MFP pet peeve

Options

Replies

• Mavrick7a
    Mavrick7a Posts: 1,353
    Options
    What is your pet peeve on this site???

Mine is people who don't have their head in their pictures. You will see a dude who is totally ripped, but with no head. Or a girl with a fantastic body who has no head. Makes you wonder if its really them........My ugly mug is on my pic!!

@OP - Yes, those pics really bother me to. That is why I lost 32 pounds and cropped my head out of the picture.:laugh:
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Well my head is in the pic but my face is covered, that was the best way to get the right angle for the pic. But also, I am not exactly ripped either so maybe it doesn't count?
  • CallmeFrida
    CallmeFrida Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    What is your pet peeve on this site???

Mine is people who don't have their head in their pictures. You will see a dude who is totally ripped, but with no head. Or a girl with a fantastic body who has no head. Makes you wonder if its really them........My ugly mug is on my pic!!

I agree with you-also people who think they always have "clever" advise and pick on other people if they don't like something someone has posted so they get all offended but post smart @ss remarks without realizing how judgemental they are being...and your "mug" isn't ugly!
  • skinnydreams19
    skinnydreams19 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    When people consistently net under 1200. WE all know you're not supposed to and the more annoying part is that these people still talk about how they were 'such pigs' and 'eating so bad' and that it's impossible to get 1200 in. Puh-leeeeeze.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Posting just to upset you.

me too
  • lafilleavectoi
    lafilleavectoi Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    "Rate the person above you" threads
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    i'm headless because i'm shy :flowerforyou:

my main pet peeve is the constant repeat topics on the same exact thing over and over and over. sometimes if I click on 'fitness and exercise' there will be about 6 or 7 posts on the first page about the same thing. i used the search function when i was a newbie, why is that so hard to figure out?
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Oh! another - people who dont search any topics!!!!!!!!! ARG, stopping asking the same thing over again people! If, after complete research you still seem confused, then ask!:mad:

I agree.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    "Starvation mode! danger will robinson danger Eat more!"
  • mq68
    mq68 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    posting a topic that has been posted 9bazillion times and don't search prior to asking said question... because they are a special snowflake and their circumstances are different!
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    When people add me without a message!

Even a "Hi" or "vierbvierbfvieufn" would suffice!

Otherwise it just makes me wonder how the hell you found me, lol
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    When people consistently net under 1200. WE all know you're not supposed to and the more annoying part is that these people still talk about how they were 'such pigs' and 'eating so bad' and that it's impossible to get 1200 in. Puh-leeeeeze.

This is a pet peeve of mine as well. It seems unthinkable that a grown adult - having eaten enough to gain excess weight - would suddenly have trouble reaching calorie levels that toddlers blow past. It's mindboggling.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Does mine count as a headless photo since it's blocked by my camera?
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    stalkers
  • skinnydreams19
    skinnydreams19 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    It seems unthinkable that a grown adult - having eaten enough to gain excess weight - would suddenly have trouble reaching calorie levels that toddlers blow past.

EXACTLY! Toddlers can do it and you're a full grown person with a life, is all that I want to say. Ever heard of peanut butter?
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I don't like the over the top flirting and overtly sexual chat on the boards, it makes me cringe a lot. I prefer to seek friends on here for fitness advice and to lose weight together, personally.

I don't like it when people have ridiculous rules about friend requests on their profiles and who can and can't try to add them, it makes me not bother with them.

Also, I think some people on the boards can get rude, especially to newcomers, because of the anonymity of an online forum.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I think people post instead of search because they're looking for interpersonal interaction and the sensation that somebody cares about their individual struggle.
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I'll be your pet *kitten*.

Hi, I was wondering why you keep saying that your are a *kitten* in most of your forum posts?
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I'll be your pet *kitten*.

Hi, I was wondering why you keep saying that your are a *kitten* in most of your forum posts?
    Are you stalking her?
  • red8424
    red8424 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    People who complain and whine about doing "everything right but they cant lose weight" and they log 700 calories in 15 minutes of driving to work as their exercise for the day and eat back those calories in candy. :huh:

Absolutely this! I've been known to ask for advice on plateau breaking but I eat the right amount of calories and really exercise. I also have issues with people who are clearly anorexic and always post about how fat they are.

Some people are really rude in the forums and gang up on people. These people wait all day for someone to post something they don't like and they attack. They probably wouldn't say any of that to someone's face so why hide behind an avatar and screen name? Cowards.