Post Easter Scale Horror - Fess Up

Options

Replies

• action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Well, I stayed within my planned indulgence at 1800 calories. (Normally I'm at 1450.) I gained a pound since yesterday. HOWEVER, the cool thing is, that I actually completed the 40 hour fast before Easter services, so I'd dropped a 3.6 lbs between Friday and Sunday, so I guess that counts as down 2.6?
  • albertine58
    albertine58 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I was really surprised that I was only up 1.2 lbs! That much water weight is nothing- it'll probably be gone in 1-2 days. I was expecting much worse :)
    I was traveling and didn't track at all this weekend, but I was also sick so my appetite wasn't great. Still, I ate more carbs and cheese this weekend than I have eaten in a while, so I expected more water retention!
  • darthretahs22
    Options
    me and the family went to a buffet dinner at a french restuarant...needless to say I counted breakfast and then just quick added the rest of my calories. that plus being home is such a bad temptation cause as opposed to my generic college dorm with barely any food in it, my house is packed with food and snacks cause we are a family of 5. plus 8lbs on the scale and I knew it was coming. No matter though. Gonna get right back on track this coming week before going north for WRESTLEMANIA!!!! gonna be an awesome time.
  • melmckay99
    melmckay99 Posts: 358
    Options
    I'm up a few pounds but oh well. Over the weekend I had a lot of deliciously bad things like chocolate peanut butter ice cream, raspberry white chocolate cheesecake, ginger molasses cookies to name a few. I knew I was gonna be up after that :)
  • pkrichar
    pkrichar Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I was 52 calories over, that includes my workout calories. Salty food and little water had scale up two pounds. Wed. my official weigh in so we will see if it is truly water weight. Moving on.
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Lost 0.4 pounds!
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    im actually kind of happy that my scale is broken , have to wait till payday (tomorrow) to go get a new one :D i have a 1 day grace period..lol
  • kcaffee1
    kcaffee1 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    New scale on frieday, which demolished about 12 pounds of my loss (I'm willing to trust the new scale over the old because the old one gets moisture in it every time someone takes a shower - it's in the bathroom after all, new one is in my closet, where it will stay DRY) But, this morning I had actually lost 2. something pounds! Back on the right road, and just catching up with the old scale's weight loss.

Nothing special for dinner yesterday, but I did struggle to actually get my calories in.
  • squiggyflop
    squiggyflop Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I was a good girl. Which was EXTREMELY DIFFICULT because I was at work, and put in charge of organizing the easter candy section. Candy everywhere. Everywhere I tell you. It took every ounce of my self control not to buy the sugar free easter bunny (360 calories for one little bunny!). Then there were the candies that I was desperate to try, like the chocolate covered marshmallow eggs, the little cookie filled eggs, the ferrero rocher eggs, the lindt truffle eggs, and the milkyway eggs. There were egg dying kits everywhere that gave me intense cravings for hard boiled eggs by the dozen. There were cake decorating kits and cookie decorating kits that made me have such an intense desire that I tried not to even look in that aisle if I could help it. I was constantly discretely checking calories on things while I walked them to their correct shelf. It was awful. Truly.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    After reading this thread, I realized just how much of a change there has been in my thinking. Yesterday was just like a regular Sunday for me, except there were more people at church than usual, and I wore a brightly colored dress. I wasn't even thinking about this being an 'eating holiday'. I did buy a few treats for my son's Easter basket, and my hubby requested one of those nasty sweet Cadbury eggs, but other than that, food for the day wasn't a whole lot different than any other day. I made ham, which I do on a regular basis anyway, and I made fake mashed potatoes with Cauliflower, turnips, and parsnips, which I really enjoy. We didn't have a big family get together meal with tons of food like we do at Christmas and Thanksgiving, and for that I am very grateful, as those holidays did a real number on me back then.
    I guess I am finally outgrowing the need to celebrate an event with tons of fattening food. Cool. And I didn't have to feel the pains of regret on the scale this morning.
    **Not intending this post to be a bash against anyone who did overindulge, Just thinking out loud, really, about how different it was for me than it has been in the past years.

