Options
    I swear we just did this....
    Did anyone mention baby cows yet?

MILK IS FOR BABY COWS!!!:angry:

You're welcome. :smile:
  • squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Constipation AND diarrhea?!? Those crafty, mooing *kitten*!
  • hopefully86
    Options
    I'm amazed by how easily people get offended. A woman poses the belief that dairy is bad, and we all jump down her throat. "NO!! MY DAIRY GOOD!! ARGH!!!" Either way you think you know about it - why spend so much time worrying about being right? Don't be a disappointment to the human race - be a truth-seeker and encourager.
  • Cese27
    Cese27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    It's all true,I drank a glass of milk and my leg broke later that day.
  • helyla
    helyla Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm amazed by how easily people get offended. A woman poses the belief that dairy is bad, and we all jump down her throat. "NO!! MY DAIRY GOOD!! ARGH!!!" Either way you think you know about it - why spend so much time worrying about being right? Don't be a disappointment to the human race - be a truth-seeker and encourager.

The point is that she doesn't have any valid data to back up her argument. At least not that she has put up. It's not about being right, it's about not backing up what you are putting out there as truth.
  • albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Eating dairy does alter peoples hormones.
    I know lots of people who have cut out dairy and are actually happier for it, healthier, and look great!
    There are lots of ways to get calcium, and actually a lot better ways to get calcium than dairy. I would recommend watching the documentary "Forks over Knives", if you want to check out the scientific evidence, Also, you can check out a short film here:
    www.tobecrude.wordpress.com
    Forks over Knives is NOT scientific evidence. It's VEGAN DOGMA that ignores scientific evidence. Its producers and all those involved are members of the SPCA.

These are animal activists giving you dogma. There's no science at all behind it.
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Just replying so I can say what I want on my wall without getting reported.

Lol that's awesome! . . . but now I'm curious O.o lol
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

I didn't realise I was disappointing the entire human race. I assumed it was just my parents. How embarrassing.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

We are truth seekers. Which is why we're happy to discredit falsities.
  • Nachise
    Nachise Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Oh, please. It is no secret that the current state of large scale dairy farming is pretty scary stuff. Factory farming requires squeezing very large animals into very small places in a very unsanitary facility. In order to maintain the health (?) of the cows, they are injected with antibiotics, steroids, and growth hormones. I wouldn't touch that milk with a 10 foot barge pole.

I stick to plain organic goat and cow's milk. The cow's milk only as yogurt and butter. If I want Greek style yogurt, I strain it. All you need is a mesh-style strainer and some cheesecloth.
  • hopefully86
    Options
    That's all good and fine - except seeking truth is not about shutting down others seeking truth. Circular reasoning.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options

Isn't discussing what the truth actually is truth-seeking? And do you honestly believe that we should encourage misinformation? Personally, I find ignorance very disappointing.
  • hopefully86
    Options

We are truth seekers. Which is why we're happy to discredit falsities.

That's all good and fine, except truth seeking does not deter others from seeking truth. Circular reasoning there, lol.
  • elfo
    elfo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Eating dairy does alter peoples hormones.
    I know lots of people who have cut out dairy and are actually happier for it, healthier, and look great!
    There are lots of ways to get calcium, and actually a lot better ways to get calcium than dairy. I would recommend watching the documentary "Forks over Knives", if you want to check out the scientific evidence, Also, you can check out a short film here:
    www.tobecrude.wordpress.com
    Forks over Knives is NOT scientific evidence. It's VEGAN DOGMA that ignores scientific evidence. Its producers and all those involved are members of the SPCA.

uhmmmm, Actually they're highly respected doctors!

T. Colin Campbell, Ph.D.

castcrew t colin cambell Cast and CrewFor more than 40 years, Dr. Campbell has been at the forefront of nutrition research. His legacy, the China Project, is considered the most comprehensive study of health and nutrition ever conducted. Dr. Campbell is the Jacob Gould Schurman Professor Emeritus of Nutritional Biochemistry at Cornell University and Project Director of the acclaimed China-Oxford-Cornell Diet and Health Project. The study was the culmination of a 20-year partnership of Cornell University, Oxford University and the Chinese Academy of Preventive Medicine.

Dr. Campbell received his master’s degree and Ph.D. from Cornell, and served as a Research Associate at MIT. He spent 10 years on the faculty of Virginia Tech’s Department of Biochemistry and Nutrition before returning to the Division of Nutritional Sciences at Cornell in 1975 where he presently holds his Endowed Chair (now Emeritus).

