Help !!! How do I get rid of ""Belly Fat""

Options
I'm losing weight and losing inches everywhere but the belly. What can I do to help this area.

Replies

• leeanneowens
    leeanneowens Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce fat, it will come off where it likes but you could do some exercise to help tone up the area.
  • thecakelocker
    thecakelocker Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Just keep losing weight.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    You can't target a specific area for fat loss. It will come off where it likes. You just need to keep eating at a deficit. Try lifting too.
  • iamlaprell
    iamlaprell Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Personally I'm having the same issue in a way, but I will say that the most success I've had in my waist comes when I'm doing pilates regularly and lifting weights regularly. I lose more inches in my waist during the time that I do those on a daily basis.
  • sweetea2
    sweetea2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It comes off my belly quickly when I give up bread and other processed carbs like pasta, etc.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Bad new guys - you can't spot reduce. Your body will take the fat from where it wants, I'm the same - lost 3 inches off my waist but only 1 off my hips and none off my thighs. sad

All you can do is eat at a sensible deficit, do some cardio and if you can, lift heavy - squats and lunges are great for the bum and thighs - but...... won't make them smaller on their own.

If you're at a healthy BMI - you may want to consider some body re composition - trading fat for muscle. Lifting heavy will do that - but there is more too it than that. I suggest you ask in this group http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/10118-eat-train-progress They all have some great tailored advice for you.

^^^^ written about thighs, also applies to tummies :bigsmile:

Edit - lifting is great for your stomach as you have to keep your core tight try squats and deadlifts. Do an all body workout 3 x a week.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Cut out Carbs

Take fish oil, loads of water

LIFT
  • Iron_Feline
    Options
    Cut out Carbs

Take fish oil, loads of water

LIFT

No need to cut carbs if you enjoy them, a deficit will take care of that. I haven't cut carbs and I've lost 3 inches off my waist in two months, it's all about where your body wants to take the fat from first. You can't change that it's genetic.
  • daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Do crunches. Tons of them.
  • thebigcb
    Options
    i lost 17lbs in 5 and a half weeks cuting carbs and lifting
  • KristyHumphrey
    KristyHumphrey Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    good eating plan, and a mix of cardio and strength
  • Katrinadionne1808
    Options
    I am yet to see any major results but have just invested in a Polar FT7. It shows that when I am doing weights my body is burning more fat. i.e I can do a 30 minute kettlebell routine and 30 minutes on the cross trainer. I burn about the same amount of calories BUT I burn more fat doing the kettlebells. This is what I love about the FT7 and it has changed how I workout.

I also read yesterday that by doing weights your body will continue to burn fat even after the workout is over. So if you aren't doing weights then give them a try. I also found my 45 minute legs, bums, tum's class is also a great fat burner even though you don't particularly work up a sweat, it is burning that fat!
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Get rid of wheat. Seriously. It never hurts to give it a shot.
  • Laura42012
    Laura42012 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Lots of cardio!!
  • Iron_Feline
    Options
    Get rid of wheat. Seriously. It never hurts to give it a shot.

There is no need unless you actually have a problem with it - just eat at a calorie deficit and exercise.

i lost 17lbs in 5 and a half weeks cuting carbs and lifting

Because you reduced you calories and lifted, not because you cut carbs. If you had cut carbs and eaten at a surplus you would not have lost all that weight. (nice job thought :flowerforyou: )

If you want to cut carbs that's great - but it is the calorie deficit that makes you lose the weight - not the lack of carbs. If you like carbs and wheat there is no need to cut them out at all.
  • JulesAlloggio
    JulesAlloggio Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Key word...FAT

You need to cut back on your fats in order to have Abs =)
  • Iron_Feline
    Options
    Key word...FAT

You need to cut back on your fats in order to have Abs =)

Nooooo, you need to lose fat in order to have abs. Fat is needed by the body. Eating fat =/= make you fat.

Again

Calorie deficit + lifting + cardio = fat loss.
  • thebigcb
    Options
    Also, fish oil, green tea help, but only if you do the zero carbs, and lifting