Where was your first job ?

Options

Replies

• nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    When I was 11 I got a paper route. Then at 14 I worked at the library after school/weekends putting away books, reparing books, picking up boys . . . you know, the usual! :)
  • amandajones1978
    Options
    Worked at a boarding stable when I was 14.
  • blanhe2
    blanhe2 Posts: 88
    Options
    I was a general's dog's body at a Dutch amusement park (Duinrel) when I was 15.
    My first real real job, was as a Technical Services Engineer at Hella in the UK.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Peeling Onions in a samosa factory. I absolutely despise onions even before that job. To this day I avoid onions like I'd avoid a zombie with a flame thrower.

Ironic thing is, salary aside, it was way more fun than what I am doing now.
  • konerusp
    konerusp Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    The very first job i had was at a food court in my school in Syracuse university,NY.We were to get food from the chefs and arrange them on counters for students to take. was paid 8$ an hour at that time. :D
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    What was the job? - Dog "Spa & Hotel" - I was 18, summer after graduating high school.

What were you hired to do? - Bathe/Groom Dogs

What did you REALLY do? - Bathe, groom, take care of the boarders, handle the phone, handle customers. After a few weeks, my boss just kinda left me by myself most of the day while she ran around with friends. So I ended up doing a lot of the work. x_x
  • IntoTheSky
    IntoTheSky Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I was a fluffer.......:wink:
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Fred Meyer. I was a HABA(health and beauty) stock girl.

I miss Freddys. Pretty much coolest store ever. Like a high class walmart.
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I didn't work during high school, except for babysitting. My first job was the summer I graduated. I worked as a bottle selector at the local bottle factory. My job was to knock off the bottles with defects, BORING!!!!!
  • cakemewithyou
    cakemewithyou Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Subway...

hated it.
    They treated me soooo bad!
  • Lonewolf1507
    Lonewolf1507 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    When I finished school I was employed as a Tree Surgeon.

I was actually an industrial gardener thining out the excess trees :laugh:

Andy
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    checking in clothes at the local pool.
  • lovelykila
    lovelykila Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I was a cashier at Publix.
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    What were you hired to do ?
    What did you REALLY do ?

Hired as a National Radio Station's English (Formal) Radio Presenter/Producer at 16 (I'd auditioned as a Radio Jockey for the Teen Channel but was considered too formal for Teen Radio).

Monday - Friday: Talk Radio format (think NPR)
    Friday - Saturday: Presented with a blend of KISS FM Howard Stern format/vibe
    Sunday: Conservative Church Radio Delivery

On the Hour News: Domestic/International.

What did I really do? I was overworked! I almost lived there. It was my Gap Year but it happens when it's a listening audience of under 2 million people, where the audience and the sponsors can influence who is on and for how long.
  • fitbum19
    fitbum19 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Kmart cashier. and that's what I really did, lol that was 13 years ago
  • imafluffypuffybear
    Options
    my first job was going to nursry and then primary and so on :P
  • jenniferrusso7393
    jenniferrusso7393 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Wendys... I was hired as a cashier, but I really cleaned out the insides of the trash receptacles with ammonia... I didnt stay there long...
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I was hired to basically do whatever the hell my boss wanted me to, I worked for a traveling petting zoo called "Party Animals." I lead around horses, ponies, goats, rabbits, etc..... I also had to clean up poop...set up pins, chase escapees, and freak the HELL OUT when I first tried to lead the fainting goats to the trailer and had NO IDEA they were fainting goats. I thought I gave them all a seizure! lmao.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    Same summer, not sure which was first, but they both paid me, so they count. One was working for the city's park district doing groundskeeping at the parks (picking up trash, trimming trees and bushes, mowing, etc). The other was as a referee for youth soccer games.

Soccer was the best, paid in cash.
  • nashai01
    nashai01 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    My first job was working in the kitchen at a BINGO hall. I just walked around to give all the rude women food and drinks.
    I was in 5th grade and for a very long time I thought all women over 50 years old was rude and addicted to BINGO lol