His principal scientific interests, which began with his graduate training in the late 1950s, has been on the effects of nutritional status on long term health, particularly on the cause of cancer. He has conducted original research both in laboratory experiments and in large-scale human studies; has received more than 70 grant-years of peer-reviewed research funding, mostly from the National Institute of Health, and has served on several grant review panels of multiple funding agencies. Dr. Campbell has lectured extensively, and has authored more than 300 research papers. He and his son, Thomas M. Campbell II, are authors of the bestselling book, The China Study: Startling Implications for Diet, Weight Loss and Long-term Health.

Dr. T. Colin Campbell is the recipient of several awards, both in research and citizenship, and has actively participated in the development of national and international nutrition policy.

Caldwell B. Esselstyn, Jr., M.D.

castcrew caldwell esselstyn Cast and CrewDr. Caldwell B. Esselstyn, Jr., received his B.A. from Yale University and his M.D. from Western Reserve University. In 1956, pulling the No. six oar as a member of the victorious United States rowing team, he was awarded a gold medal at the Olympic Games. He was trained as a surgeon at the Cleveland Clinic and at St. George’s Hospital in London. In 1968, as an Army surgeon in Vietnam, he was awarded the Bronze Star.

Dr. Esselstyn has been associated with the Cleveland Clinic since 1968. During that time, he has served as President of the Staff and as a member of the Board of Governors. He chaired the Clinic’s Breast Cancer Task Force and headed its Section of Thyroid and Parathyroid Surgery.

In 1991, Dr. Esselstyn served as President of the American Association of Endocrine Surgeons. That same year he organized the first National Conference on the Elimination of Coronary Artery Disease, which was held in Tucson, Arizona. In 1997, he chaired a follow-up conference, the Summit on Cholesterol and Coronary Disease, which brought together more than 500 physicians and health-care workers in Lake Buena Vista, Florida. In April, 2005, Dr. Esselstyn became the first recipient of the Benjamin Spock Award for Compassion in Medicine. He received the Distinguished Alumnus Award from the Cleveland Clinic Alumni Association in 2009.

His scientific publications number over 150. “The Best Doctors in America” 1994-1995 published by Woodward and White cites Dr. Esselstyn’s surgical expertise in the categories of endocrine and breast disease. In 1995 he published his bench mark long-term nutritional research on arresting and reversing coronary artery disease in severely ill patients. That same study was updated at 12 years making it one of the longest longitudinal studies of its type. It is most compelling, as no compliant patients have sustained disease progression. Today, 20 years later compliant patients continue to thrive.

Dr. Esselstyn and his wife, Ann Crile Esselstyn, have followed a plant-based diet for more than 20 years. They work together to counsel patients both in Cleveland, where they live, and in summer at the farm in upstate New York where Dr. Esselstyn grew up. Dr. Esselstyn concentrates on the medical details, and Ann focuses on healthy foods

These are animal activists giving you dogma. There's no science at all behind it.
  • Cupcake_420
    Options
    now this is what i call cheap entertainment...lol
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Interesting. It's also been proven that a high percentage of people who do NOT have cancer or cancerous cells have ingested DHMO at some point. But go ahead and think you're enlightened if it helps you.
    Fair criticism; but I humbly suggest you're failing to take account of the fact that these people are merely in the same state as those who have or have had cancer BEFORE they had cancer!
    They too thought they were just fine while taking in all this DHMO, then 'blammo' and it's all gone horribly wrong!
    It seems the OP is the one getting offended that people aren't taking her seriously.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

That's all good and fine, except truth seeking does not deter others from seeking truth. Circular reasoning there, lol.

One can search for truth to disbelieve gravity. Doesn't make them any less foolish for trying to do so.

It is much the same here.
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options

I encourage the OP look for evidence that says milk is good. Read it objectively without inserting any preconceived beliefs about it being propaganda. To also look at the arguments against the "Forks Over Knives" with the same objectivity, and then to decide for herself if milk is the cause of all the problems of the world.

This isn't a very difficult task, except for the objectivity. Most people have their preconceived notions about what is the "truth." Anything that agrees with this is taken as confirmation and anything that doesn't is dismissed as propaganda, pseudoscience, or conspiracy.

An actual honest to God open mind is a very difficult thing to find.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    336A18AB-BC8E-4FA1-8E89-4C3935499411-15430-000010813BEBD94C_zpsd290328f.jpg