Jillian Michael 30 Days Shred (May 1 - May 30)

Options

Replies

• elainemc
    elainemc Posts: 7
    Options
    Hey i know i'm not a member so i don't mean to butt in but I've been doing the 30 day shred as well and am having pains in my knees. I'm kind of afraid to do it today in case i do some damage. Has anyone else had this problem, I'd be really grateful for any advice :flowerforyou:
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Hey i know i'm not a member so i don't mean to butt in but I've been doing the 30 day shred as well and am having pains in my knees. I'm kind of afraid to do it today in case i do some damage. Has anyone else had this problem, I'd be really grateful for any advice :flowerforyou:

I've done 30DS off and on about 3 times now and I always get pains in my knees. I realized I'm going over my toes on the one where you move your butt side to side and lift the weights in front of my face. I was originally told it was from my knees going over my toes during squats, which I knew they were not. Let me know what you find out because I really don't like it.
  • kiffypooh
    Options

Wow I did Level 2 today. I think I might be on this level for a bit. Hopefully I don't hurt too badly tomorrow.

Level 2 is SO much harder then level 1, but I saw HUGE results from moving to level 2. I lost 5 ls and 5" in my waist after 2 weeks.
  • Bleux
    Bleux Posts: 186
    Options

I've done 30DS off and on about 3 times now and I always get pains in my knees. I realized I'm going over my toes on the one where you move your butt side to side and lift the weights in front of my face. I was originally told it was from my knees going over my toes during squats, which I knew they were not. Let me know what you find out because I really don't like it.

It could definitely be your form. Do them slower at first to make sure you get it right. Then pick up the pace as you get use to it. Also, follow Annita as she is not going too deep in the lunges and squats. This will help too. I have knee problems and no matter what the workout, I wear supports on both knees. I find that it really helps. Also, if they are hurting after a workout, elevate and ice them for a bit.
  • kiffypooh
    Options

It could definitely be your form. Do them slower at first to make sure you get it right. Then pick up the pace as you get use to it. Also, follow Annita as she is not going too deep in the lunges and squats. This will help too. I have knee problems and no matter what the workout, I wear supports on both knees. I find that it really helps. Also, if they are hurting after a workout, elevate and ice them for a bit.

Very good advice. My t highs have been killing me since the day after my first workout (never had this problem before but I guess I went with a little too much enthusiasm) so I've taken the past couple days really slow and realized a lot of things I was doing wrong. I was using momentum for a lot of the arm exercises and the over the knee thing with the side lunge with a biceps curl. I also realized I was using my shoulder blade to push myself up on crunches, that was new to me. My knees have not be bothering me as much since I've taken the past 2 days much slower and really concentrated on my form.
  • kiffypooh
    Options
    Level 1:
    Catherine - 5
    Fabiola - 1
    Catriona - L1-D2
    mindalyn- L1-D3
    Lyndsey - Level 1

Level 2:
    Bleux - 4
    Catriona - L2D1
  • p1nkpr1ncess
    p1nkpr1ncess Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Ooh I will join please! I'm on Day 7 and going strong! (apart from a damaged finger but still able to grip my weights haha!)

Level 1:
    Catherine - 5
    Fabiola - 1
    Catriona - L1-D2
    mindalyn- L1-D3
    Lyndsey - Level 1
    P1nkpr1ncess (Vicki) - L1-D7 (over halfway through L1! Woohoo!)

Level 2:
    Bleux - 4
    Catriona - L2D1

Glad that I've been introduced to this thread! I do get excited about doing my daily shred haha!
    -x-x-
  • Bleux
    Options
    Level 1:
    Catherine - 5
    Fabiola - 1
    Catriona - L1-D2
    mindalyn- L1-D3
    Lyndsey - Level 1

Level 2:
    Bleux - L2D5 ( I skipped yesterday... for no reason really, just lost the goove)
    Catriona - L2D1
  • chgraham
    chgraham Posts: 122
    Options
    Level 1:
    Catherine - 5
    Fabiola - 1
    Catriona - L1-D2
    mindalyn- L1-D3
    Lyndsey - Level 1

