Replies

• KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Neighborhood pool. Lifeguarding
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    In a factory working with blacked out windows and no AC or heat. No joke.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    worked for a shady philly cheesesteak place that i was convinced was owned by the mob.
  • catfulford
    catfulford Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    What were you hired to do ?
    What did you REALLY do ?
    I was hired as a waitress at a pizza hut and about 6 months later became a shift manager
  • maddogg82
    maddogg82 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I was 15 got hired to baby sit two kids.. hated it,

What i really did was ignored them till an hour b4 their mom came home. Then i fed them and gave them baths..

:laugh: :laugh: :happy: :tongue:
  • SarahBeth0625
    SarahBeth0625 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Deli worker at a grocery store. It was... gross. LOL.
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    I had a summer job working in a gift shop at an amusement park. While I did work as a cashier and stocked shelves, it was pretty much a party job as many of my friends worked there as well and when not working we visited other people at their respective spots and rode rides and so on! Fun! Fun! Fun! :laugh:
  • Drop_it_Like_Its_Hawt
    Drop_it_Like_Its_Hawt Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    What I was hired to do: Babysitting
    What I actually did: Babysat til 8, then put them all to bed and stayed up all night watching Headbangers Ball.
  • Bubble105
    Bubble105 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Ann Summers retail assistant.
    Basically talked to people about intimate things and had "lightsaber" fights with certain items.
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Technically I helped out at my parents' bakery a decent amount before I was actually hired anywhere, it was just a way to earn allowance or any extra money I wanted. That was mostly cleaning and a bit of food prep. A job where I actually had an interview would be a cashier at Wal Mart. I did not enjoy it one bit, my wrists would ache all night from scanning items and I'd hear the scanner "beep" in my sleep.
  • KenyanInDC
    KenyanInDC Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Popeyes.
  • gkwatra
    gkwatra Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Dairy Queen. Ate a LOT of ice cream. :tongue: But I was only 18 at the time so I could get away with that kind of stuff then. :wink:
  • neacail
    neacail Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Oh and mine was Bonanza...I was the Salad Bar B!TCH!

Me too. Three years at Bonanza. lol. I worked in all of the "girl" positions.
  • roseolson1
    roseolson1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Dairy Queen
    I made treats and cooked food.
    Long history of fast food after that. Surprisingly it wasn't until I got an office job at 24 y/o that I started to to gain weight.
  • MbiggsHFD319
    MbiggsHFD319 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Maid for the local motel...think I was about 10...lasted about half of the summer, LOL
  • stumpycow
    stumpycow Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Wonderland Pier in Ocean City, starting at 16. Hired as Ride operator. I ran rides (cleaning up vomit is NOT fun!), but also did the photo & ticket booths. Fun job!
  • cathyfowler662
    cathyfowler662 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    at 14, I was a dishwasher on the weekends at a place called (no joke) Toadsuck Catfish Inn. It was a catfish buffet type place. Very popular and the name Toadsuck came from local legend many years ago.

I've heard of Toadsuck Days!! I have two friends in Conway and two of my friends - one from Calif. and one from S. Carolina flew out there just to go. I opted out.
  • cathyfowler662
    cathyfowler662 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    My first job was pumping gas at a car wash. Not much fun. What I actually did was pump gas and flirt with the boys. I had to have a job when I was 18 or graduated from High School....whichever came first. They were on the same day, so I went out that afternoon between school and graduation and got a job. Worked my way "up" to work inside at the gift shop. I was there for about a year.
  • S1NN3R
    S1NN3R Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Best Buy customer service. Bleh
  • tanashai
    tanashai Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Teleresearcher at Synovate in University, ughghh.

I conducted surveys with people who could by and large care less, took abuse, allowed guys to try to verbally undress me in order to get them to take the damn survey (actually, there's a couple funny stories tied to that) and then quit three weeks early because they wouldn't allow us to read books between calls, but would allow us to read trashy magazines -.-. Lousy, lousy job.