What's on your bookshelf at the moment?

Options

Replies

• meganepreston
    meganepreston Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I buy all my books at garage sales and they sit on my shelves for a long time, so I'm kind of sporadic and always out of date with what I'm reading.

Currently in the middle of each:
    Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury (lost it for a couple months, then found it cleaning!)
    Scarlett by Alexandra Ripley (sequel to Margaret Mitchell's Gone with the Wind- pretty light reading, and I already knew the characters, so I like this one a lot so far)
    Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert (About to finish this one tonight. Makes me excited for my travels this summer!)
    Nepal by Lonely Planet (to prepare for aforementioned travels)

Yay!
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I buy all my books at garage sales and they sit on my shelves for a long time, so I'm kind of sporadic and always out of date with what I'm reading.

Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury (lost it for a couple months, then found it cleaning!)
    Scarlett by Alexandra Ripley (sequel to Margaret Mitchell's Gone with the Wind- pretty light reading, and I already knew the characters, so I like this one a lot so far)
    Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert (About to finish this one tonight. Makes me excited for my travels this summer!)

Yay!

Absolutely loved Eat, Pray, Love...made me want to follow in her footsteps!
  • regosaki
    regosaki Posts: 265 Member
    Options

Yay!

I love Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury (I had a similar cleaning up experience with Homers the Odyssey. Lost presumably forever then one day whilst hoovering there it was down the side of the sofa!!!)

I really hope you have a great time on your travels!
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    So as the subject line suggests what is on your reading list at the moment?

Personally speaking I am midway through Moby **** by Herman Melville. but more excitedly my next book is Mary Shelley's 'Frankenstein'.....Can't wait to start it, what about you, what's on your reading list?

Did not care for Frankenstein by Shelley at all. I found Dracula rather tedious. Right now I am reading Dante's Inferno. Assigned college reading. :(
  • 20tulipgirl20
    Options
    The Executioner's Song and On Combat: The Psychology and Physiology of Deadly Conflict in War and in Peace
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    What's on my bookshelf? Knicknacks and dust bunnies. We read electronically these days.
  • jsidel126
    jsidel126 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Book Yourself Solid and Selling the Invisible...
  • regosaki
    Options
    So as the subject line suggests what is on your reading list at the moment?

Personally speaking I am midway through Moby **** by Herman Melville. but more excitedly my next book is Mary Shelley's 'Frankenstein'.....Can't wait to start it, what about you, what's on your reading list?

Did not care for Frankenstein by Shelley at all. I found Dracula rather tedious. Right now I am reading Dante's Inferno. Assigned college reading. :(

That's another one on my MUST READ list....If you don't mind me asking, what didn't you like about Shelley's Frankenstein or Stokers Dracula?
  • regosaki
    Options
    Book Yourself Solid and Selling the Invisible...

Would I be right in thinking they are self help books?
  • regosaki
    Options
    What's on my bookshelf? Knicknacks and dust bunnies. We read electronically these days.

I'm old school I love the feel and smell of the printed word.
  • regosaki
    Options
    The Executioner's Song and On Combat: The Psychology and Physiology of Deadly Conflict in War and in Peace

So I take it you like military matters or is this some reading for your studies?
  • neonemesis
    neonemesis Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    working through game of thrones before watching the series

next up ian irvines three worlds series from start to finish.
  • 20tulipgirl20
    Options

So I take it you like military matters or is this some reading for your studies?

More or less, I like to know of newer research with everything and having knowledge to back up my opinions and thoughts
  • regosaki
    Options

More or less, I like to know of newer research with everything and having knowledge to back up my opinions and thoughts

Visited the military museum here in Paris last week it is amazing to think that for hundreds of years human beings have been doing their up most to commit violent acts upon one another. All the ancient knights in armour stuff is OK as it goes but it doesn't really connect with us as modern people, but, when you get to the ww2 section, especially the collection of items taken from the death camps it really is quite thought provoking.

Anyway if you ever make it down this way I recommend it as a great day out (that sounds wrong, but it really is very interesting)
  • 20tulipgirl20
    Options

Visited the military museum here in Paris last week it is amazing to think that for hundreds of years human beings have been doing their up most to commit violent acts upon one another. All the ancient knights in armour stuff is OK as it goes but it doesn't really connect with us as modern people, but, when you get to the ww2 section, especially the collection of items taken from the death camps it really is quite thought provoking.

Anyway if you ever make it down this way I recommend it as a great day out (that sounds wrong, but it really is very interesting)

The museum sounds incredible!
  • totallydevious
    totallydevious Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Anyone on Goodreads.com or have the app?

Totally Devious on there. :)
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options

I'm old school I love the feel and smell of the printed word.

Same here. I'm currently wearing a shirt that has a bookshelf on it and says, "Books - No electricity required". :laugh:
  • nolarun93
    nolarun93 Posts: 56
    Options
    50 Shades of Grey ;)
  • aformeat34
    aformeat34 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Currently reading Jane Eyre and when I need a change I am reading Home Invasion by Johnstone.
  • Jenrosa28
    Jenrosa28 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Finished 50 Shades of Grey trilogy!!! ;)