WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2013

Options

Replies

• nanasorchid52
    Options
    Saturday morning again - where does the time go!

Trying to not leave it too long so that I don't get so behind! No not my derrière!

:smile: Swiss Kim - your positive attitude to skin cancer is inspirational !

Reallymary- :smile: yes always reward myself! It doesn't have to be a big thing! Breaking the weight down into stages is great. Making a chart with stickers for each 7lbs is motivational for me. Like a child I will do anything for a sticker! A book with healthy recipes inside and stickers on the front are a constant reminder of how far we have travelled. I use 7 lb because in the UK we break down weight into lbs and stones. 14 lbs = 1 stone . So if you weigh 9 stone 4 lbs that for you would be 130 lbs. I can only really relate to the UK system and have to convert! So every half a stone is CELEBRATED!

Lovebuttons :smile: congratulations on the weight loss a pound per week is the healthy way to do it - no apologising!

rjadams- :sad: sorry about your work situation . But I believe in Karma - what comes around goes around. One day she will receive what she gives out.

Laura - have fun at the meeting!:laugh:

:love: cityjanelondo - your post puts life into perspective! Hug to you! :heart:

Brookehe :smile: yes really lucky to have good shops with bra fitting available. My friend works in Marks and Spencer's. she always fits me. I don't get embarrassed at all - we have such fun - laughing at all the different fits! Cant remember all her advice but they include being able to get no more than two fingers under your straps at the shoulder and if it it's riding up at the back too big.

Re my daughter she is an inspiration to me. Three young children, running half marathons, a healthy cook and a super mum. My grandchildren are a credit to both my daughters. DD# 2 has also lossedher baby weight. We all swap clothes now!
    Planning my meals is crucial for me. If I don't I am dreadful!

Jmkmomm :laugh: So pleased you had such a wonderful holiday!

Tari - I am confused at which level you start with! I have been doing level 1 - impressed you are sticking with level 3, :laugh:

:smile: Lucy - have a good day - fingers crossed for the traffic .:flowerforyou:

Viv - good luck getting back on track! Everyday is a fresh start!:flowerforyou:

MA - I used to stitch and b...... too! :laugh: we made a heritage tapestry for the local church made up of local scenes and organisations. It was HUGE!

Kathryn - get well soon :flowerforyou:

Meg- :flowerforyou: you handled that work situation well! That sort of inherited stress you can do without! :flowerforyou:

Gardengail :flowerforyou: glad I am not the only one who talks to food! Mine answers back! And jumps into my hand Lol

Michelle - good idea about the shrug! :smile: sometimes in Catholic Churches in Spain you need to cover your head and shoulders. I carry a small shawl when I am a tourist! Reminds me when we went to Thailand my husband had to wear a sarong because trousers are not allowed in Temples. Also no toes are allowed to be seen or shoulders.

Jodios - you get that bra girl! Mine are so high now - my clothes look smaller!! A great NSV.:laugh:

Jmkmomm -:laugh: :laugh: love 36 long! :laugh: :laugh:

Oh well must get on - welcome to all the newbees!

Jo
    UK Wales
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies. Blue skies in London! Maybe I shouldn't speak too soon. Still cold but at least it's looking more cheerful.

I'm glad you ladies reminded me - I've just booked an appointment at Rigby and Peller to have a bra measure/fitting. It's only a minute away so I can pop round there before work next week. Their bras are so expensive, but I really think that as we age and gravity (amongst other things) takes it's toll, we just have to suck it up and pay more for 'foundation garments' - lol.

Time to get on with some work. Have a good weekend my lovely friends.

Love to all.
    Amanda x
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good morning beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

My youngest granddaughter will be here in a couple of hours:love: , the oldest is still sleeping, so I have a few minutes to be on the computer. We shopped for about 4 hours yesterday, up until the point I had gotten 2 blisters on my feet and just couldn`t walk anymore in my cute shoes:noway::sad: , my granddaughter told me sometimes we have to suffer for fashion:laugh: . such wisdom for a 12 year old:tongue: . She gots lots of new outfits and books and some crafts, and we bought the 6 year old many things too, she is already a little fashionista:laugh: .

I have so enjoyed reading the posts this morning, gotten some giggles out of all the bra talk:laugh: !!! And Gail, I, too love those vanishing edge panties, putting those lines on the bra strap is a fabulous idea!!!!

