Labor Day Challenge!

Options

Replies

• Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I am happy to announce that the work assignment is now complete and the deadline was met. It required me staying up until almost midnight but nonetheless it is done:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Since work assignment is complete it means my unit and I are able to work from home for the next couple of weeks (except to attend a meeting here and there)....YIPPEE, YIPPEE, YIPPEE, YIPPEE! Working from home allows me so much more flexibility regarding sleep and workouts. For example, if we needed to report to the office today I would have needed to be up by 5 am in order to complete the workout, eat breakfast, shower and commute to work and I didn't get to bed until after midnight so I would have been operating on very little sleep. Since we're working from home I was able to sleep til 7 am, complete workout, eat breakfast, shower and be ready for work by 8:30 am.....can you tell i'm excited about working from home for the next couple of weeks.....LOL.

Enough about my work schedule.

Today is week 9 day 4 of the P90X program which means it's a Yoga day. As everyone knows I don't like yoga and usually switch it out for another dvd BUT today I decided to give yoga a shot. I knew I would not last for 90 minutes so I opted for Denise Austin's Yoga Body Burn dvd. What I liked most about this workout is that it's 3 separate workouts that are 20 minutes, 10 minutes and 10 minutes so you decide how much you want to do on any given day. I completed all three today and it was not as bad as I expected. I'm still not a fan of Yoga but if I do decide to take a stab at it again I will do this workout.

Sphinctress: Good luck w/training for your upcoming triathalon. How and how often do you train for such a strenous race?
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Here's my weekly stats...I never thought I'd lose 9.2lbs in one month!! Wowza!!! I'm still in shock! :noway:

May 3: 240
    May 11: 237.6
    May 17: 236.6
    May 24: 235.2
    May 31: 232.8 ---started Labor Day challenge on 6/1/10
    June 7: 231.8 (was 230.8, went up a pound this past weekend)
    June 14: ----277.4
    >mini goal of 228 for a date with my brothers :)
    June 21: 225.6 (was up to 228.2 on the 18th, but it was due to lots of sodium)
    June 28: 223.6
    July 5:
    July 12:
    July 19:
    July 26:
    August 2:
    August 9:
    August 16:
    August 23:
    August 30:
    September 6: Goal- 210
    And October 18th is my 2yr wedding anniversary so come on 200!!

Hope you all have a wonderful and healthy weekend. I was planning a bbq tomorrow, but with everyone flaking out, it will be just my mom, little picky-eater brothers and picky eater hubby, so I'm on the hunt for some recipes. See you all next week! XoxoxoX Bru
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone! Today is week 9 day 5 of the P90X program which means it's a "legs and back" day. I really like this workout and between this and the Plyometrics dvd I can really see definition in my quads and beginning to see some in my inner thighs. I can only imagine the type of results I would receive if my eating would be cleaner. Overall the eating is good but I know it's not as clean as it should especially b/c I have a horrible sweet tooth that's not always easy to overlook. I'm a work in progress and this is a lifestyle change so I'm sure I'll get better over time.

Brunettewife: Congratulations on the 9 lb loss and hope it keeps you motivated to continue working out and eating healthy so you can reach your ultimate goal.
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Bru - Congrats on the 9.2 pounds for the month!

I'm shooting for that as well! (Really hoping for 10 though! LOL) I was at 7.6 lbs lost as of 6-22 (232.4 lbs) so come on 230! :bigsmile: Kelly
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone! This will be a quick post b/c I have to begin getting dress for a surprise birthday party I'm attending later. Since I'm responsible for helping the dj get set up I have to arrive an hour and a half before the rest of the guests which doesn't leave me much time.

Today is week 9 day 6 of the P90X program and I was able to squeeze in the Cardio X dvd b/c I just didn't have enough time to do the scheduled Kenpo X workout. In addition to this workout I helped my girlfriend clean and decorate the venue for this evening's surprise party. The cleaning and decorating took about 3 hours and my body is really sore.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Surprise party was a HUGE success. Her hubby had absolutely no idea about the party and the look on his face when we yelled surprise was PRICELESS! He's not from GA so his family from his hometown were able to drive in for the event and it everyone had a blast. I am more sore this morning than I was yesterday after cleaning and decorating. In addition to being a guest she asked myself and few others to assist serving food and drinks as well as to stay after to clean. So I spent a total of 6 1/2 hours in 4 inch heels (stilletto). Overall the shoes were very comfortable but after standing and dancing (definitely got the groove on) in them for so long my calves and feet began to ache.

