People with children...

Options

Replies

• thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Do you not go insane.. For the people who really care ;)

You do, you just have to make time for yourself. Plus other people's kids are SUPER annoying. Your own...not so much. Unless they are arguing. Then they are super annoying.

Ohhhh.. Yeah I thought there's no way they're THIS bad if you think half the crap is cute right?? This makes sense..
  • SJ46
    SJ46 Posts: 407 Member
    Options

Of course we go insane sometimes, why do you think I spend so much time at the gym? :laugh:

Seriously.
  • Jen32285
    Jen32285 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I had sex. That's how my kids came into the world.
  • KristysLosing
    Options
    book1.jpg

Start there.

My mom has this book. Cute!! And gets the point across.
  • thecanface
    Options
    It's not easy but then I think about how grateful I am to be able to have them in my life. There has been a lot of sadness going around with people I know (like loss of a newborn straight after birth), children with cancer etc. It just makes me hold mine so much harder even if some days I'm on the verge of going to the loony bin :flowerforyou:

Oh geez, that's terrible! Will definitely be grateful for my babies... I just give 100% kudos to good parent out there who can get through the tired days with out breaking down. Go y'all! High five!! And I sure hope I have the patience to smile and say okay you're cute, and that won't last forever :)
  • thecanface
    Options
    I had sex. That's how my kids came into the world.

WHAT?!?!???
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options

You do, you just have to make time for yourself. Plus other people's kids are SUPER annoying. Your own...not so much. Unless they are arguing. Then they are super annoying.

Ohhhh.. Yeah I thought there's no way they're THIS bad if you think half the crap is cute right?? This makes sense..

No matter how foul my mood may be, no matter how angry I am or sad, depressed or whatever, never is there a time that my little girls don't manage to put a smile on my face. Of course sometimes I am forced to hide the smile during times that they are in trouble and I need them to know I am serious, but they just bring me more joy and happiness than they do insanity.
  • thecanface
    Options

Of course we go insane sometimes, why do you think I spend so much time at the gym? :laugh:

Seriously.

Haha I believe you!! I heard co workers say they couldn't wait to go to work everyday to get away from it all! That kind of made me sad/scared and also worked as the best birth control EVAR.
  • thecanface
    Options

No matter how foul my mood may be, no matter how angry I am or sad, depressed or whatever, never is there a time that my little girls don't manage to put a smile on my face. Of course sometimes I am forced to hide the smile during times that they are in trouble and I need them to know I am serious, but they just bring me more joy and happiness than they do insanity.

Awwww!! This is sweeet!
  • thecanface
    Options
    Seriously???? Leaving now, what a waste of time!

second that

I third this!! These two comments are a complete waste of time :(
  • Ladyslippers
    Ladyslippers Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    My 9yo pissed me off so much that I kicked a chair and broke my big toe. It was split-second choice between kicking the chair and throwing him across the room (he's small, but 60+ lbs. so that would have been difficult) and although I ended up stuck in an orthopedic boot for 2 months, it was the better choice of the two. An even better choice would have been to go outside and run and scream, or jump on the elliptical and kick butt, but the chair was right there...I hugged him before putting my foot up on a pillow with an ice pack on top.

They can push every button you have and then some...but the love you have for them...there is no way to describe the unconditional love you have for your own children no matter how much they drive you crazy. They make everything worth it.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    How?

Ear plugs, a basement with a lock, and a *kitten* ton of alcohol. I prefer tequilla, beer, or my new favorite, cake vodka. :smile:

I have 4. They do make me crazy, but at the end of the day, how crazy they make me really isn't all THAT bad. They make me laugh more than they make me cry....most days :smile:
  • SJ46
    Options
    They can push every button you have and then some...but the love you have for them...there is no way to describe the unconditional love you have for your own children no matter how much they drive you crazy. They make everything worth it.

:drinker: This. Exactly. :drinker:
  • thecanface
    Options

:drinker: This. Exactly. :drinker:

I guess I'll never know until I experience it myself! But I do appreciate all of the clarity.. Cause geeeeZ kids are loud! :p
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    See? Some of us are honest. It's not an easy job and all the "see my always smiley clean faced happy perfect children who make perfect cupcakes" bloggers lie.

Working out. And also wine.:drinker:

But nothing is better than the love you have for your children, and the love they have for you!:heart:
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    How?

How did I have children? My husband and I had sex A LOT with no birth control (I'm Catholic). No seriously like bunnies. Really.

How do you take care of them? Work really hard. Go really fast. Don't stop moving. Always put them first.

How do you spend time on MFP when you have children? When they're napping, having free play, or tucked in for the night.

How do you lose weight when you're taking care of your children? Play with them more. a lot more. Don't be a bottom feeder. If they don't finish it throw it away or save it for them. Count your calories. Drink more coffee so that you'll have energy to workout after you've worked a full day, cleaned the house, cooked the meals, done the laundry, packed the lunches, ran the errands, played candy land more than you ever wanted too, read stories, gave baths, answered every question they asked starting with the word why, and then tucked them in to their little beds by yourself because that husband is long gone and never coming back! <-- oh wait that's me!

I hope that answered it for you!

Good luck:flowerforyou:

This... but seriously, if it's a serious question (most seem to think it's not) try google the the Temperature method. Women takes own temp every morning before rising and records + a few other things and you can work out when ovulation is happening. This is the best time doing to.

Well my nieces had me wanting to cry, from the screaming and me being tired... They were only here for a lil over and hour so I found myself asking HOW ??? How do parents do it?? Everyday?? Alllllll day??? I'm sure I just don't have the patience, and they're not my own, but still.. How do you not end up crying In the corner every night???

I do cry in the corner every night. Most days, too. Actually, once they are in bed I stop crying and do a happy dance.

ETA: and I drink alcohol on the weekends. That helps, too.
  • SJ46
    Options

ETA: and I drink alcohol on the weekends. That helps, too.

Only on the weekends? You are missing out! :tongue:
  • Shannonk507
    Shannonk507 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I adopted 3 kids almost 6 years ago. While there are tough days, it is so rewarding. My current challenge is sorting out a workout schedule so that I can get in workout time and not lose family time. My current plan will be to work out in the morning before work and try to go to bed earlier the night before -- after the kids do and after things are prepped for my students for the next day. In the pure equation of it all -- exercise and working out with having kids to raise is quite simple. Either you do or you don't. It is the same for weight loss; calories burned is more than intake. In the big scheme of it all, it is not that simple and gets real when the reality meets the simple equation, life happens, and hakuna matata. It is what it is. I don't know the intent of your original question and (clearly) didn't ask. I just shared my 2 pennies.
  • carryingon
    carryingon Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    How?

How did I have children? My husband and I had sex A LOT with no birth control (I'm Catholic). No seriously like bunnies. Really.

How do you take care of them? Work really hard. Go really fast. Don't stop moving. Always put them first.

How do you spend time on MFP when you have children? When they're napping, having free play, or tucked in for the night.

How do you lose weight when you're taking care of your children? Play with them more. a lot more. Don't be a bottom feeder. If they don't finish it throw it away or save it for them. Count your calories. Drink more coffee so that you'll have energy to workout after you've worked a full day, cleaned the house, cooked the meals, done the laundry, packed the lunches, ran the errands, played candy land more than you ever wanted too, read stories, gave baths, answered every question they asked starting with the word why, and then tucked them in to their little beds by yourself because that husband is long gone and never coming back! <-- oh wait that's me!

I hope that answered it for you!

Good luck:flowerforyou:

This... but seriously, if it's a serious question (most seem to think it's not) try google the the Temperature method. Women takes own temp every morning before rising and records + a few other things and you can work out when ovulation is happening. This is the best time doing to.

Well my nieces had me wanting to cry, from the screaming and me being tired... They were only here for a lil over and hour so I found myself asking HOW ??? How do parents do it?? Everyday?? Alllllll day??? I'm sure I just don't have the patience, and they're not my own, but still.. How do you not end up crying In the corner every night???

Sometimes I do, but mostly I cry in the shower they can't hear me and their world stays safe and happy.
  • imkylensmom
    Options
    Perfect answer(s)!