Just kidding.

No you're not
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    ^^^^ Same.

Just kidding.

No you're not

You're right. Only, it's not Playboy. It's Jugs.
  • regosaki
    regosaki Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    ^^^^ Same.

Just kidding.

No you're not

You're right. Only, it's not Playboy. It's Jugs.

HAHAHAHA Jugs is such a classy name for a Jazz mag!
  • JonathonMars
    JonathonMars Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I mostly read contemporary American poetry.

Couple weeks ago ordered some new books. Been working on Jorie Graham's "The Dream of the Unified Field", her selected poems. Plan on reading "Red Doc>", which I also ordered--it's the followup to Anne Carson's novel-in-verse "Autobiography of Red", which I loved.

I also have been reading Men's Health and Men's Fitness a lot! They have really good recipes that I can actually do.
  • regosaki
    Options
    OK Returning to the original point of the post I can give you a definitive answer to what I shall be reading in the near future as my access to printed English Literature is limited (until I call in an emergency NATO book drop from England)

So at the moment I am midway through Moby D1ck by Herman Melville
    Next is Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
    Then the complete collection of Edgar Allan Poe's Short stories
    Followed by two books by John Paul Satre "Iron in the soul" and "The reprieve"
    then Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carrol
    The complete works of Hans Christian Anderson
    Cider with Rosie by Lawrie Lee
    and finally the New Machiavelli by HG Wells

After that I shall be frantically calling in a UK book drop from my collection back in the U.K.
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    My bookshelves are filled. I'm kind of a book collector.

Currently on my nighstand:
    Wool - Hugh Howey
    Game of Thrones - George R. R. Martin
    Year Zero - Rob Reid
    Bossy Pants - Tina Fey
  • regosaki
    Options
    My bookshelves are filled. I'm kind of a book collector.

Currently on my nighstand:
    Wool - Hugh Howey
    Game of Thrones - George R. R. Martin
    Year Zero - Rob Reid
    Bossy Pants - Tina Fey

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease send me some books!!!
  • deathbypretzel
    Options
    My bookshelves are overflowing. On my nightstand there's a tower of books that have slowly shoved my alarm clock and lamp onto the floor. The books on top are: 1984 by George Orwell, Brave New World by Aldous Huxley, Grass by Sheri S. Tepper (haven't started it yet), and Why I'm Afraid of Bees (probably one of the most ridiculous Goosebumps stories ever...lol! it's for a friend....)
  • Tabby1216
    Tabby1216 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Anyone on Goodreads.com or have the app?

I do!
  • Tabby1216
    Options
    I am currently reading Placebo by Steven James...I am not too impressed.

Next up is Beautiful *kitten* by Christina Lauren.
  • Tabby1216
    Options
    For those of you who have read the 50 Shades series, have you read the Bared to You series?
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    All Jack Reacher books by lee child. First Blood, First Blood part 2, and creepers by David Morrell. The Book of Awesome!
  • leantool
    leantool Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    course books 12hr/day on off days and Miss Marple mysteries at times!
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I'm .... in the middle of reading "Blow Him Away: How To Give Him Mind-blowing Oral Sex" by Marcy Michaels.....

Do you ever seem to get unwarranted attention from men when you're in the bookstore?
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    For those of you who have read the 50 Shades series, have you read the Bared to You series?

Yes! Awesome series :love:

Getting ready to start Light in the Shadows
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Same here. I'm currently wearing a shirt that has a bookshelf on it and says, "Books - No electricity required". :laugh:

Where can I get one of those t shirts?

http://shirt.woot.com/offers/books-no-electricity-required
  • regosaki
    Options
    My bookshelves are overflowing. On my nightstand there's a tower of books that have slowly shoved my alarm clock and lamp onto the floor. The books on top are: 1984 by George Orwell, Brave New World by Aldous Huxley, Grass by Sheri S. Tepper (haven't started it yet), and Why I'm Afraid of Bees (probably one of the most ridiculous Goosebumps stories ever...lol! it's for a friend....)

I love the works of George Orwell, when I arrived here in Paris the first book I read was Down and out in London and Paris, a brilliant book really very accurate indeed. 1984 is a masterpiece I do hope you enjoy it.
  • regosaki
    Options
    Same here. I'm currently wearing a shirt that has a bookshelf on it and says, "Books - No electricity required". :laugh:

Where can I get one of those t shirts?

http://shirt.woot.com/offers/books-no-electricity-required

Thank you officially ordered! hehehehehe
  • regosaki
    Options
    I'm .... in the middle of reading "Blow Him Away: How To Give Him Mind-blowing Oral Sex" by Marcy Michaels.....

Do you ever seem to get unwarranted attention from men when you're in the bookstore?

LOL
  • islandbeez
    islandbeez Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Just finished, "Becoming Marie Antoinette" by Juliet Grey. Finishing, "The Journal of Mrs. Pepys." by Sara George. Still wading through Antonia Frasier's, "Mary Queen of Scots."

I have The Warrior Queens and The Wives of Henry VIII by Antonia Fraser in my TBR pile. I just finished The Red Queen by Phillipa Gregory and up next is Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel. I :heart: history and historical fiction!