis
    Asthma
    Autism
    Breast Cancer
    Colon Cancer
    Constipation
    Cramps
    Depression
    Diabetes
    Diarrhea
    Ear Infections
    Eczema
    Emphysema
    Headaches
    High Cholesterol
    Hyperactivity
    Increased mucus
    AND YES OSTEOPOROSIS

Watch this video: tobecrude.wordpress.com/

People with these conditions drink water and breathe air. So water and air are linked to:
    Acne
    Arthritis
    Asthma
    Autism
    Breast Cancer
    Colon Cancer
    Constipation
    Cramps
    Depression
    Diabetes
    Diarrhea
    Ear Infections
    Eczema
    Emphysema
    Headaches
    High Cholesterol
    Hyperactivity
    Increased mucus
    AND YES OSTEOPOROSIS
  • helyla
    helyla Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Chhhhheeeseee.jpg

OMG that looks delicious....drooling....
  • nytius
    nytius Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    If I listen to every person on MFP who list what's wrong with every food item , then I would never eat. Stay under your calorie limit, exercise, and stop stressing.

This...1,000 times. *SLOW CLAP*
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

It be weird if we had momma burgers.
  • 2ht2hand1e
    2ht2hand1e Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    What a coincidence. These ailments are also linked to breathing. It's time we start holding our breath.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I don't know what "sho cheep" means, but if its from oats... it's not milk.

Thank you
    I wondered that, too... Perhaps she meant so cheap?

I think she did too.

She's Asian and has an accent.

Don't be rude.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options

You should totally start drinking human breast milk . . . .