Have a wonderful Saturday friends!!!! Drink your water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: and log your food!!!

Hugs,
    DeeDee in NC where spring (I hope) has finally arrived!!!
  • ohiomomof2
    ohiomomof2 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Good morning, all! It’s been a crazy week and I have not had much time to read posts here. I’m going to just go back a couple of pages and then move forward.

Jodios – I commend you if you are able to bake cookies and only have 1 or 2! I have no willpower at all when it comes to warm cookies. Yum… Just read your post about packing up your parents’ condo; hugs to you, I know this is hard and am really feeling for you.

Liz – I’m truly sorry to hear about your sister.

Michele – I feel such pain in each of your posts about your son and my heart goes out to you. I hope and pray that the strain between you all lessens and that you can build a new relationship with him and his fiancé.

Robin – fingers crossed for you! I hope the interview leads to a better situation; you deserve it!

Donna – welcome! I don’t know anyone who grows daylilys but I think they are beautiful! You should be very proud of the progress you have made!

Lin – way to go! Such good news from the doctor makes all of your hard work worth it, doesn’t it?

Betsie – prayers and hugs to you.

Liz – I’m praying for your sister and for you.

Meg – I hope you are feeling better. I’m on the fence about vitamins as you are but I take them because I know that I don’t get what I need from my diet. I just take a multi-vitamin for women and leave it at that; no mega doses of this or that although I have friends who go that route.

Carol – glad you are over your “funk”; I struggle with the same thing periodically. We are often our own worst enemies, are we not? I’m proud of you for pulling yourself out of that and getting back on track.

DeeDee – wishing you a wonderful weekend with your DGDs and I hope your health is continuing to improve!

Allison– continued prayers that your DD will sort out her life in a way that is good for her and your DGD.

Barbie – safe travels and hope you have a great weekend!

Mary – I also had a bra fitting recently and “rewarded” myself with 3 new well-fitting bras.

Luvbuttons – congrats on the weight loss and I agree – we may not be totally happy with the pace but at least we are “directionally correct”!

Cityjane – congratulations on your new size; that’s a true NSV!

Jnkmmm – what a wonderful vacation you had; we did the same thing a few years back with my parents, siblings and their families and it was so much fun.

Jo – thanks for the explanation on slimming club. Sounds like a great environment and lucky you to have twice the reinforcement!

Kate – woo hoo for being able to find “normal jeans in a normal store”!!! I am in the same boat right now and the possibilities do multiply.

Kathy – sorry to hear you weren’t feeling well; hope you are better today. I’m inspired by your preplanning (and pre-eating) before meeting your DH at DQ. I try to do similar things in similar situations but am not always successful.

MA – I wish I could a)crochet and b)find a stitch and **** group. That reference made me LOL. I’ve tried knitting and crocheting but never got past the amateurish-looking phase and gave it up. Maybe I will try again for the same reasons you mention – it’s a great way to keep your hands occupied and away from the snacks PLUS you can create something useful and beautiful if you really know what you are doing. Thanks for the inspiration!

Renny – is there a Victoria Secret store near you? That’s where I went for my fitting. I find their bras to be expensive (my girls shop there a lot) so I only bought one there and then went to a local department store and bought the others.

Welcome to all of the new posters – this is a great forum and I hope you will get as much out of it as I do.

I’d better get moving as I have a long list of things to accomplish today. I hope you all have a fantastic weekend!

Sandy in central OH (where Spring is TRYING to break through)
  • gonzamm
    gonzamm Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MA_B
    MA_B Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Wow ladies .. just got to share - weigh in and not only did I lose 2lb but the scales said 199.6lb!!! Ok so it's only just under the dreaded 200 but it 's under!!! I'm really chuffed! To celebrate my daughter and I are just about to take the dogs on a long walk over our local Chase - 4+ miles here we come!

Do you realise, ladies, that this success is down to you and your inspiration and guidance! So thank you... MA in UK
  • ohiomomof2
    ohiomomof2 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Congralations to MA on passing the dreaded 200 mark! Love your idea of celebrating by taking a long walk.
  • LizPlus
    LizPlus Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi All;
    It is Saturday again:noway: ..is it just me or do you find the weeks fly by....maybe my age..no cannot be..the weather here is crazy..snow..rain..sun peeks out...then hides again..do you think they are playing tag your it??:huh:
    Been a hohum week..appointments here and there..hate it when that happens... I have got to plan this better.....

