Labor Day Challenge!

Options

Replies

• Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone! I'm still taking it light so I completed a new dvd called Hip Hop dance mix. There are a variety of different dance moves in this workout that's suppose to shape up your body. You can create your own custom workout by choosing from any of the five dance options.

1. Hip Hop basics
    2. Fat burning funk
    3. Edgy grooves
    4. Body re-mix
    5. Cardio street heat

I decided to dance to the fat burning funk and cardio street heat workouts today. This wasn't my favorite dvd but it at least changed things up from my Leslie Sansone workout.

Nonetheless, today's workout is complete.
  • gonabfit
    gonabfit Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    WOW! This challenge sounds like as great Idea! I see I'm late... but I still may just join in :-D
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning! Today is the final day of my light workouts b/c I plan on bringing it beginning tomorrow. While my back is hurting a little still every other part of my body is cooperating so if I take it easy today I'm hopeful I'll be able to pick up w/P90X tomorrow. Since today is a light workout day I decided to go for a jog/run. This was the first time I've ever jogged/ran on the streets. Usually I'm on a treadmill or at a local park. Jogging/running on the streets is a lot harder than the treadmill or park b/c the pavement is so uneven. It is a warm day here in GA but there is a nice breeze so I was able to catch a good rhythm. Since I had never run outside before I didn't want to bite off more than I could chew so I took a fairly straightforward/easy route. When the workout was complete I had jogged/ran 2.22 miles in a total of 19.25 minutes. For all you joggers/runners out there how did I do? I have no idea if the distance I covered in that timeframe is considered slow, medium or fast paced. I'm thinking about completing a 5k at some point and would like to begin measuring my progress. Any feedback would be extremely helpful.
  • raelbee
    raelbee Posts: 219
    Options
    May 3: 138
    May 10: 137
    May 17: 136
    May 24: 134
    May 31: 131
    June 7: 129
    June 14:
    June 21:
    June 28:
    July 5:
    July 12:
    July 19:
    July 26:
    August 2:
    August 9:
    August 16:
    August 23:
    August 30:
    September 6: 115 (not sure this is realistic.125 -115 would be ideal, I think)

So my weigh in this morning felt like a big one. I'm out of the 130s - for the first time since I got pregnant more that 2 years ago. From 163 3 months ago, to 129 this morning...I'm kind of in shock. And pretty proud of myself :)

Lately, I've been adding some strength and hitting my cardio harder, and I hope it pays off. I'm enjoying this active lifestyle!

I wish everyone much luck this week. You guys are awesome!
  • KaeChelle
    KaeChelle Posts: 576
    Options
    May 3: 265.7
    May 10: 264.8
    May 17: 267.0
    May 24: 264.7
    May 31: 263.6
    June 7: 263.0
    June 14:
    June 21:
    June 28:
    July 5:
    July 12:
    July 19:
    July 26:
    August 2:
    August 9:
    August 16:
    August 23:
    August 30:
    September 6: Goal - 230

I didn't meet my exercise goal this week, so once again my goal is to go to the gym at least 4 times this week.
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Its been a long and rough weekend. Suppose to have a bbq and we went out to eat. Suppose to four wheel and have done mostly video games. No where to walk except the store and it wasn't for very long. Yesterday was almost over in calories and it would have been the first time, but still. Tired,stinky,kinda hungry, and ready for a much needed walk (or dance). I weigh in tomorrow morning and I think the scale may go up due to inactivity this weekend, I hate not being able to do anything. A few months ago I would rather play video games all day, now I just crave a walk. Tomorrow starts week2 day1 of c25k. I'll be back tomorrow morning with my weigh in. Hope everyones weekend was healthier than mine. *repeats over and over "tomorrow is a new day" * XoxoxoX Bru
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning all! Since I used last week to recover from my L.A. trip I'm only on week 7 (instead of 8) of the P90X program. Today's workout is my least favorite (after yoga) of the P90X program.....Chest, Shoulders and Tri's. Since I've not completed this workout in over a week I'm sure I'll feel it tomorrow.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    May 3: 121.5 lbs
    May 10: 123.5 lbs
    May 17: 122.5 lbs
    May 24: 122.5
    May 31: Missed weigh in (L.A.)
    June 7: 124 lbs
    June 14:
    June 21:
    June 28:
    July 5:
    July 12:
    July 19:
    July 26:
    August 2:
    August 9:
    August 16:
    August 23:
    August 30:
    September 6: Goal- maintain weight btwn 120-125 lbs
  • tleigh
    tleigh Posts: 58
    Options
    May 3 216
    May 10 215
    May 17 214
    May 24 210
    May 31 210
    June 7 210
    June 14
    June 21
    June 28
    July 5
    July 12
    July 19
    July 26
    August 2
    August 9
    August 16
    August 23
    August 30
    Sept. 6 goal 180

