At what age do you draw the line on being a bridesmaid?

Options
odusgolp
odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
Do you have an age where you can't imagine being a bridesmaid in a full on, big puffy white dress, 250 guests, formal wedding? Have you ever said no to someone?

I hate to say it, but I have no desire to be in an attendant in a wedding again. Maybe if it was a small destination wedding type affair, but in a formal, church thing, I can't imagine taffeta, bouquets and up-do's anymore.

Replies

• odusgolp
    Options
    And yes, you can pretend it's a cat wedding.
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I don't like being in weddings at all, no matter what age I am lol
  • FireEngineRedHead
    FireEngineRedHead Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    My sister is getting married in October, her bridesmaids ages range from 9 - 54
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    It would really depend on who it was. I have a couple close friends and family I would do it for but that is about it. I would not do it for someone who is just trying to have even numbers.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m6i55eEMki1ra6g87o1_400.jpg
  • pandsmomCheryl
    pandsmomCheryl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    My sister is getting married April 20th, I'm the matron- of- honor at age 42. I'm not super thrilled about it but what can you do? If it wasn't my sister I'd take a pass, for sure. The dress is not super poofy thank goodness, but not fantabulous either...
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    When I turned 28 last year, I had to tell 3-4 brides NO.
  • Lib_B
    Lib_B Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    i would only do it now if it were a small wedding - no taffeta. :) unless my youngest sis, who is still single, decided she wanted the big wedding. then i would consider, but at this point, not so much - and i'm in my late 30's.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    CAT-DRESS.jpg

Seriously, no one looks good with a bow on their butt. No matter what age.
  • carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I really dislike being in weddings because of the expense. However, if one of my good friends was getting married and asked; I'd say yes. As a single person with no signs of marrying anytime soon, I'd hate for one of my good friends to tell me no because she thought she was too old to be in a wedding.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    You WILL be my personal attendant in my wedding if I choose to have something. Wrap your head around it now.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I don't think you are ever too old. But if you just don't want to do it, then you should just tell the bride that you would rather be a guest. Tell her you have a full-plate and you wouldn't be able to give her the attention she deserves. I don't think it's wrong to turn someone down for something like that.

Oh and...

21bvqs5.png
  • tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I've never been a bridesmaid in a big puffy white dress.

I was a bride in one once, though.
  • WickedZoey
    WickedZoey Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I would do it at any age.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    You WILL be my personal attendant in my wedding if I choose to have something. Wrap your head around it now.

Wait... I thought I was standing up in the wedding? Did you just demote me b*tch?? I agreed to yellow taffeta for you!!!!
  • SALSACHICA1
    SALSACHICA1 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Well... I have NEVER been asked!! Guess that is because in HS most my friends were boys.. and now... I have two best friends and both are not getting married any time soon!
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Steel wool = no bridesmaid.
  • SlickFootAnna
    SlickFootAnna Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Just do it.

And wear white lol...
  • odusgolp
    Options
    Steel wool = no bridesmaid.

I hate you.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options

Wait... I thought I was standing up in the wedding? Did you just demote me b*tch?? I agreed to yellow taffeta for you!!!!

I think we decided on orange??... and of course you can stand up with me. Just don't outshine me with your hooters.