Post Easter Scale Horror - Fess Up

Options

Replies

• mmmartje
    mmmartje Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Just curious, do you guys celebrate just one day of easter? I'm having my easter blow-out today and will expect to gain some but to get right back on track tomorrow. I was reasonably good yesterday but I'm not logging at all today but already had over a dozen chocolate eggs and 4 slices of stollen. So yeaaah, I won't be losing any fat today ;)
  • HappyElizabeth
    HappyElizabeth Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Up 2 pounds today, which is scary, because I didn't go too overboard yesterday (probably went over by around 300 calories - it's hard to be log exact food/nutritional amounts at family events) . Probably lots of sodium and foods that don't want to move through my system. Today I will try and sweat, walk, and drink plenty of water.
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I didnt go over on my calories but lots of sodium! I am up 2lbs from my weigh in on Friday. I know its sodium and it will be gone soon!
  • bpwparents
    bpwparents Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Yup, 4 lbs here also. Damn ham and it's salty goodness!!
  • missjojo31
    missjojo31 Posts: 150
    Options
    up 2 or 3 lbs, i forget :(
  • sylviatx
    sylviatx Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I am not gonna weigh in till Friday just cause Friday is my weigh in day.

But, man. I went over, bigtime. Today is a new day. I am gonna try hard not to beat myself up about it.
  • sylviatx
    sylviatx Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Cadbury mini eggs are the devil.
  • moseler
    moseler Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    For Easter, God blessed me with the stomach flu... so no honey baked ham or sweets for me... I'm down 4 lbs. but I know that isn't going to last long!
  • amyoliver85
    amyoliver85 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I, unfortunately, cannot even bother to weigh myself. Since I gain 4 pounds just by eating...well, anything...and it doesn't go away for several days, I have to just let it go. I did weigh myself this morning, and the scale said 160.9, which would be up 3.9 pounds, which is not even possible. So I am just not caring. I mean, I highly doubt I could possibly consume nearly 14,000 calories. I can barely eat 1500 on a regular day and not be sick to my stomach from overeating. So I'm going to just let it go.

Amy
  • Dragon67
    Dragon67 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Sweets - crisps & choccy for me yesterday... and takeaway curry ( but have the curry most Sundays) so over by about 500=600 cals..... to try and make I have only added 20% of my HRM cals today... will do this until I weigh in on Thursday.... Damn you salt - fingers feel like sausages today and up 1lb from yesterday morning.. Oh well... drink drink drink... eat better today -
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Sodium overload!! up 7 this morning!!!!! :( Working it today after work!
  • mrsjhcrabtree
    mrsjhcrabtree Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Over 608 cals. I won't even look at the scale as it would be depressing. Focused today!
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I haven't checked the scale. I don't weigh in again till Saturday. I know that whatever damage was done yesterday, I will have undone by then. :laugh:
  • Kelley528
    Kelley528 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Not weighing myself today. I weigh in every Saturday so I will do the same this week.

On Saturday I only went over by 79 calories. Easter Sunday I went over about 220 calories. Either way, those extra calories still dont put me at my maintenance level so I am not too worried about it. I am plan on leaving an extra 50 calories at the end of each night to make up for the 300 extra calories I ate this weekend. I have always wanted to test the theory people throw around on here that if you will still lose weight if your weekly calorie intake carries a certain deficit as opposed to your daily levels meeting the same mark. I guess I will see :ohwell:
  • czardastx
    czardastx Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    No gain. But I didn't do an Easter meal. Actually spent the day biking 40 miles and then running 3 miles. I was under my calories by quite a bit.
  • smiller212003
    smiller212003 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I ate the crap out of some brownies... other than that no candy or over the board junk food and i threw out all leftover sweets! I wouldnt dare weight myself and bring myself down after my awesome easter festivities! but workouts will be pushed hard this week! ;)

Viva la brownies!
  • mrsfoster102613
    mrsfoster102613 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Ate whatever I wanted and however much I wanted and weighed in about four pounds heavier this morning. More sad about the breakouts on my cheek, though. I normally limit processed foods, dairy, meat etc. but did no such thing this weekend. And my weight and skin are proof!

Good news is I do a fresh-squeezed juice detox the first week of every month, so hopefully it will get me back on track quickly and no more big splurges like that for quite some time!
  • MrsBozz1
    MrsBozz1 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Had Grandma's yummy cooking: ham, candied sweet potatoes :love: a roll, mash potatoes with butter and salt, broccoli and a slice of Fabulous cake. Under my calories - under my sodium (I did have my 12 glasses of water I always have I'm sure that helped) - weigh .2 less than yesterday morning. I had everything I wanted but didn't go crazy. I love this new life style! I'm proud of me! Good luck to everyone, wishing you the best!! :flowerforyou:
  • tnicmorris
    tnicmorris Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm actually down this week, but not because I was good on Easter. I was pretty reckless all weekend, but I didn't go over my calories because I had over 1,000 banked calories to use from the weekdays, so I think I evened out. Actually, I think I would've lost more but Saturday and Sunday put a stop to that.
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I only went over my TDEE by about 400 cals and sodium not to bad, so im gonna just avoid the scale and hope to see a 3-4 lb loss on Sunday!