5'9" ladies......what is your goal weight

Options

Replies

• katmea2011
    katmea2011 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    your taller and you know what you look like muscle weight heaverier as long as your healthy that whats matter and not skin and bone
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    My mom is 5'9 and weighs around 125-130 and is slim but that's natural for her. Maybe you could aim for that if you like the super slim look?
  • smirf1972
    smirf1972 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and looking to get down to at least 140, i have been that weight before and felt great. At the moment i'm 154.4, i was 168 before xmas and going up which is what inspired me to change, love MFP :happy:
  • purpleroxmysocks
    purpleroxmysocks Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    5'8.5" and I am currently 151. My goal is 140, I was 240 before. I am currently a size 6/8 and small to medium tops and 34DD. This weight is good for me and at 140 I will pretty much look the same I think just toned, I hope anyway!
  • digressions
    digressions Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10" and medium-large frame. Started at 256 just over a year ago. My initial goal weight was just to be under 200, "Ultimate Goal" was 175, as I remember last time I weighed that (a LONG time ago!) and felt very happy at that weight. I am now 178-179 and quite happy here - the only reason I kind of want to lose those last 3-4 pounds is just to prove I can do it, but I'd be perfectly happy just maintaining where I am. :) Currently I am wearing size 10-12 and more or less pleased with what I see in the mirror. I love the fact that as a taller woman, people always think I am at LEAST 20-30 pounds lighter than I actually am - had someone guess me at about 130 the other day! LOL Good luck reaching whatever your goal is, tall ladies! You can do it!
  • NSMustanggirl
    NSMustanggirl Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and I don't have a goal weight anymore - I'm just working on reshaping. That said, I've gone from about 170 to 130, a weight I've never seen in my adult life. If I stay this weight (or lose or gain) I'll be fine, as long as I keep getting stronger and lose a bit more BF. I always thought that I was a "bigger" girl and that I had a "large frame", but I'm starting to realize that I actually don't. It's very weird trying to readjust my mental image of myself. 150 sounds like a good goal; you can always readjust that once you see how it looks and feels :)

LOVE this! Feel the same way! I am 5'10 and started with a goal weight of 165. I've reached that and am working on 155... That said, I don't see myself stopping simply because I've reached that goal - Will continue working on shaping and toning.
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    135-140 I am about 180 now.
  • bethwindisch
    bethwindisch Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am 52 and weight just over 200. I've lost almost 30 pounds and my goal weight was 150 but I think I'll be happy with 160-170. Mostly I just want to feel better, both in terms of my health AND how I look and feel in my clothes.
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" with a large/heavy build and I was 260 at my heaviest and wore a size 22W....I currently am around 175 and wearing a size 8/10. My goal is to weigh just under 170. If I can go lower, I will allow it, but not likely gonna happen. I am happy with my body now, except for the flabby belly I have, but maybe in time it will go away. Who knows. I just started swimming again today for the season, and not sure how this will affect me...make me gain or lose? We will see... :)
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Sitting at 168 now and I think I'll go to 165 and then go into maintaining! I'm a comfortable 10 and a Med shirt! Started at 18 and XL or XXL! I'll take it!
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 10" -- goal is 170 but at 180 I'm going to get a body fat assessment so that I can see whether I should shift my goal.
  • taraboohanson
    taraboohanson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm about 19 years old standing at 5'8" (though many people say they think I'm taller now). I started at 158.5 and my goal is to get down to 135-140. Anything less than that and I feel like I would start looking sickly because of my wider ribcage.
  • hilaryhill
    hilaryhill Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Tracy!!!!!! :)

Im 5'9 also and Im 199 right now and my goal weight is 155 lbs. It's the weight I was at when I got married almost 7 yrs ago and just what I remember being for the longest time in college. If I get a little below that, I wont complain. My lowest I got when I was 18 was in high school on weight watchers, I got to 142 lbs. I was smokin' but it lasted maybe 2 weeks. LOL
  • trin5703
    trin5703 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    HIm 5'8... and I once had a doctor tell me that at 180 I was obese. He also stated he didnt think I could loose the weight and would forever be in his term... "fat" Being the obstinate woman that I am I decided to loose weight and show him!

1 year later at 140, when I returned to him for a minor cold, he informed me he would like to see me gain some weight. I was "too think and boarding on anorexic. I opened up on him with both barrels. Needless to say that doctor no longer has me as a patient.
    140 was hard to maintain, and to be honest, I didnt like the way I looked and felt. I found Im happiest about 160. I still have some nice curves, and the dress size hovers around a 10 or so.
  • hollyhomicide
    hollyhomicide Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    im 5'10 and my ultimate goal weight is to be 105. im tall but I don't want to have muscle weight so I chose a low number.
  • Shamekia52
    Options
    I stand at 5'10 and my first goal is to get down to 200lbs. I want to achieve this goal in a year or two and it can be done if I stay focus. Glad I joined myfitnesspal!!!!!!!!!!!
  • dstevens19
    dstevens19 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and my best adult weight has been 155. I started in January at 188; I'm 168 now. I'm 50 now, so the weight comes off so slowly. My plan is slow and steady, eating healthy and exercising.
  • tatd_820
    Options
    Tracy!!!!!! :)

Im 5'9 also and Im 199 right now and my goal weight is 155 lbs. It's the weight I was at when I got married almost 7 yrs ago and just what I remember being for the longest time in college. If I get a little below that, I wont complain. My lowest I got when I was 18 was in high school on weight watchers, I got to 142 lbs. I was smokin' but it lasted maybe 2 weeks. LOL

Hilary! Hey!!! I've lost a few more lbs since you've seen me last =) Yay! I see you're doing zumba and joined a gym. You'll get the weight off....I know you will!
  • tatd_820
    Options

140 was hard to maintain, and to be honest, I didnt like the way I looked and felt. I found Im happiest about 160. I still have some nice curves, and the dress size hovers around a 10 or so.

I'm thinking this! I'm happy at a 10. And I want to keep my shape. I don't want to struggle...still want to enjoy the food I eat.
  • v6s30
    v6s30 Posts: 43
    Options
    I'm 5ft8 and my current weight is 143... My goal is 130 :) I'm only 21 and have hardly any muscle.