Sandy thank you...I swore I wouldn't watch another family member die by cancer...but I cannot.. not be there for her...looks like it is months she has left..will know more on her next appointment to the dr.

Ma, you have lost 199.6lbs..:drinker: Good for you..this deserves a new outfit....

I really hope you are all going to have a great wknd..get out enjoy yourselves if you can..I assume some has health issues..I have Fibro..CF..CP..OA..they interfere with a lot of things I would like to do..like go for a long walk in my neighborhood and see the sights...feel the wind on my face...but I don't need to have a pity party..there are others... like my sister... who has it so much worse:cry:
    Anyway I am going to go do a few things up and call my housework for today done...Blessings to All!!

Liz :flowerforyou:
  • mwheatcraft54
    mwheatcraft54 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Good morning, everyone. I'm not going to try to catch up right now - just popping by to say I hope everyone really finds something to enjoy this weekend. We had a lovely evening with my sister and a friend I haven't seen in a long time - and it was truly fun. We fired up the pizza oven, opened the patio, listened to the Phillies lose, then watched Life of Pi later in the evening. Lovely movie.

Today I'm off to the yard - no coming indoors at all. First I have to go to the store to get a few things - some concrete to fill in the holes from my garden fence that blew over in the hurricane last year, and some new fencing, then it's weed, prune and clean up.

Tomorrow I'm going to watch the Phillies in person . . . win or lose. It may be the last game DH is allowed to go to - it's beginning to look like he's the weak link. We were up 4 - 0 before he got home - within 5 minutes of his sitting down in front of the game, it was 4 - 5, and it just went downhill from there. Grr.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Cheers,

M.
  • LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Liz
    I'm sure your 5 k will be a success once over this bug you had to get you will go right back to your preps.
    But don't hit the pavement to hard. Baby steps you don't want to get sick again and not be able to do it.

Allison
    I have never had a bra fitting done always cheap junk. Well I have paid up to 30 dollars but I know they have the proper fitting bras for about 200 and up. But a nice fitting bra makes a women. What a nice to me from me gift for acheiving a certain goal that would be.

Deedee
    I hear you on not being able to keep up. It's hard just with the reading. Today i'm going to work at catching up do a few at a time and keep coming back.

Grandmaille
    Enjoy being home alone with your boys(dogs) I presume.
    Children god sent to us to worry about for the rest of our lives.

Kim
    Hubby sometimes get upset with me being on dietsssssssssssssss many times over and never reaching goal.
    For example last night made what I thought was a great supper. Meat patties, potatoes fried in the meat pan. Fried mushrooms and onion and peas. Made a salad. But forgot no didn't forget didn't make gravy. After saying your on a diet not me. He made his own gravy. Oh well ain't that to bad.

Barbie
    Enjoy your time away with friends hope the appointment goes well.

Mary
    I think Allison had the best reward going with the fitting bra. Expensive but we are worth every penny.

Barbara
    I like the positivety in your post. You will get it done.

Luvbuttons
    A lb a week is a great goal good luck.

I have more to do.
    Linda in Northern Ontario
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,795 Member
    Options
    morning lovely ladies,
    it is cold and windy here:grumble: the high will only get to 50,Oh well..My DH is still driving bless him 30 miles more of Georgia and then he will be in Florida..he wont get to our place till around 2 or so..
    I dont mind being alone with the dogs, but I just feel sorta lost, does that make any sense?I have alot to do today,am using Sparky(Chevy Volt) so not using any gas.. gotta save money where I can..Going to the consignment shop to drop stuff off and the thrift shop with a huge bag of stuff that I dont fit into anymore:bigsmile: even my workout pants(yoga) are getting saggy in the butt:wink: ..
    gonna wait for another 10 lbs or so before I go getting any new pants.. want to be able to get stuff that I can wear as I still lose..
    I see all these people at the gym going whole hog crazy and my body cant do that.. I am going along at my pace and still losing so thats what is working for me, I dont break a huge sweat which I probably should but I do alot. Will check in during the day and see how you lovely ladies are doing...
    ta ta for now:flowerforyou:
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,815 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Sounds like we are off to a great Saturday. It is already 52 outside here in GI, Nebraska and I am working 12 hours today so will not be out and enjoying it. Got a date tonight with my husband for a Danger football game (arena football).
    Never been so looking forward to that.