My goal weight is getting seeming more unrealistic each week. I am changing up my game plan a little bit. My in-laws finally got the pool open this weekend, so I am going to try to take the kids swimming every day, and in turn use swimming as my workout for the summer. I am also going to stay away from those horrible (but oh so yummy) potato chips the hubby thinks we need when we go camping. We are heading out again tomorrow, so I am going to be sure to pack lots of fruits and veggies for me...
  • gabyp0716
    gabyp0716 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    May 3: 175
    May 10: 174.4
    May 17: 174.0
    May 24: 175
    May 31: 174
    June 7: 172
    June 14:
    June 21:
    June 28:
    July 5:
    July 12:
    July 19:
    July 26:
    August 2:
    August 9:
    August 16:
    August 23:
    August 30:
    September 6: 160

I lost two lbs which is not bad considering I completed the 3-day shakeolgy cleanse. Of course I ended up doing it during TOM so Ihad gained a couple lbs. Cause according to the scale fron the day I started I lost 6 lbs. I might just have to do it again some other time. But I'm happy for now and feel more than ready to start round 2 of BBL tonight. I also want to incorporate 30 minutes of circuit training in the AM a few days a week. Hope you all have a great day!
  • UltimateLover
    UltimateLover Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Good Morning. I just found this post. I would like to join as well.

May 31: 180
    June 7: 179
    June 14:
    June 21:
    June 28:
    July 5:
    July 12:
    July 19:
    July 26:
    August 2:
    August 9:
    August 16:
    August 23:
    August 30:
    September 6: Goal- 165
  • OliveCulona
    Options
    Good morning! Today is the final day of my light workouts b/c I plan on bringing it beginning tomorrow. While my back is hurting a little still every other part of my body is cooperating so if I take it easy today I'm hopeful I'll be able to pick up w/P90X tomorrow. Since today is a light workout day I decided to go for a jog/run. This was the first time I've ever jogged/ran on the streets. Usually I'm on a treadmill or at a local park. Jogging/running on the streets is a lot harder than the treadmill or park b/c the pavement is so uneven. It is a warm day here in GA but there is a nice breeze so I was able to catch a good rhythm. Since I had never run outside before I didn't want to bite off more than I could chew so I took a fairly straightforward/easy route. When the workout was complete I had jogged/ran 2.22 miles in a total of 19.25 minutes. For all you joggers/runners out there how did I do? I have no idea if the distance I covered in that timeframe is considered slow, medium or fast paced. I'm thinking about completing a 5k at some point and would like to begin measuring my progress. Any feedback would be extremely helpful.

Hello!!! I think you did great for an outside run! When you first start running it's hard to determine what your overall pace will be. You will improve weekly if you keep it up! Usually a 10 min mile is considered "slow or average" (6.0mph on the treadmill) and a minute or two less is about medium and 5-7min miles are fast! I think you did great on this running adventure! Keep it up!!!
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    May 3: 167
    May 11: 166
    May 17: 165
    May 24: 168
    May 31: 169
    June 7: 167
    June 14:
    June 21:
    June 28:
    July 5:
    July 12:
    July 19:
    July 26:
    August 2:
    August 9:
    August 16:
    August 23:
    August 30:
    September 6: Goal- 160

Well, I am finally back down to my starting weight for this challenge. I've started the 200 hundred sit up challenge, and I'm not doing too bad with that. This week will be tough. I'm staying with my dad and his wife while my kids and I go to Music Camp at my cousin's church. The problem there being that Lora is an excellent cook. I always feel like I have to eat all of what she serves. I would NOT be surprised with a gain for next week!:laugh:

