Friend requests. Message vs no message

Options
123457»

Replies

• rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I ignore the request if there is no message. And I clearly state that in the very first sentance on my profile. I figure if they don't even read the first sentence about me that 1.) they really aren't that interested in being my friend, or 2.) it's not the type of friend that I want anyway.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Decline: no msg; any variation of "friends, journey, weightloss, encourage, support each other" blah blah blah lame.

Accept: killer hot guys, smoking hot girls, msg containing any variation of the following: "you're hot, the rougher the better, I'm a girl, lets lez out, I drink too much, sure, go ahead - touch it, toaster strudels are the best, want to see a pic of my cat in my bushes"

I'm beginning to think I *may* not be using MFP for its intended purpose anymore.....

What if the message says "Let's be friends and encourage each other to lez out and continue our journey with toaster strudels because weight loss because cats" ?

I'd accept that one!
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options
    I feel that people that post in their description that "I won't add you with out a message.. blah.. blah.. blah" to seem to high on themselves, instant turn off.

Or we have been frightened by real life creepy *kitten* psycho stalkers who googled everything about us and our families. True, a message doesn't guarantee that won't happen again, but it gets rid of the lazy stalkers.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options
    I agree with terrie. It always strikes me as a bit egotistical when someone says out on their profile page that they won't accept without a message. It is broadcasting how "popular" you are. Just don't accept if there is no message. That's fine. I think it is a little weird to friend somebody you don't know anything about. But, don't tell us about it.
    I always send a message. Seems only normal, natural and cordial. When I see somebody I want to friend, there is a reason.

Yeah. I am so popular with my 41 friends (One of those is actually myself).
  • Fit_NYC_
    Fit_NYC_ Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    No message, no add... simple as that. There should be a reason for me to see your face on my feed.
    I hold myself to the same standards and always send a message.

And including the disclaimer about it on the profile is not vanity, just informational. Some people accept, some don't. At least if they can read, then they know which type I am.
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I prefer massages to my friend requests.....wait did I read that wrong....
  • LetsTryThisAgain54
    LetsTryThisAgain54 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I still don't know why people make it a Federal Case about a message!!! If you don't like what the person looks like, just don't accept the frigging request. A big deal over nothing!
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    I agree with terrie. It always strikes me as a bit egotistical when someone says out on their profile page that they won't accept without a message. It is broadcasting how "popular" you are. Just don't accept if there is no message. That's fine. I think it is a little weird to friend somebody you don't know anything about. But, don't tell us about it.
    I always send a message. Seems only normal, natural and cordial. When I see somebody I want to friend, there is a reason.

Yeah. I am so popular with my 41 friends (One of those is actually myself).

I like to think I'm a friend to myself as well. At least I talk to myself, sometimes out loud.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I will accept pretty much anyone. It's like being given permission to stalk them and I'm all for it! Then if they turn out to be a dirtbag, I drop 'em (or they drop me when they realize I'm actually incredibly boring).

define dirtbag lol

I don't have one really... But when a person goes from unknown to super-stalker in five seconds flat, adding me to every bit of social media that I'm registered for... That's grounds for blocking, I think.
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I don't care really, I mean come on why are we so choosy, the more support the better. If they are annoying I will gracefully remove them. I am not getting married just friending someone on a fitness site.

Thank you and exactly.