Congrates to MA_B on getting under 200. Way to go. I am hoping to get under 300 in the next couple weeks.

I really enjoy reading this site and hearing how well everyone is doing.
  • cooky56ny
    cooky56ny Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Good morning every one. I started this yesterday so I do want to post it. Real quick I just want to say I hope everyone has a Fantastic weekend, I’m so grateful to be here to wish you all that.
    I really need to find a polite way to tell my friend we need to explore other restaurants, or just not go any more, China buffet is not a good mate for me. So a reminder to myself and all my Vit.F gang, WATER WATER, WATER for the weekend. :drinker:
    I will be painting my foyer this weekend, I came home from work yesterday and emptied it out, and spackled up the dings here and there, on to sanding those spots and starting at the ceiling, my goal is to have it all done and put back together by early Sunday evening, so I can rest up a few hours before the new work week…crossing fingers. :huh:

Jo - Wow! You Rock ! Congratulations to both you and your Daughter! What an awesome prize to win!:happy:

Amanda – Wow! Your ring sounds Lovely! So happy to share your excitement and joy! :happy:

Jane – Scary stuff when Hospitals make errors! Praying for all of you!:flowerforyou:

Jackie in Cherry Hill – Thank you for the Bra info, good to know and It has prompted some great comments! :laugh:

Robin – Good luck with you interview! Which by the time of my now posting this, I may have to be asking how it went.:blushing:

DeeDee – I’m sure you will enjoy every second with your both your Beautiful Princess Granddaughters.:smooched:

Grandmallie – Oh so happy to hear of your Daughters decision! Still praying for her and your Dear Granddaughter.:bigsmile:

Linda in N Ontario – Thank you and Indeed we do need to move forward, which I finally have, no more funk for me! :noway:

Renny – Good luck in the 10K! You Rock! :drinker:
  • gonzamm
    gonzamm Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Congratulations MA_B in reaching under 200 lbs. That is one of my goals I set up to lose by end of this year .. looking for 199 lbs. I am taking it slow and easy. My prize when I reach this first goal is for my husband to carry me through the door of our house. I will be 20 lbs under when he met me for the first time. This will be his second attempt to carry through the door of our house. I am looking forward to it so I must stay on track; I have 45 pounds to go to reach this first goal. Then I will set another goal for myself to lose some more weight and be on my way to a healthier me. Thanks for listening.
  • wessecg
    wessecg Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Have to share a funny but totally frightening experience. I was attacked while sleeping and woke up screaming loud and long. I never knew I could scream like that. My husband had been having a dream that one of the children was being particularly annoying and he had reached out to grab them, instead he had grabbed me by the hair and that's when I started screaming. My 11 year old came running into the room with a small hammer (he was going to attack my assailant - so cute). I was really shook up because my brain couldn't register that I hadn't really been attacked. My poor husband tried to comfort me but there was no way I was letting him near me.

On another note, my husband has discovered that the amazing donuts I experienced yesterday are from a shop near his apartment building in the city. As he has to go there to repair a door today he has kindly offered to bring me a box of decadence back. I kindly declined.
  • jodios528
    jodios528 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Just had to share my good news: I finally broke 120 lb! :bigsmile: I can hardly believe I'm back in the teens - its been awhile. Although MFP only registers 7 lbs lost I've actually lost 15 because I didn't start MFP until I stalled out in the high 120's. I'm so happy and excited. I honestly didn't think I'd ever get down to the teens again.

