What's on your bookshelf at the moment?

Options

Replies

• moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Naomi Wolfe "Vagina" (interest)
    a book on native land rights in Canada (work)
    Malcolm Gladwell "The Tipping Point" (both)
  • aznsdgrl
    aznsdgrl Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    What Would the Founding Fathers Do?
  • starfinale
    starfinale Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    currently reading Damned by Chuck Palahniuk
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    My Algebra text book. :grumble: :sad:
  • regosaki
    regosaki Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Finished 50 Shades of Grey trilogy!!! ;)

Doesn't really do anything for me, as it has a certain reputation to uphold, not a fan of that kind of thing....but when the film comes out!!!! lol
  • regosaki
    Options
    What's on my bookshelf? Knicknacks and dust bunnies. We read electronically these days.

I'm old school I love the feel and smell of the printed word.

Same here. I'm currently wearing a shirt that has a bookshelf on it and says, "Books - No electricity required". :laugh:

Where can I get one of those t shirts?
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    How clean is your house
  • regosaki
    Options
    How clean is your house

Mine is filthy atm as I am way to poorly sick to run around with the vacuum cleaner!
  • phillinnz
    phillinnz Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Reading Sixkill by Robert B Parker - wittily and relaxing sort of detective story.
  • BlackEyedPanda
    BlackEyedPanda Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I really, really like Jon Ronson's books. I think he is so funny and I like his "soft spoken" intelligence.

Right now I am reading a statistics book, a book on schizophrenia and a book on experimental design. That's not my usual reading list but I have exams coming up!
  • chipstickss
    Options
    Love this thread. Added another couple to my list, and remembered to add The Kite Runner (meant to ages ago)

Also just added a couple of Dexter books, love the series.

Don't get much time to read these days, have 2 babies under 2 so my 'sitting with a coffee and my kindle' time is limited.... lol.

50 Shades trilogy..... Urgh, just urgh! Don't get me started.... haha
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    Hank Wesselman, Starhawk, some Stephen King, JK Rowling of course (um, how could you possibly lose interest in Harry Potter?! those stories are magical, man!), Patti Smith, Kingsolver, hmm...lots more.

currently in the midst of "just kids". easy read, a bit slow. someone recommended to me "world war z", but i'm not big on zombies nor scary books. so, not sure i'll delve into that one..

i really want to get into george r.r. martin's books - specifically the game of thrones ones, of course.
  • WannaDizzolve
    WannaDizzolve Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Just finished, "Becoming Marie Antionette" by Juliet Grey. Finishing, "The Journal of Mrs. Pepys." by Sara George. Still wading through Antonia Frasier's, "Mary Queen of Scots."
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Options
    Listening to mockingjay (last hunger games book) when I workout. Listening to the wind up bird chronicle while cleaning and cooking and reading beside still waters (psalms 23 mystery book) while knitting. :)
  • regosaki
    Options
    Love this thread. Added another couple to my list, and remembered to add The Kite Runner (meant to ages ago)

Also just added a couple of Dexter books, love the series.

Don't get much time to read these days, have 2 babies under 2 so my 'sitting with a coffee and my kindle' time is limited.... lol.

50 Shades trilogy..... Urgh, just urgh! Don't get me started.... haha

It is a brilliant thread isn't it, in the last 24 hours, you wonderful WONDERFUL folks have added more books to my OOOOOOH I GOTTA READ THAT LIST than I could of ever dreamt of THANK YOU A BILLION TIMES OVER!!!
  • regosaki
    Options
    Hank Wesselman, Starhawk, some Stephen King, JK Rowling of course (um, how could you possibly lose interest in Harry Potter?! those stories are magical, man!), Patti Smith, Kingsolver, hmm...lots more.

currently in the midst of "just kids". easy read, a bit slow. someone recommended to me "world war z", but i'm not big on zombies nor scary books. so, not sure i'll delve into that one..

i really want to get into george r.r. martin's books - specifically the game of thrones ones, of course.

I always enjoyed a little Stephen King, he was like my guilty pleasure, as for JK Rowling well I was into Harry Potter until the book came out where Sirius Black dies (dunno which one it was 3 or 4) and I rushed out and began reading it like a madman to find out WHO dies, as I recall it was a secret, well about 100 pages in I got a phone call from one of my brothers, and all he said was "Sirius Black dies" and put the phone down, well that killed my love of the potter books, sorry but I couldn't carry on after that...

Lets keep this thread going. You good folks are inspirational, thank you for contributing so much!
  • Zeusmachine
    Options
    Books seems to be the answer here haha but joking aside what's on my bookshelf right now is protein drink half eaten rice and chicken banana and many books on bodybuilding and of course the bible
  • regosaki
    Options
    P.S Not one person thus far has mentioned the great Robert Rankin? So I shall....Robert Rankin books, especially his 'Brentford Trilogy' are superbly written and bizarre in the extreme and wickedly funny!...:laugh:
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Men's health, sports illustrated, and Playboy...
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    ^^^^ Same.

Just kidding.