Today will be a stretching day so I can be prepared for week 10 of P90X.
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!! I had my non-bbq yesterday. My total 'guests'...my mom and 2 little brothers (and my hubby, of coourse)..that's it. I did really well, food wise. I told my mom to bring somthing..she brings hotdogs and chips, neither were touched by any of us. I made of a veggie tray (cauliflower, broccoli, carrots) and a fruit tray (red grapes, red/green apples, and strawberries). I made a pasta salad with cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, green pepper, shreeded cheese, a little italian dressing (light) and shell noodles. And my main course was boneless skinless chicken, 6 breast, cut into 1/4 slices (cooked in 'pam' and a lil evoo on the skillet),squeezed an entire lemon on the chicken, once it was fully cooked, I added a few onion and peppers slices to simmer about 3-5min minutes. Then topped with almonds and served. It turned out great! Hubby even gave the approval!! And he's really picky! So all was good this weekend. I danced for 2 1/2hrs Fri-Sat combined, I had lots or veggies and fruits, watched my portions and still drank my first alcoholic drink since March, only one 8oz glass of Verdi. I had plenty of water and still got to have fun and visit with family.

I hope everyone's weekend is going great! I'll be back around Fri to weigh (and measure) in. XoxoxoX Bru
  • KaeChelle
    KaeChelle Posts: 576
    Options
    I have been way off track and am almost back up to the weight I was when we started this challenge. At the beginning, my end goal was 230, but I've changed it to 250. I've just been lazy and my eating has been not so healthy. I need to get focused again.

May 3: 265.7
    May 10: 264.8
    May 17: 267.0
    May 24: 264.7
    May 31: 263.6
    June 7: 263.0
    June 14: 261.9
    June 21: SKIPPED
    June 28: 264.4
    July 5:
    July 12:
    July 19:
    July 26:
    August 2:
    August 9:
    August 16:
    August 23:
    August 30:
    September 6: Goal 250
  • tleigh
    tleigh Posts: 58
    Options
    May 3 216
    May 10 215
    May 17 214
    May 24 210
    May 31 210
    June 7 210
    June 14 205
    June 21 206
    June 28 204
    July 5
    July 12
    July 19
    July 26
    August 2
    August 9
    August 16
    August 23
    August 30
    Sept. 6 goal 180

Somehow I managed to lose that extra pound from last week plus another one. So 2 pounds this week, YAY! I had a revelation last night...I have only really halfway committed myself to this. I say every day that I need to work out, then I keep putting it off. Since the kids have been out of school I have been letting myself sleep in with them. Last night I set the alarm for 7:00, and actually got out of bed this morning! I started the 30 Day Shred this morning. Oh, I can feel the workout! So, my goals this week is to get up every morning and spend some time with Jillian (or as I told my husband, let Jillian kick my butt), and in the afternoon either take the kids swimming or do Hip Hop Abs (which I find so FUN).

Good job ladies, and good luck this week!
  • Ktbell626
    Ktbell626 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    May 17:168
    May 24: 169
    May 31: 167
    June 7: 170 (TOM)
    June 14:167
    June 21:167
    June 28: 170
    July 5: Goal 165
    July 12:
    July 19:
    July 26:
    August 2: Goal 160
    August 9:
    August 16:
    August 23:
    August 30:
    September 6: Goal- 155

I don't know what happen, I've been swimming laps almost everyday and staying within my calories. Yesterday, my friends and I went to play soccer in the park but it was to hot so we played water volleyball in the pool. I think my weight is up today because of water retention. but I was really hoping for a loss
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning and Happy Monday! This will be a short work week for me b/c we celebrate Independence Day on Friday and I'm heading to PA to hang out w/my auntie on Thursday. The packing is just about completed for this trip but I do need to hit the mall today in order to purchase a pair of silver stilettos b/c we are going on an All White Harbor Cruise this Saturday and I need some sandals. I don't like how white shoes/sandals look so silver is going to have to do. These sandals are super sexy. They are strappy w/a 4 1/2 inch heel. I will have a back up pair of shoes too b/c I'm sure I wont want to stand/dance in them for 5 hours. I would have purchased them yesterday when i went to the mall but how about I tried them on, loved them and headed to the counter to pay only to realize I forgot my wallet at home :embarassed: :huh: :embarassed: I had forgotten to switch wallets from Saturday night so I had no id, insurance card, debit or credit card and NO CASH.