Just realized I should have made some deviled eggs yesterday. I think I will make them today.

So for those of you who did overindulge, just get back on track and the weight will come off quickly. This is life.:flowerforyou:
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Easter brunch buffet was not as good as last year, but I managed to do some damage anyway. Unlimited Mimosa's and lots of bacon! Scale says up almost 4 lbs, but I think at least 2 lbs of that is water in my now fat fingers alone! I was extra careful eating and did extra walking and burned lots of extra calories Friday and Saturday to try and offset Sunday a bit, but I will wait a few days to see what happens. I logged it all to the best of my ability, and only hit about double my usual calories, and tried to stick to the meats, fish and veggies, although the dessert table did call my name for a brownie......... Not worried, this is life and I'm figuring out how to deal with it!!

Edit: Actually went back and looked, I was only over (with guesstimates on what I ate) about 550 calores, which is a huge improvement over holiday eating in my previous life!! The long morning walk probably helped a bit too!:happy:
  • neilvv
    neilvv Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Sorry guy's but i'm gonna brag, i'm down 3.2 lbs, but i worked for it! I ran 140 miles last month amongst other things and did a Half marathon distance yesterday followed by a bleep test a few hours later.
  • MamaTop
    MamaTop Posts: 24
    Options
    I was super proud of myself .. only over 123 calories! WAY over on sodium :(

I wont weight in today .. that's just mean!

I typically over eat on holidays ... I was careful and only had 1 plate of food .. and even saved calories/room for homemade carrot cake!
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    It's so refreshing to see all these positive attitudes! Exactly what I was hoping for when I made this thread.

To all you heathens that lost weight, I am sorry you are going to hell :devil: but glad it will be in a smaller coffin!
    (Totally kidding about this :flowerforyou: )
  • niekkosgirl
    niekkosgirl Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm up four pounds!!! Yikes. That is incredibly frustrating since I had FINALLY popped down into the 150s and stayed there for a month. I have been trying since last summer to get out of the 160s... I started back at the gym this week, too, so I don't know if strength training had anything to do with it, or I'm just too hopeful, lol. I ate out quite a bit last week and the weekend was a caloric disaster, so that didn't help! Today is a new day, though and I'm off to the gym!
  • natmckn
    natmckn Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Ham, keilbasa, turkey, mashed potatoes and stuffing. Oh did I mention quiche lorraine and hashbrown casserole for brunch?! I feel so horribly bloated, but my weigh-in day isn't till Thursday so there's no point in viewing the damage until then. Back to the gym tonight to do some extra penance on that treadmill :)
  • lunabelle33
    Options
    I went up 1 pound for easter... its harder on me then I thought
  • niekkosgirl
    niekkosgirl Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    It's so refreshing to see all these positive attitudes! Exactly what I was hoping for when I made this thread.

To all you heathens that lost weight, I am sorry you are going to hell :devil: but glad it will be in a smaller coffin!
    (Totally kidding about this :flowerforyou: )

This. LOL!!! Well done, everyone who still lost!
  • jheads
    jheads Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm down .6 pounds but I had gained 3 pounds between last Thursday and yesterday. Damn cottage cheese salad was my big weakness but oh so good! I was amazed that I did not eat or even want any mashed potatoes or cheesy broccoli and rice. And it was my daughters birthday an I didn't even have a piece of cake!!! Hitting it hard this week!!!!
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Didn't weigh, but hopefully posting what i ate will be enough to put it behind me so I can focus on today!!

Didn't work out for the first time in probably 10 days or so, had pancakes, two bratwursts, 2 mini caramel eggs, lamb, THREE helpings of my Mom's insanely delicious and terribly bad for you cheesy creamy scalloped potatos, caesar salad, wine and two helpings of chocolate mousse. YIKES.