Help !!! How do I get rid of ""Belly Fat""

Options

Replies

• FranksRumHam
    FranksRumHam Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    No fruit, get nuts, berries, water, loads of veg, lean meat. Lift, weight will fall off

pssssst.
    berries are categorized as fruit.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I can never understand why so many people are so against moderation in anything. This is one wacky place!

Cutting almost all carbs does not equal moderation.

This is really, really ironic because most of the people saying "you don't have to restrict carbs so much" are very pro moderation.

I did NOT say to cut ALL carbs. Never have I EVER suggested that anyone cut ALL carbs.
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    You have to have a looooot of patience.
    Don't sabotage yourself by doing those ineffective diets.
    Eat at your BMR. On days you workout Eat at your BMR + at least half of the calories you burned.
    Abs are made in the kitchen - eat whole foods and avoid processed foods. Consume water - 8 cups give or take. I love tea and coffee. The only other liquid I consume is milk - vegan(oat, coconut, almond). Spread out your meals. 3 meals 2-3 snacks per day. Do cardio and strength train. It may take months or even a year. Depends where you are. Be patient and be positive.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    <
    picture doesn;t lie. 5 1/2 weeks, no bread, rice, pasta, potatoes (carbs)

No fruit, no coffee, no dairy.

Don;t believe me if you don;t want too

From your own profile:
    Today, the 7th Jan, I am starting a 6 week transforamtion programme from my local gym. Diet and exercise all mapped out, supplements bought, so if my diet calories look a bit low, high, onesided over the next few weeks, fear not.

and

I want to win this 6 week challenge, 500euro prize for the winner, but winning it will mean I have a achieve my goal

So attributing it to only reducing your carbs isn't exactly 100% true. You had a contest and a goal and you did whatever it took to reach that goal to win the contest. It wasn't just 5 1/2 weeks of no carbs and BAM! body made!
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    <
    picture doesn;t lie. 5 1/2 weeks, no bread, rice, pasta, potatoes (carbs)

No fruit, no coffee, no dairy.

Don;t believe me if you don;t want too

You look great. Congratulations. My mom and uncle lost loads of weight by reducing their carbs. Don't bother explaining yourself to people on these sites. You offered sound advice to the OP based on what has worked for you, and that is what the OP asked. We aren't all made the same, so we won't all lose weight the same. We aren't cookie cutter dieters. (Can I say "Cookie"?) :smile:

physics is physics. it's immutable.

our bodies do work the same. we may have different hair colors and eye colors and be different heights (etc.), but we are actually all essentially the same inside our skins.

you can't say something that is not correct and expect to get a pass just by following it up with, "we are all different."

you can lose fat and water on a low carb diet, provided you eat below your TDEE.

you can also lose fat on a high carb diet, provided you eat below your TDEE.

it's really frustrating to see so many people with such a limited understanding of basic science. the laws of physics apply to all of us the same way. weight loss is not voodoo or magic. it's simple science.
  • fluffykitsune
    fluffykitsune Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    The reality of it is, that most people can cut carbs while 'dieting' but it will not last in the long run. After depriving your body of carbs for months-- until you get to your goal weight or have a flat tummy.. and you try to add them back in, you will over indulge and you will not like the consequences.

Keep the carbs, watch your cals, eat what you want and have fun. :flowerforyou: The faster you try to lose it, the quicker it will come back.. slow & steady, my friend. If you're going to change something about your eating style, don't do it unless you're making a lifelong commitment to it.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Key word...FAT

You need to cut back on your fats in order to have Abs =)

Nooooo, you need to lose fat in order to have abs. Fat is needed by the body. Eating fat =/= make you fat.

Again

Calorie deficit + lifting + cardio = fat loss.

Um hello? I mean all bad fats..yes your body needs SOME fat....but BAD fats can go... its common sense

What fats are bad fats?
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Key word...FAT

Nooooo, you need to lose fat in order to have abs. Fat is needed by the body. Eating fat =/= make you fat.

Again

Um hello? I mean all bad fats..yes your body needs SOME fat....but BAD fats can go... its common sense

What fats are bad fats?

Trans fat is absolutely bad.
  • JulesAlloggio
    JulesAlloggio Posts: 480 Member
    Options
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Key word...FAT

Again

Transfat? Otherwise, what are you talking about? I dunno'
  • magerum
    Options

Better Homes & Gardens is your source?!?!

ScienceParty_zps67dff7a3.gif
  • JulesAlloggio
    JulesAlloggio Posts: 480 Member
    Options

Yep..and its a LOT better than taking YOUR advice
  • Sarahmeridith
    Sarahmeridith Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    reduce carbs, and keep counting and exercising, it will come off with time. My belly is the slowest place I loss, but it does come off slowly if you keep at it, its a pain and frusterating, just keep at it and you will get there
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    physics is physics. it's immutable.

our bodies do work the same. we may have different hair colors and eye colors and be different heights (etc.), but we are actually all essentially the same inside our skins.

you can't say something that is not correct and expect to get a pass just by following it up with, "we are all different."

you can lose fat and water on a low carb diet, provided you eat below your TDEE.

you can also lose fat on a high carb diet, provided you eat below your TDEE.

it's really frustrating to see so many people with such a limited understanding of basic science. the laws of physics apply to all of us the same way. weight loss is not voodoo or magic. it's simple science.

This is working well for me + lifting heavy weights. I am actually losing from my midsection more than everywhere else (although could be newbie gains, but who cares!!). Read all three New Rules books as well as Stronglifts and some other things, and have put together what I like and think will work for me. 3x/week lifting and no real cardio the past few weeks, still seeing happiness in my mirror!

ETA and I eat whatever the frack I like, carbs and all. Even wine with dinner (oh noes)
  • magerum
    Options

Yep..and its a LOT better than taking YOUR advice

Really? I haven't really offered any yet. Simple caloric deficit and strength training will get the results the OP is looking for. I don't see how vilifying food is helping.
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options

^ Saving for inevitable future forum woo.
  • KPopovski23
    KPopovski23 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Get rid of wheat. Seriously. It never hurts to give it a shot.

Sooooo true! So many people have wheat (gluten) sensitivities/allergies and don't even know. As soon as I gave it up for one month, my life changed. My stomach is flat, but more importantly, my migraines are gone, I have more energy, and I feel great! Now, I've been gluten free (for the most part) for 3 months and I love it!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Key word...FAT

Again

What fats are bad fats?

Trans fat is absolutely bad.

Not disagreeing. Was wondering what the poster thought were bad fats.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Holy cow this thread is depressing.

Carbs DON'T make you fat

Fat doesn't make you fat

Protein doesn't make you fat.

Fat is used by the body as a way to store excess energy. If you eat excess energy (calories) your body will store this energy as fat.

Newme13 my hat is off to you.

:flowerforyou:

I'm also voting for what Newme13 has said. Calorie deficit = lower weight = smaller belly. Carbs do not magically turn into belly fat when you eat them - excess calories turn into fat all over when you eat them, irrespective of what food group they are made up of.

As for some of the comments about going gluten free... why? She has not said she is gluten intolerant so that is nonsense.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Get rid of wheat. Seriously. It never hurts to give it a shot.
    Sooooo true! So many people have wheat (gluten) sensitivities/allergies and don't even know. As soon as I gave it up for one month, my life changed. My stomach is flat, but more importantly, my migraines are gone, I have more energy, and I feel great! Now, I've been gluten free (for the most part) for 3 months and I love it!

Only valid if the OP is gluten intolerant. She hasn't said she is and most people are not.