Today is week 10 (I can't believe I've stayed w/the program and only have 2 more weeks left, excluding recovery week) day 1 of the P90X program which means it was a chest, shoulders and tricep day. I absolutely HATE the push ups in the routine. I still can't complete the one hand push ups, I'm still struggling with the clap and one arm balance push ups. I'm so happy to know that I only have to complete this routine one more time and that's in week 12.
  • raelbee
    raelbee Posts: 219
    Options
    May 3: 138
    May 10: 137
    May 17: 136
    May 24: 134
    May 31: 131
    June 7: 129
    June 14: 128
    June 21: 126
    June 28: 124
    July 5:
    July 12:
    July 19:
    July 26:
    August 2: Goal 119: Visiting family
    August 9:
    August 16:
    August 23:
    August 30:
    September 6: 115 (not sure this is realistic.125 -115 would be ideal, I think)

I'm really excited this week b/c I've made it into my goal weight range. It feels good :)

I'm giving the 30 Day Shred another go. I started it in May and only got 9 days in before hurting my knees somehow. I took a month long break and started back last Monday. I thought I would need to start over from level 1, but found it WAY too easy the second time around. I was pleasantly surprised! I'm now 4 days into level 2 and am enjoying the challenge. I love how you see and feel immediate results with this workout.

I have a week-long trip coming up in August and am really nervous about how to eat right and exercise regularly while staying with various family members. I thought perhaps I should bring the 30 Day Shred and try to fit that in....it's just that our schedules are always action packed whenever we go home. Maybe just trying to fit in some walking? Eating is another problem! If I plan now, I think I'll have a better chance of success while there.
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I just found this challenge and would love to join (if thats ok with you all!). I'm getting "back on the horse" after not keeping up with logging my food/exercising regularly over the past few months. I started at 220, went down to 176 and this morning was back up to 179. By Labor Day I would like to be down to 165. I'm hoping that is realistic! I have come to realize that ANYTHING is possible so I'm optimistic!

My name is Katie, I'm a devoted wife and mother of three little boys (8, 4 and 3) who works full time. Between work, my family and keeping my house together it's very hard to stay focused with weight loss - as I'm sure most of you know! I look forward to reaching my goal with this challenge and I wish you all the best of luck!

June 28: 179
    July 5:
    July 12:
    July 19:
    July 26:
    August 2:
    August 9:
    August 16:
    August 23:
    August 30:
    September 6: AIMING FOR 165 :drinker:
  • sphinctress
    sphinctress Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hi Chocolickkyss,

As for training, I used to be be a competitive swimmer, so I just do interval training mixed with long swims and some stroke drills to improve my technique... as for running, since I'm new to running, I'm mostly just trying to build up to the distance I'll be running. Some of that is interval training, some is just distance... I don't really know what I'm doing in that arena : ). Same thing with biking,... I have a bike, I ride. Trying to mix in hills and distance and intervals, but again, I really have no idea what I am doing. The triathlon I'm doing is off-road, so I need to hit the trails. That's where I run, but it's been well over a decade since I've mountain biked! : )

Gotta go weigh in... I've been on the road a bit, so I haven't logged or eaten well... : )
    BTW, my name is Chelsea.
    : )
  • sphinctress
    sphinctress Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Ok, moment of truth...

