Options
1235»

Replies

• BeinAwesome247
    BeinAwesome247 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Meh little pink weights
    marilyn monroe is overrated

You've missed the point. The point wasn't to say she is the best & strongest lifter.

I know those weights aren't very heavy, but I think these photos are a good start for those few girls who are deathly afraid of dumbbells or anything non-cardio. If I would've showed a fitness model, they would've started worrying about looking too muscular or wtv it is people say about fitness models. I myself don't get into the "Marilyn Monroe" thing but I know she is important & a role model for a lot of girls I know (especially when it comes to esteem/body issues). Marilyn would mean more than some fitness model.

It's possible Marilyn did lift more than that but was just told to pose with an empty bar (Since photo shoots take long & they probably didn't want her to sweat). In her pics, she has a good set of quads/calves!

And she does a lot of calf raises... I'm sure she put on more weight when doing it at home. If you look closely at some of the pics, you can see some extra plates in the background a few feet away!

I just had to quote this b/c it should be repeated
    Very well said
  • llmcconnell
    llmcconnell Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting :)
  • cald0nia
    cald0nia Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    bump
  • nana6799
    nana6799 Posts: 262
    Options
    I never knew this about Marilyn Monroe!!! Great pictures!! Thanks for sharing!
  • nancykabat
    nancykabat Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Great post! Thanks for the inspiration.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    Yay! thanks for the post. I personally am tired of being told Marilyn Monroe was overweight and fat. I would kill to be that fat, ya know. She was beautiful and should be used as motivation and not to encourage overweight women to not even try.
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    marilyn monroe is overrated

She was also mentally ill, most likely with borderline personality disorder. I don't find her to be an inspiration personally for many reasons. I'd much rather have Jennifer Anniston's body...and her hair. :-)
  • m1nd_body_spirit
    Options
    She is true inspiration! :heart:
  • walkerr1968
    Options
    This is an inspiring post!!