My challenge for this week is to not eat too much at Dad and Lora's, and to get in at least 2 miles of walking each day. I am hoping to take the kids swimming everyday this week (if I can get someone to go with me and help). It will be a fun week. I've just got to be careful about how much I eat.
  • swilkie1961
    swilkie1961 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    May 3: 160.4
    May 10: 157.6
    May 17: 157.6
    May 24: 155.2
    May 31: 155.2 (TOM)
    June 7 (mini goal 155): 154.8 - JUST MADE IT!!
    June 14:
    June 21 (Triathlon on the 20th):
    June 28:
    July 5 (mini goal 150):
    July 12:
    July 19:
    July 26:
    August 2 (mini goal 145):
    August 9:
    August 16:
    August 23:
    August 30:
    September 6: 140
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    May 24: 185
    May 31: 183.4
    June 7: 183
    June 14:
    June 21:
    June 28:
    July 5:
    July 12:
    July 19:
    July 26:
    August 2:
    August 9:
    August 16:
    August 23:
    August 30:
    September 6: Goal 170

Not much but any progress is progress. I am hoping for a bit more this next week!
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    May 11 244
    May 17 243.6
    May 24 241.4
    May 27 240.8
    June 1 240.0
    June 7 237.0
    June 14
    June 21
    June 28
    July 5
    July 12
    July 19
    July 26
    August 2
    August 9
    August 16
    August 23
    August 30
    Sept. 6: 224

Woohoo! Down 3 pounds this week & that even included my "cheat" at Olive Garden! But like my sister inlaw said to me....is it really a cheat since I worked my butt off all day long before I went & still had 80 calories left for the day when all was said & done??? :laugh:

This week I'm going to attempt C25K again & mix that with Jillian's Shred every other day. Saturday is my brother's surprise 40th bday party, I'm sure I'll have a few beverages so, hopefully they won't show on the scale for me next week. I am doing Race for the Cure 5K Saturday morning, so hopefully that will help out with my calories for the day! :drinker:
    Kelly
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options

Hello!!! I think you did great for an outside run! When you first start running it's hard to determine what your overall pace will be. You will improve weekly if you keep it up! Usually a 10 min mile is considered "slow or average" (6.0mph on the treadmill) and a minute or two less is about medium and 5-7min miles are fast! I think you did great on this running adventure! Keep it up!!!

Thank you for the feedback b/c I had no idea where my starting point was. If it's considered slow/medium then I'll keep trying to progress. I don't have a desire to be a fast runner but would like to be at least average so if my final result is medium paced I'm fine w/it. I can't believe how different running outside vs on a treadmill is.
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Gee according to that my 5 mph is really slow...:tongue: I guess I better pick up my training. My real goal is to run a 5k in 30 mins. So I will accept average.:smile:
  • mtns2010
    mtns2010 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    May 3: SW = 170
    May 10: 168
    May 17: 167
    May 24: 165
    May 31/June 2: 165
    June 7: Goal = 165, weigh in 162
    June 14:
    June 21:
    June 28:
    July 5: Goal = 157
    July 12:
    July 19:
    July 26:
    August 2: Goal = 148
    August 9:
    August 16:
    August 23:
    August 30:
    September 6: Goal = 145

Accomplishment for the week: I stepped up my exercise from anything moving (yoga, etc.) to making sure it is aerobic and burns some calories. Downside: my goal was to net out my calories to the fitness pal goal (1200/day) every single day, but I missed a couple of days on that. (Funny how those hors d'oeuvres and beverages at events add up.) Missed one day of exercise due to an exhausting work day, so I'm trying now to do what doesn't come naturally to me, which is to get up a little earlier and get my exercise in the morning.
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options

This week I'm going to attempt C25K again & mix that with Jillian's Shred every other day. Saturday is my brother's surprise 40th bday party, I'm sure I'll have a few beverages so, hopefully they won't show on the scale for me next week. I am doing Race for the Cure 5K Saturday morning, so hopefully that will help out with my calories for the day! :drinker:
    Kelly

We have a race this weekend in STL, I missed the registration for it, so that just means I'll be ready for next year. Enjoy and have fun this weekend!