Level 2:
    Bleux - L2D5 ( I skipped yesterday... for no reason really, just lost the goove)
    Catriona - L2D2
  • booluviemomma
    Options
    Hey! I would like to join too! I started 30 DS on the first of May as well. Holy crap! So hard! But i finished day 6 this morning at level one, and I made it through every single exercise, rep for rep! It is still super hard and boy does it burn! But I am truly amazed at how big a difference there is just from day to day on making it through. Can't see any results yet, but I can feel them! This is my first 30 DS, and I am doing it along with Slim Fast, so I am hoping to see some results!
  • kiffypooh
    Options
    I totally flaked today. I meant to do it, the time I set aside didn't work out and just didn't do it. I think I'm coming down with a cold but I plan to move my rest day to today and will make up for it tomorrow. Kind of disappointed in myself. I've never been able to workout 6 days a week, always flake somehow, and is really looking forward to doing it for the month of May. It will still come down to 4 rest days this month I will just have to do 7 days next week. I will make this happen or Jillian may come out of the TV and kick my butt :laugh:
  • Bleux
    Options
    I totally flaked today. I meant to do it, the time I set aside didn't work out and just didn't do it. I think I'm coming down with a cold but I plan to move my rest day to today and will make up for it tomorrow. Kind of disappointed in myself. I've never been able to workout 6 days a week, always flake somehow, and is really looking forward to doing it for the month of May. It will still come down to 4 rest days this month I will just have to do 7 days next week. I will make this happen or Jillian may come out of the TV and kick my butt :laugh:

Rest days aren't necessarily bad... even more than one a week. Don't be too hard on yourself. I understand, cause I try to workout 6 days a week and don't always make it and feel down about it at the end of the week. But hitting 7 days a week isn't going to make up for it. You still need a rest day. Have a good weekend everyone.
  • mindalyn
    mindalyn Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Level 1:
    Catherine - 5
    Fabiola - 1
    Catriona - L1-D2
    mindalyn- L1-D4
    Lyndsey - Level 1

Level 2:
    Catriona - L2D2
  • p1nkpr1ncess
    Options
    Level 1:
    Catherine - 5
    Fabiola - 1
    Catriona - L1-D2
    mindalyn- L1-D4
    Lyndsey - Level 1
    P1nkpr1ncess (Vicki) - L1-D8 (excited about level 2!)

Level 2:
    Catriona - L2D2

So I did my Day 8 today and I'm really enjoying getting up before work to do my daily shred! I think this is something I could deffinately keep up! My thighs do still ache a little though - I'm not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing?! Do you other ladies still ache a bit?

To the ladies on Level 2 - is it a lot harder? I am kind of looking forwards to it!

Keep it up ladies!! You are all doing so well! :)
    -x-x-
  • chgraham
    chgraham Posts: 122
    Options
    Level 2 is not necessarily harder, as long as you like the "plank". It is a bit more intense.

I didn't sleep well last night and dragged my butt out of bed. Did not have the energy to do the workout this morning. I feel so bad, like I am letting myself down, but tomorrow is another day or maybe later tonight I will have the energy.
  • Bleux
    Options
    So I did my Day 8 today and I'm really enjoying getting up before work to do my daily shred! I think this is something I could deffinately keep up! My thighs do still ache a little though - I'm not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing?! Do you other ladies still ache a bit?

To the ladies on Level 2 - is it a lot harder? I am kind of looking forwards to it!

Keep it up ladies!! You are all doing so well! :)
    -x-x-

I would say that level two is a little harder. The cardio is a little more intense, not a lot, but a little. And shoulders are really worked in this one with lots of plank for cardio and abs as well as weights. But, to be honest, I like level 2 best.
  • mindalyn
    Options
    i missed the last two days, :( . i am going to try to make them up today
  • mindalyn
    Options
    also, i have a question. did you all lose weight when you first started? or inches? or what? i am almost done w/my 1st week & i haven't lost anything so far :( i'm kinda bummed to tell ya the truth
  • p1nkpr1ncess
    Options
    Today is the day of Level 2 Day 1!! I haven't done it yet as I had a terrible nights sleep and didn't have the motivation to do it this morning so I'm going to do it at lunch time when I finish work! I was glad to accomplish Day 10 of Level 1 yesterday though!

mindalyn - I have done my first 10 days and haven't lost anything weight-wise but I am close to my goal anyway so I'm just plodding on haha. What I have noticed though is that it has made a big difference to my muscle tone! My waist looks slimmer and my leg muscles are a lot more pronounced in appearance so it is deffinately doing good!

Try not to be too disheartened as it could be just the water retention from new types of exercise or just that you are gaining more lean muscle at the same time as losing fat - which wouldn't always show on the scales.

Keep it up ladies, we'll be shredded in no time! :)
    -x-x-
  • Bleux
    Options
    also, i have a question. did you all lose weight when you first started? or inches? or what? i am almost done w/my 1st week & i haven't lost anything so far :( i'm kinda bummed to tell ya the truth

I don't loose or gain weight, but I feel the difference in my muscles when I am doing shred regularly. Especially if I up my weights a couple days a week! Stick with it and see where it goes. Sometimes it takes more than just a week to see results from something. Give it two or three weeks before expecting too much.