am i fat?

Options
12346»

Replies

• peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options

The sarcastic responses, or responses calling her a troll, weren't "gentle."

I agree that there were some tactful comments that answered her question well, and that OP wasn't necessarily doing the right thing asking such a question on here.

The troll comments were not gentle, no. But it's a genuine concern as it's an extremely loaded question. I myself question the intention of someone who asks a bunch of strangers that. The potential for an explosive thread is astronomical with a question like "Am I fat?" - and so it's something for others to be understandably nervous about. Nervous and in some way, indignant about.

One of the easiest ways to get a rise out of people on a weight loss board is to ask about being fat and then throw a tantrum no matter which way the comments roll in.

The OP did just that.

I agree. OP wasn't in the right, but really, she's just an 18 year old girl (or possibly younger).
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    To those who wonder how people could say the OP was a troll. The OP joined MFP on APRIL FOOL'S DAY at about 4 pm. In the 10 posts she made, her height (as given by her) varied from 5' 1" to 5' 2" tall. Her weight (again, as given by her) varied from 150 pounds to "almost 160".

Further statements:
    She said she just sat around smoking all day. Nothing else, just smoking.
    She said one of her goals here was to grow her hair out a lot.

Then she asked a ridiculously loaded question: "Am I fat?", took offense at most responses and rageflounced about 4 and a half hours after joining. On April Fools' Day. So yeah, it looked and smelled like a troll to me too.
  • Guisma
    Guisma Posts: 215
    Options
  • Guisma
    Guisma Posts: 215
    Options
    so even women don't know the correct response for this question?

No dear, you look beautiful and if you never lost any lbs you would still be beautiful. By the way the Red Sox beat the Yankees today. I had lasagna for dinner. North Korea is opening a new tourist location. I like turtles.
    :

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    as a former troll ..trust me it was a troll thread lol
  • RotterdamNL
    RotterdamNL Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Trolling is for losers, account of ts is deactivated btw.