5'9" ladies......what is your goal weight

Options

Replies

• portofmorrow
    portofmorrow Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9.5". I started at 174lbs (my heaviest ever) a few months ago, now I am down to 155lbs. My goal weight is 140lbs.
    Right now I am a size 10. I hope to be a size 8 or 9.
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and 58 years old. In the top photo I was 232 (May 2012) and in the bottom photo I weighed 151 (May 2013). I met my original goal of 155 on Easter and am working on maintenance and firming up. I wear a size 10-12 pants and M-L top. My plan is to stay in a range from 145-155. I think that is comfortable for me as my life-clock is ticking and have plans that don't include spending all my free time at the gym.

May22012OneMonthInemail_zpsaad7416a.jpg

BeforeRune-mail_zps0f29fcf7.jpg
  • ammadove
    ammadove Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" and my current weight is 165 but I am on my way to 155. When I get there I will see how that looks/feels and re-evaluate at that time. I think it's a matter of personal preference.
  • JuliesZenpuppy7400
    JuliesZenpuppy7400 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" and have been reading a lot of people's responses and wow a lot of these numbers seem so low to me!!! My starting weight was 420 pounds so anything starting with a 1 in front of it is going to be awesome and I have set my goal weight at 190 but also hope to have skin removal surgery by the end of the year. For me when I think of "my weight" I have to take into consideration the weight of my excess skin. I will never be rid of all of it but if I hope to come out around 180 after surgery I think I will be happy with that.

At work the other day, one of the nurses was asking me about my weight loss and said, "Well, you weigh like 160, right?" Ahhhh, no, I'm currently 210!! Just shows the way we see ourselves and the way other people see us is completely different!!!! WOOOOT!!! I at least LOOK like I weigh 160!!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • cilu90
    cilu90 Posts: 31
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and I really dont know what I put for my goal weight, I think I threw out 155. I was 125-130 when I was married and could eat an entire pizza plus whatever else was lying around and was accused of being anorexic. After having kids and an underactive thyroid, those days have long since passed. I did do a protein diet once about 15 years ago with my husband where I got down to 145, but I looked skinny and boney on my limbs and still had a lot of chunk on my lower torso. And the carb cravings were overwhelming! I gained it all back plus some! I finally just decided to do portion control and start walking (i have always been a from scratch cook and ate pretty cleanly). Then three years ago my oldest daughter was diagnosed with celiacs and we started REALLY reading labels, cutting out most breads, pastas, and cereals, and just eating fewer carbs in general. Boom! Abdominal bulge almost gone. I still have portioning issues, so MFP has helped me tremendously just as a learning tool, but now I guess my main goal is to be healthy and lose a little more jiggle. I'm buying more from our local farmers markets and eating organic or home grown as much as possible, but I know not everyone is able to due to where they live. Thats just something important to me. I also get up earlier and have started jogging/ walking and can't believe how energizing that is! I'm at 165 and I guess I could lose 10 more pounds, but more important to me is how much nutrition I can get from what I put in my mouth and still close my eyes, sigh, and say "mmmmm, that tastes amazing". So maybe 155 is okay.
  • k900
    k900 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm close. I'm 5'8. My goal weight is 155. I'm pretty close to that now but I want to tone up allot more.
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I'm changing mine...
    I'm 5'9''.

I hit my goal weight of 155lbs, and I am happy with the way I look, but I'm going for 150lbs now.
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and 58 years old. In the top photo I was 232 (May 2012) and in the bottom photo I weighed 151 (May 2013). I met my original goal of 155 on Easter and am working on maintenance and firming up. I wear a size 10-12 pants and M-L top. My plan is to stay in a range from 145-155. I think that is comfortable for me as my life-clock is ticking and have plans that don't include spending all my free time at the gym.

May22012OneMonthInemail_zpsaad7416a.jpg

BeforeRune-mail_zps0f29fcf7.jpg

You are awesome! Look fantastic and I know you feel it too! Congrats!!
  • desertcrafty
    desertcrafty Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    im 5'10 and my ultimate goal weight is to be 105. im tall but I don't want to have muscle weight so I chose a low number.

105 is too low - is this a mistype?
  • inshapeundergrad
    Options
    I am just barely under 5'9" and I currently weigh around 142. My goal is 130-135. Last time I was at 130 it was somewhat hard to maintain, so I think I will probably stick to 135, since that is the weight at which I feel the best.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and have been maintaining at 125 for almost two years.
  • tbjohnson1
    tbjohnson1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and have been around 160 for the past 3 years. I would love to be around 145, but 160 seems to be what my body wants to stay at. I'm a size 6 in most things but have clothes that range from a 4 to an 8. Ive been reading where some of you weigh the same as me but are sized differently...It just goes to show you that everyone is different and we shouldn't base our goal weight on what everyone else thinks it should be. I guess maybe I am more toned? (I'm a runner) Who knows?
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and have been maintaining at 125 for almost two years.

You posted your low weight only a week ago in this thread, how many times do you need to repeat it ?
  • sed1217
    sed1217 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" and my ticker goal is set at 150.
  • FauxBoho
    FauxBoho Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and currently weigh 159 lbs. My end goal is 135 lbs :)
  • Rosiemac2
    Rosiemac2 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I used a different plan to lose the weight. I started at 213 and am now ranging between 157-162...I am using this plan for maintenance...I an 5'8" and am 47. I wear a size 6-8 and s/m tops. I have very broad shoulders. My measurements are 35/29/36 and have a dense bones. I would love to be at 155. I am working on building more muscle so I am not worried so much with what my weight is but more my measurements. My last body fat measurement was 28% and I was 52% hydrated. I want ot look healthy and fit:)
  • dragerk
    dragerk Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and at 165 right now and while my goal weight on here is 140, I'm going to get myself to 150 then start focusing on some heavy lifting. Even now I don't think I really care too much about the weight... I'm more focused on measurements! But its always nice to see that "Lost X lbs since her last check in!" status! :)
  • TallGlassOfQuirky
    TallGlassOfQuirky Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I'm an inch taller - 5'10" - but I love that you have a healthy goal.

At my lightest, I was 155-ish and that was a bit too thin for my body (large bone structure and plenty of lean muscle, so I had a tiny 26" waist and ribs that were more prominent than I would have liked). I am in the upper 160s now and am healthy at this weight, although I would ideally like to go down to the low-to-mid 160s but am fairly content with where I am.

For the record, I had a healthy body fat % and *looked* like I was healthy when I was 190. Body composition has a lot more to do with it than the scale.
  • diva099
    diva099 Posts: 42
    Options
    I'm 5"10 and my goal weight is 160. That will put me in the healthy range for my BMI and I will be happy with that. Just want to be healthy dont have a need to be super thin.
  • mhdozier1
    mhdozier1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Not sure what shape I am....but I have the butt and the legs, small waist and now my boobs are running on empty =(

That's me -- 5'8" & 170 right now, still over 30% bf, but I feel great. I want to get back to 155 at least, since I have low back/knee issues from years in the Army -- and that mid-150s zone seems to be the sweet spot for limiting discomfort without sacrificing too many curves. I haven't found a real solution for the chest, but I guess it's a fair trade for health overall. :wink:

I have a petite friend who panics if she weighs in at 100 lbs, and I occasionally struggle with that "fat" feeling around her -- then I remind myself how hideous I would look at 99 lbs and how uncomfortable she would be at 170 lbs... I'm glad to see so many on this thread who are mindful of how we are built individually! Great work, ladies!