I couldn't have done it without partnering up with my DH and joining MFP. There were so many times I was frustrated and thought about throwing in the towel, but you lovely group of ladies sent me encouragement and strength and it worked. I cannot thank you enough. A huge thank you to all of you! Only 2.8 pounds to go. Yippee!!!! Jodios:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • LucyT4dieting
    LucyT4dieting Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Well, my visit with DD didn't exactly go as planned. I checked out Olive Garden menu ahead of time and planned what I was going to order. When I got there and saw the menu, I ended up with something entirely different (how does that happen?). I ate two servings of the salad, a breadstick, some of the appetizer the older DGS ordered, had a glass of wine and ate the entire order of Stuffed Chicken Marsala.:embarassed: The 5 year old was behaving badly which made the dinner much more stressful. Something weird was going on with my car. The "open door" light was on even though we slammed all the doors shut, and I couldn't lock the doors with the remote. The lights stayed on too.:huh: On the drive back to my DD's house a warning beep sounded whenever I stopped for a light and started again. Turns out the 5 year old:devil: (we'll just call him the "Master of Disaster" for this story) pulled a wire meant to adjust the back seat belts and it was covering the door sensor so even though the doors were shut, the car sensed them as open. Once we figured it out and fixed the problem, all was OK. I was so tired by the time I got home that I started to watch TV and fell asleep on the couch.:yawn: Didn't wake up until 3:30am, so couldn't record my dinner (not such a bad thing lol). This morning I discovered that my pedometer is missing.:sad: Guess I lost it somewhere last night and it could be anywhere. I called my DD to see if she could look for it where my car was parked at her house, but it could also be where we parked at the restaurant. DD is crazy this morning as this is the morning she moves, so she hasn't gotten back to me yet. Oh well, today is another day, right? I guess I could call the restaurant later to see if anyone turned it in, but something tells me I won't get it back.:mad: Hope everyone else is having a better day....sigh!:ohwell:

Hugs,
    Lucy in DE.:frown:
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Kate in snowy Alberta: Your shopping trip to a regular store is a wonderful NSV in my book. Congratulations!:bigsmile:

Viv in York UK: I make myself enter each thing I eat as I go along. It seems to help me make better choices. I ask myself, do I want to log this? If I’m snack hungry I find something to eat with lower calories that I’m willing to post. I’m growing very fond of celery because it is free, but I also have 5 almonds or one piece of 72% cocoa dark chocolate, or a pickle or....:wink:

MA in UK: I love to knit and crochet, but I have given myself an injury by over doing it. The 4th finger on my right hand now has a bad knuckle joint. It swells, it is sore, and it sometimes sticks. :grumble: DH calls it “trigger finger.” Advice welcome.:flowerforyou:

Renny: I’ll bet you could find an expert fitter in Victoria. I’ve already mentioned that I think of it as the magic kingdom.:heart: I don’t know how far you live from there, though.:flowerforyou:

Meg in Omaha: As a supervisor, you rock. :flowerforyou: You were right to call the adjunct faculty’s bluff. If your nursing school starts sending out lazy, rude, or irritating students it will be hard for future students to get hired and everything goes down hill.:flowerforyou:

Gardengail: You did good in the Reece’s Peanut Butter battle. They are one of my big weaknesses. I don’t know if I’ve ever managed to get any all the way home from the store. I have to fight my battle against them in the check out line every time I shop.:blushing:

MA in UK: Congratulations on entering onederland! It is one of those most memorable victories. This group helped me get there, too, BUT you did the work.:flowerforyou:

M: Your poor DH getting the blame for the Phillies less than victorious performance inspires some sympathy. I’m not much of a baseball fan due to the scratching of personal parts and cud spitting. :noway: I do enjoy peewee and little league. :bigsmile: Have a great weekend.:flowerforyou:

Linda In N Ontario: Good for you letting your DH make his own gravy.:bigsmile:

Gonzamm: Nice to meet you. Love the prize for success that you’re looking forward to. Where are you from?:smile:

wessecg: What an frightening experience for you. Does your husband often have dreams that include action? I’m guessing it was upsetting for him, too.:flowerforyou:

Jodios: Congratulations!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Lucy in DE: Oh my, it sounds like your day was beyond frustrating. I’m glad you figured out what was going on with the car.:flowerforyou:

We are planning to go to Portland Saturday Market this morning. I’m looking for the craftsman who made my billfold years ago because I want another. I’m hoping he’s there and it isn’t as crowded as it was the last time we were there. It is sunny here right this minute. I hope we’re able to stay dry.

