am i fat?
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    am I protein?
  • andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    wow and we wonder why we have a teen suicide epidemic...theres plenty of idiots like you who think you are MFP doctors and know everything

:noway: SMH
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Considering the term fat and skinny is mostly relative... I cannot give you an answer. Are you happy or are you unhappy?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    more importantly though, why is this in food and nutrition?!?!?!?!?!
  • pollyineedtobeskinny
    Options
    I don't understand why anyone would create a forum like this? And I don't understand why people would comment telling her yes. Ask yourself the question and decide yourself. xx
  • prium01
    prium01 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    User deactivated....lol!!!
  • prium01
    prium01 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    am I protein?

:drinker:
  • harleygaljojo
    harleygaljojo Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Only you can answer that question. You're the only person who's opinion matters.
  • lsmsrbls
    lsmsrbls Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Those of you who are adults and are having fun at the expense of a clearly hurting child should be ashamed of yourselves.
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    She deactivated. :( I feel bad for her.
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Those of you who are adults and are having fun at the expense of a clearly hurting child should be ashamed of yourselves.

A 'clearly hurting child' .? Are you for real?
    And you know this because.......?
  • peachfigs
    Options

A 'clearly hurting child' .? Are you for real?
    And you know this because.......?

No one can truly know if they're a troll or a troubled teenager, but either way, the responses on this thread were pretty insensitive, especially with the knowledge that OP was possibly a naive 18 year old girl looking for support (albeit in the wrong way).
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

No one can truly know if they're a troll or a troubled teenager, but either way, the responses on this thread were pretty insensitive, especially with the knowledge that OP was possibly a naive 18 year old girl looking for support (albeit in the wrong way).

The answers were as gentle as could be. Several "Not fat, but thick". (Honestly tactful.) . A few "This is not a good question to ask a bunch of strangers." (It isn't.) One or two "It's not about what others think." (A good approach but obviously not what the OP was looking for, since she posed the question.)

Several people answered the question - directly and indirectly - and several others refused to answer at all.

I fail to see what other responses could have been given.
  • peachfigs
    Options

The answers were as gentle as could be. Several "Not fat, but thick". (Honestly tactful.) . A few "This is not a good question to ask a bunch of strangers." (It isn't.) One or two "It's not about what others think." (A good approach but obviously not what the OP was looking for, since she posed the question.)

Several people answered the question - directly and indirectly - and several others refused to answer at all.

I fail to see what other responses could have been given.

The sarcastic responses, or responses calling her a troll, weren't "gentle."

I agree that there were some tactful comments that answered her question well, and that OP wasn't necessarily doing the right thing asking such a question on here.
  • charliemarie923
    charliemarie923 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    more importantly though, why is this in food and nutrition?!?!?!?!?!

Thats what i thought
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

The sarcastic responses, or responses calling her a troll, weren't "gentle."

I agree that there were some tactful comments that answered her question well, and that OP wasn't necessarily doing the right thing asking such a question on here.

The troll comments were not gentle, no. But it's a genuine concern as it's an extremely loaded question. I myself question the intention of someone who asks a bunch of strangers that. The potential for an explosive thread is astronomical with a question like "Am I fat?" - and so it's something for others to be understandably nervous about. Nervous and in some way, indignant about.

One of the easiest ways to get a rise out of people on a weight loss board is to ask about being fat and then throw a tantrum no matter which way the comments roll in.

The OP did just that.