SW: 195
    CW: 160
    GW: 125

May 3: 160
    May 11: 163.8~ New SCALE
    May 17: 164.4
    May 24: 165.8
    May 31: 163.4
    June 7: 159.6
    June 14: 157.6
    June 21: 158
    June 28: 162!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!~ It's ok... I can fix that! I will fix that... I MUST fix that!
    July 5:
    July 12:
    July 19:
    July 26:
    August 2:
    August 9:
    August 16:
    August 23:
    August 30:
    September 6: Goal- 130

: )
  • gabyp0716
    gabyp0716 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    May 3: 175
    May 10: 174.4
    May 17: 174.0
    May 24: 175
    May 31: 174
    June 7: 172
    June 14: 173
    June 21: 174
    June 28: 173.8
    July 5:
    July 12:
    July 19:
    July 26:
    August 2:
    August 9:
    August 16:
    August 23:
    August 30:
    September 6: 160

Only a little loss this week. I'm going to keep pushing though.
  • kintegra
    Options
    May 11 244
    May 17 243.6
    May 24 241.4
    May 27 240.8
    June 1 240.0
    June 7 237.0
    June 14 233.6
    June 21 233.4
    June 28 230.6
    July 5
    July 12
    July 19
    July 26
    August 2
    August 9
    August 16
    August 23
    August 30
    Sept. 6: 224

I didn't make the 228.5 goal as I had wanted for today, but I'm at 9.4 lbs lost for this month, so I'll take it! I finished C25K week one & will start Wk 2 this evening. I did not do any Jillian Shreds last week at all again. I guess I would just rather be outside doing my workouts! I think after this week I'm going to have to redo my Labor Day goal. I'm getting close to the 224, so I know that I can achieve that sooner than Labor Day. We'll see how this week goes before I change it! :blushing:

My goals for the week: Today & tomorrow are Skinny Monday & Tuesday for me, as I want to be under 230 to start July off. So my plan for the next 2 days is to increase H2O and do a few extra workouts! So that includes, walks on my breaks @ work, C25K, belly dancing, 1.5 - 2 hour bike rides, Zumba on Wednesday, and at least one other activity per day! I'm determined to start July off under 230! :bigsmile:

Kelly
  • Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Checking in!

May 3: 173.0
    May 10: Missed
    May 17: 173.4 (+0.4)(<-- TOM)
    May 24: 172.0 (-1.4)
    May 31: 171.2 (-0.8)
    June 7: Had wisdom teeth out 06/04
    June 14: Still recovering from oral surgery
    June 21: 172.0 (+0.8)
    June 28: 172.4 (+0.2)
    July 5: Milestone Goal: 170 (hubby’s birthday)
    July 12:
    July 19:
    July 26: Milestone Goal: 165 (hubby begins bar exam 07/27)
    August 2:
    August 9:
    August 16:
    August 23:
    August 30:
    September 6: Goal: 160

This weekend was a bust food-wise, and I haven't been getting good sleep the past few nights -- but it's a new week.
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

I'm checking in, but I don't have a weigh in to report because I'm not at home. I am still at my aunt & uncle's house taking grad classes at Kansas State University. My aunt keeps making cookies! Aaaaaggghhhh!!!! Then, she suggests that maybe rather than dinner, I'd just like to use my calories for cookies and ice cream! She is SUCH a nice, Christian, woman. Her cookies are SO good. But OMG!! "Get behind thee Satan!" (For any non-Christian members, that is from the Bible quoting Jesus.) How am I supposed to function in a house where there are currently FOUR containers (fairly large containers at that) of cookies on the kitchen counter? I can't even go get a glass of water without seeing them because they are on the counter right below the glasses cabinet.:ohwell: She knows that I am watching what I eat, and she commented on how skinny I've gotten. I told her that I am eating less junk food, and more fruits and veggies. Her translation: serve fruit cocktail (various fresh fruits soaked in OJ or other juices) and a veggie tray with every meal. I am truly scared about what my weigh in will say this Saturday! I HAVE been taking advantage of my uncle's weight room and I try to bike at LEAST a half hour a night. (As a side note, I have to ride 20 minutes to work off ONE of her chocolate chips cookies.:grumble: ) This is on top of the homework I have for my classes. Speaking of which, I should get back to!

Ok, my rant is over. I will go grab my reading assignment for tonight, put on my workout clothes, and go ride the bike some more. My goal for the week is only ONE cookie per day, only ONE SMALL serving of the main dish at meals, and at LEAST 30 minutes on the bike. Please keep me in your thoughts while I struggle through the next two weeks!
  • kintegra
    Options
    You can do it Lisa! Sounds pretty challenging, but you will make it through! :wink: