• Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    book1.jpg

Start there.

This is seriously how I learned about it. :laugh:
  • imkylensmom
    Options
    Totally different when it's your own. You can always send them to their aunty's house when you need a break :-)
  • OneEyeUp
    OneEyeUp Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    When a man touches a woman he emits a pheromone which sinks into the woman's skin. If she is ovulating(producing eggs), the pheromone will "stick" to the egg, transferring its gaseous DNA into the egg. Thus a baby is conceived.

Moral of the story.... don't get frisky with women until you're married ;)
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    This pretty much sums it up

549095_624018287613065_302031131_n_zps04b56a8a.jpg
  • raychulj
    raychulj Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I dont know what your question is but..
    How I got my child: sex
    How I got in shape after my child? Weight lifting, breastfeeding,and watching what eat
    How I keep my sanity? I see a therapyst.
    How I sleep at night? She sleeps in my bed. I get 12 hrs a night since she was 2 months old.
    How My husband and I keep our sex life? There are better places to have sex than the bed.
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    I dont know what your question is but..
    How I got my child: sex
    How I got in shape after my child? Weight lifting, breastfeeding,and watching what eat
    How I keep my sanity? I see a therapyst.
    How I sleep at night? She sleeps in my bed. I get 12 hrs a night since she was 2 months old.
    How My husband and I keep our sex life? There are better places to have sex than the bed.

I might need all of these one day!! Thank you!!
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    They can push every button you have and then some...but the love you have for them...there is no way to describe the unconditional love you have for your own children no matter how much they drive you crazy. They make everything worth it.

:drinker: This. Exactly. :drinker:

I guess I'll never know until I experience it myself! But I do appreciate all of the clarity.. Cause geeeeZ kids are loud! :p

I have hyperacusis, which in a nutshell, means I hear too loudly. Regular volume can drive me insane. My kids are not always quiet. Somedays all I want to do is fill my ears with cake batter and stick my head in the oven.
  • thecanface
    Options
    How??????

Edit: The question should have been- how do you not break down when the kiddos get out of hand? watching my nieces and just needed some advice on how not go crazy. Sorry it wasn't clear at first.. i was sort of in a helpless/confused state at the time i posted this :ohwell:
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    How??????

Edit: The question should have been- how do you not break down when the kiddos get out of hand? watching my nieces and just needed some advice on how not go crazy. Sorry it wasn't clear at first.. i was sort of in a helpless/confused state at the time i posted this :ohwell:

It's too late to put this thread back on the rails :laugh:

Better just start a new one.
  • MrsBozz1
    MrsBozz1 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    How?

How did I have children? My husband and I had sex A LOT with no birth control (I'm Catholic). No seriously like bunnies. Really.

How do you take care of them? Work really hard. Go really fast. Don't stop moving. Always put them first.

How do you spend time on MFP when you have children? When they're napping, having free play, or tucked in for the night.

How do you lose weight when you're taking care of your children? Play with them more. a lot more. Don't be a bottom feeder. If they don't finish it throw it away or save it for them. Count your calories. Drink more coffee so that you'll have energy to workout after you've worked a full day, cleaned the house, cooked the meals, done the laundry, packed the lunches, ran the errands, played candy land more than you ever wanted too, read stories, gave baths, answered every question they asked starting with the word why, and then tucked them in to their little beds by yourself because that husband is long gone and never coming back! <-- oh wait that's me!

I hope that answered it for you!

Good luck:flowerforyou:

This... but seriously, if it's a serious question (most seem to think it's not) try google the the Temperature method. Women takes own temp every morning before rising and records + a few other things and you can work out when ovulation is happening. This is the best time doing to.

Well my nieces had me wanting to cry, from the screaming and me being tired... They were only here for a lil over and hour so I found myself asking HOW ??? How do parents do it?? Everyday?? Alllllll day??? I'm sure I just don't have the patience, and they're not my own, but still.. How do you not end up crying In the corner every night???

Kids don't have to be crazy!!! I have 3 and they are very well behaved! If you be consistent with teaching them how to act (from a young age) they don't have to be terrors! Kids are not hard to control they just need consistent guidelines. My kids are still kids, active, playful, silly but not out of control. They are obedient because that is what is expected of them and they are happy, content kids for it!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    should get rid of their children.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    How what? Do we need to start at conception and go from there?

Not sure what you want!
  • alishacupcake
    alishacupcake Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Well for me it involved alot of clomid, provera and blood testing and poking and prodding and one night on an air mattress.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Well my nieces had me wanting to cry, from the screaming and me being tired... They were only here for a lil over and hour so I found myself asking HOW ??? How do parents do it?? Everyday?? Alllllll day??? I'm sure I just don't have the patience, and they're not my own, but still.. How do you not end up crying In the corner every night???
    Sometimes you do end up crying in the corner. I tried not to do that very often.

Being a parent is a tough job, but it's not magic. I'm sure some personality traits are better-suited for it that others - and it's probably very different traits for different ages of kids.

Until they get older, kids are crazy, impulsive bundles of energy with few boundaries and nary a whiff of compassion. But they're funny and entertaining and you can make them do stuff you don't want to.

The mechanics aren't all that tough. If you can responsibly raise and train a dog, you can responsibly raise and train.. er.. develop a child. Some parents won't like to admit it, but there are a lot of similarities to child-rearing and responsible dog ownership.

Most of the emotional chaos around kids comes from two things: 1) the immense pressure we put on ourselves to be "good parents" (or caregivers) and 2) lack of sleep (or time/energy). Mix those together and it's easy to see why ending up in the corner crying isn't a surprise. If you can deal with those two things adequately, and don't mind loud noises, you can get through it.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    I just go to work. While I am there, the mail carrier comes to the house with a "Special Delivery." Next thing I know, my wife is pregnant again. I don't know what this "sex" thing everyone is talking about is.
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    How??????
    does one not strangle them. well, first of all they are fast and also there are laws against that strangling them in most states.

or did i read too much in to the question?
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I wish it was that easy, sigh.
  • thecanface
    Options
    Do you not go insane.. For the people who really care ;)

who says I haven't gone insane... and wasn't insane prior

and, my kids are awesome entertainment... as is my husband. with the comedy of errors that ensues, it's harder not to laugh than it is not to cry. last night it was "there is nothing in your crotch that will help you digest your food"... glad I was in the other room for that one and could laugh silently out of the minions viewing area

hehehehehe!!!
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options

Until they get older, kids are crazy, impulsive bundles of energy with few boundaries and nary a whiff of compassion. But they're funny and entertaining and you can make them do stuff you don't want to.

^^ Main reason I had kids - that an excuse to do the Harlem Shake