Help !!! How do I get rid of ""Belly Fat""

Options

Replies

• Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Also, fish oil, green tea help, but only if you do the zero carbs, and lifting

Is you trolling?

hDE26353F

Zero carbs would mean no fruit or veg, not wonderfully healthy.
  • RosieStringer9
    RosieStringer9 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Abs are made in the kitchen... by walking away! lol... Honestly! The "cleaner" you eat, the lower your body fat percentage gets, the sooner you'll see abs. You can't spot reduce, unfortunately.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Also, fish oil, green tea help, but only if you do the zero carbs, and lifting

Is you trolling?

hDE26353F

Zero carbs would mean no fruit or veg, not wonderfully healthy.

Are you?

No fruit, get nuts, berries, water, loads of veg, lean meat. Lift, weight will fall off
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    OP, you're getting a lot of advice here. Some good, some bad.

Read the posts by newme1313. Disregard the rest.

Good luck!
  • Iron_Feline
    Options
    OP, you're getting a lot of advice here. Some good, some bad.

Read the posts by newme1313. Disregard the rest.

Good luck!

:flowerforyou:
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    cutting carbs is an easy way to lose weight without having to log everything you eat and obsess over calories. I've stopped counting calories and "try" to cut carbs..but enjoy splurges thorughout the week. And I am seeing more results than when i logged every bite and counted counted counted. This is so much better... and my stomach is shrinking.
  • Iron_Feline
    Options

Are you?

No fruit, get nuts, berries, water, loads of veg, lean meat. Lift, weight will fall off

Clearly I'm not. I'm offering sensible true advice.

you are saying eat zeros carbs, so I hate to be the one to break it to you but veg, nuts and berries - all have carbs.

For the last time.

Eat at a moderate deficit + cardio + lifting = fat loss.

No need to cut out any macro groups.
  • anniealedsm
    Options
    To be honest, I had a ton of belly fat until I cut out bread. I still have tons of carbs, like potatoes, but I don't eat bread. It was accident that I found this out. My chiropractor asked me to cut gluten to help control migraines. When I did this, not only did the migraines reduce considerably, so did my belly.
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    You can't really spot reduce but you could do some extra ab work to tone the area and I notice a difference in my belly fat if I keep away from white breads and even limiting pastas/whole grains. A lot of people disagree but I notice a difference in myself when I don't eat them too often. The Abs Diet book is a great resource on power foods that help with the belly fat.
  • thebigcb
    Options

Are you?

Clearly I'm not. I'm offering sensible true advice.

you are saying eat zeros carbs, so I hate to be the one to break it to you but veg, nuts and berries - all have carbs.

For the last time.

Do you promises? lol
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Cut out Carbs

Take fish oil, loads of water

LIFT

No need to cut carbs if you enjoy them, a deficit will take care of that. I haven't cut carbs and I've lost 3 inches off my waist in two months, it's all about where your body wants to take the fat from first. You can't change that it's genetic.

Sorry, I must respectfully disagree. I enjoy carbs as well, but they still land in the middle of my big, fat belly and big old butt. If enjoyment of carbs were all that was needed to get a flat belly, we would all be in for an easy time.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Get rid of wheat. Seriously. It never hurts to give it a shot.

There is no need unless you actually have a problem with it - just eat at a calorie deficit and exercise.

i lost 17lbs in 5 and a half weeks cuting carbs and lifting

Because you reduced you calories and lifted, not because you cut carbs. If you had cut carbs and eaten at a surplus you would not have lost all that weight. (nice job thought :flowerforyou: )

If you want to cut carbs that's great - but it is the calorie deficit that makes you lose the weight - not the lack of carbs. If you like carbs and wheat there is no need to cut them out at all.

Again, respectful disagreement here. A person often will not realize what the culprit is unless they experiment. If an experimental item turns out to be okay they can always add it back to their diet. I do not think it is a good idea to discorage people from exploring their dietary choices.
  • stephcampbell77
    Options
    Eat lean proteins and fresh fruits/veggies. Cut back on sodium, sugar and carb intake. People will disagree but try it for a while :)
  • slim422
    slim422 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    It comes off my belly quickly when I give up bread and other processed carbs like pasta, etc.

I've had a similar experience - I previously lost ~25lbs but kept a lot of my belly fat. Since mid Jan of this year I've lost almost 30lbs and my belly is melting away -that's the good news; however it's not for everyone. I have given up meat, dairy (with the exception of a very small amount each week), eat primarily gluten free and only eat whole wheat pasta about 1x per week. Absolutely no packaged/prepared food and never ever fast food.

I know it's very restrictive but I do have a day about 1 in 10 where I consume considerably more calories/fat/carbs etc. Despite being restrictive it's completely worth it as my belly and butt are truly melting. I was a size 18 jeans in Jan and today size 12. I do not ever restrict my calories under 1200 except on about 4-5 days since Jan and have only been exercising for 2 weeks. You cannot spot reduce as so many others have stated but you can eliminate the chemicals, fat, GMO's, hormones and all the other crap in our food to help our bodies not only normalize our weight but clean out a lot of other things that are not good for us as well.
  • holothuroidea
    holothuroidea Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Reduce your body fat percentage. You can't specifically take the fat off of your waist, but it will come off of there eventually.

So how to reduce your BF%? Eat a moderate calorie deficit, and lift heavy things 3x a week. Cardio 2-3 times a week couldn't hurt, either.

Basically, eat sensibly and work your *kitten* off.

About the conflicting advice on this thread, there's no need to cut out carbs or fat, they're both necessary for a balanced diet for most people. Some people are "sensitive" to carbs and they do better when the carbs are low, but it's a very bad idea to go zero carb without medical supervision. Good low carb diets still include fruits and vegetables. Absolutely do not let your fat go below 20% of your calories if you're on a deficit. There are essential fats that your body needs to function. These fats are major building blocks of your cells and they're as important as protein.

Some people do have gluten sensitivities that cause bloating, and that's where the advice to cut out wheat comes from. If you have other symptoms of gluten sensitivity, it could be worthwhile to cut out gluten for a while and see how you feel. However, you won't loose any fat, just bloat! If you're going the anti-bloat route I'd suggest looking to a low FODMAPs diet, too, if you regularly experience tummy troubles. But before you do any of that, reducing sodium and increasing water intake should get rid of some water weight.

And also thanks to newme1313 for shutting down that zero carb nonsense. I'm just going to be over here looking sideways at all the people who advocate eliminating fruit and veggies. -_-
  • thebigcb
    Options
    <
    picture doesn;t lie. 5 1/2 weeks, no bread, rice, pasta, potatoes (carbs)

No fruit, no coffee, no dairy.

Don;t believe me if you don;t want too
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options

<snip>

I'm offering sensible true advice.

<snip>

For the last time.

^ QFT

<<<- picture doesn't lie.

Ate bread, rice, pasta, potatoes, fruit, coffee, dairy.

Also chocolate.

And cake.

And beer.
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    If it's fat, the only way to do it is reducing overall body fat and it will eventually come off the belly. If it's bloat, cutting wheat/gluten can make a big difference in how you look/feel, so it might be worth a try.
  • Stephiestephs
    Stephiestephs Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I feel like bread pasta rice potatoes bloat me up, I have dropped that stuff to once a day if at all Mostly. I am still having trouble dropping weight, even though I cut that stuff back significantly.
  • Greta22L
    Greta22L Posts: 1
    Options
    You should make a "roll" from food membrane with red pepper or coffee