Katla in NW Oregon
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,342 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. Lovely sunshine in the South of England today. My husband is at football and I always find it really hard to keep out of the fridge. It's as if him going out is a signal for me to eat! I haven't been too bad yet as I made myself some low fat hummus and have only had a tiny square of cheese. Cheese is my downfall.
    I am going to make some slimming veg soup for supper which he can have when he gets back in at 21.30. He has to drive back from London. Hope I haven't blown it by then. But even two bowls of soup will be ok.
    I should get out into the garden, but really only enjoy it when he is around to do the gardening with me. I think I am just a tiny bit agoraphobic. Not in the city, but we live in the countryside now.
    Threw out more old rags today and I fit into all my old clothes. One I found in the cupboard I have not even worn as I must have grown out of it before I wore it. It had the ticket still on it and it's really nice. I can fit into my bras, but still don't like wearing them. I am currently wearing a sort of stretchy vest that holds me up a bit.
    I THINK I can see a tiny bit of difference in my face from the face exercises. I've only been doing them a week so it's early days but the lines from nose to mouth seem to be less severe. I would love to diminish them and my turkey wattle. I will keep you posted on my progress!
    I have also started doing light weights to try to tone up my arms, especially the one that has to wear an elastic sleeve for the lymphodema. Found some exercises on the internet. I am convinced of the potency of exercises after I visited a physio about my terrible knees and she gave me exercises to correct them. I had one leg so weak that I had to pick it up to put it in the car! The exercises cured all that and the knees are miles better. I never would have believed that a few exercises, regularly done, could make so much difference! Now I'm a convert and have cured my swollen ankles and weak arches. I might be able to buy some pretty shoes soon. Hence the face exercises - why shouldn't they work? Pelvic floor ones worked also- no more stress incontinence.
    I do most of these watching the television or when I'm cooking so they don't take up any time. Balancing exercises are very important at our older age so I spend a bit of time standing on one leg!
    Sorry to go on, but I'm a bit like the newly converted, want to spread the word of what it's done for me and I try to keep quiet in the normal world as some people don't like to be reminded that they are not doing themselves any favours. Anyone who is genuinely interested I will share with, but I have seen that look on peoples faces if I go on about my weight loss so far. The big ones don't want to hear it I'm afraid and think there must be some miracle solution out there that they just haven't heard of yet. Cranky diets I have heard so many times and it never lasts and it never works long term.
    Let us just keep on keeping on. Little by little. We know how good every hard won pound feels
    Love to all of you.
  • brookehe
    brookehe Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Jodios – I know that revisiting the past through our family’s “things” can be emotionally draining, hoping that most of the memories are sweet! Glad the closing is right around the corner so you can move forward without that hanging over you! Also, happy “teens” :flowerforyou:

Jo in Wales – You shared a great tip for when traveling, carrying a shawl (and a scarf) is a great insurance policy for a variety of situations. I’ve not yet been somewhere that bare toes were an issue, in that case would socks and sandals (I know, ugh!) suffice or would closed-toe shoes be called for? Need to know if I should add socks to my back-up travel arsenal

Amanda – In your new profile picture, is that you up front in the black?? Enjoy your (cold) sunshine today!

DeeDee – “suffer for fashion” Out of the mouths of babes, no?? :laugh:

MA in UK – Congratulations, welcome to “Onederland”. You deserve credit too, don’t forget it. You’re the one doing the work, we’re just cheering you along

Liz – Blessings to you and your sister on this journey. I, for one, don’t believe in any “timeline” given by so-called professionals in medicine. Enjoying each day as it happens is, I think, the best prescription for each and every one of us

M. – Go Phillies!!!!! Have fun :drinker:

Linda in NoOntario – Wow, after frying that food (for him, I presume) he still had the nerve to complain? If he can make his own gravy, maybe he can make his whole meal? :grumble: :laugh:

Grandmallie – So great for you that you are getting rid of that which no longer fits (yay for saggy-butt yoga pants!!!!!). And good for you, too, that you know to go at your own pace at the gym, doing that will keep you going back (and losing) :happy:

Vickil57 – Have a great time with DH at the football game! :drinker:

Carol – Great project, I’m sure your foyer will look amazing when you’re done with it. As for the China Buffet, if they’re true friends, they’ll honor your desire to eat healthfully so do speak up! :happy:

Gonzamm – That’s wonderful that you’ve set specific goals for your ongoing progress! You can do this

Wessecg – Whoa, quite a dream!!!! I’m actually glad you shared the experience, since I’ve had a similar one and thought I was the only person in the world :bigsmile: Good for you for declining the decadent donuts (and shame on DH for offering to bring some home :noway: )

Lucy – Bummer about your pedometer, hoping you manage to find it! Hope your daughter’s move goes smoothly. Today is a new day, hope you enjoy it :flowerforyou:

Brooke from Colorado
    (who lost 3.4 lbs since her last weigh-in) :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: