Are you for or against NUDISM!!

Options

Replies

• JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    For me, i wouldn't do it.

But, I don't care what others do as long as it doesn't adversely effect me

I know right? Like as in as long as my kid doesn't inadvertently see it. I had two brushes with nudism during our family vacay. One trip to a hot spring was postponed while figuring out which watering hole might be inhabited by nudists and while figuring it out we lost our chance. The other was running into someone's long lost cousin so and so who had a nude beach in california story that almost matched mine so it was fun sharing our experiences and reactions to such.

Why would it matter if your kid saw nude people? They're nude. It's not like they're having sex in public. Go any where in Europe and women will be topless on beaches, there's nudity on beaches etc. etc. It's the human body and they shouldn't be ashamed of seeing/being naked.

How it could adversely effect someone is beyond me.

Not everyone is as "free" as you are. I personally would never take my kids to a nude beach. Different STROKES for different folks. Pun intended.

I'm just saying if you happened to wander upon a nude beach or a secluded beach where people decided to be nude why would you be upset if your kid saw?

Again, it's the human body. No shame in seeing it.

ETA: There is absolutely nothing sexual in being naked.
  • rbrown2007
    Options
    Definitely for!
  • totallydevious
    totallydevious Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'm for it more so than against it. I think it is beautiful if you are comfortable in your own skin.
  • GoHeels1974
    Options
    It's your body.. I say go for it!
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options

I know right? Like as in as long as my kid doesn't inadvertently see it. I had two brushes with nudism during our family vacay. One trip to a hot spring was postponed while figuring out which watering hole might be inhabited by nudists and while figuring it out we lost our chance. The other was running into someone's long lost cousin so and so who had a nude beach in california story that almost matched mine so it was fun sharing our experiences and reactions to such.

Why would it matter if your kid saw nude people? They're nude. It's not like they're having sex in public. Go any where in Europe and women will be topless on beaches, there's nudity on beaches etc. etc. It's the human body and they shouldn't be ashamed of seeing/being naked.

i was just stating my general feeling about anything - i don't care what people do as long as it doesn't adversely effect me.

but I could give examples if you really want. i think my philosophy is pretty accepting.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I prefer nudism with a touch of photoshop and great lighting.

I live in Florida where the average age of the population is 82. Floppy jumblies aren't the stuff of fantasy.
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    Give a shout out if you are for or against NUDISM and why!

Partial nudism in public, where appropriate.
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options

Not everyone is as "free" as you are. I personally would never take my kids to a nude beach. Different STROKES for different folks. Pun intended.

I'm just saying if you happened to wander upon a nude beach or a secluded beach where people decided to be nude why would you be upset if your kid saw?

If it was not supposed to be a nude beach and they were. Yes I would be upset. (not maniac yelling upset ). You are correct it is the human body. IMO it depends on how you were raised up / culture and all that. I was raised up that nudity was a no-no I'm ASSuming that's where I get it from.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options

I live in Florida where the average age of the population is 82. Floppy jumblies aren't the stuff of fantasy.

In Jamaica we visited Hedonism II...not exactly a fantasy either.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options

In Jamaica we visited Hedonism II...not exactly a fantasy either.

Especially with all the Vinnie's there.

I've never been there but I can't say I've heard good things about the resort itself. I prefer Desire in Mexico. Couples only which really cuts down on the creep factor.
  • Amyes1
    Amyes1 Posts: 41
    Options
    Totally against, unless you are in your own home . . . away from other people who may be offended!
  • cherylatkwechanged
    cherylatkwechanged Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Doesn't really bother me each to thier own really x
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    It all depends on the day of the week for me...If it ends in Y, I may or may not go nude in public.
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I have been to Clothing Optional Resorts several times. And I agree that most of the bodies you see there, you don't want to see nude.
  • subconscious_ink
    subconscious_ink Posts: 194 Member
    Options

I would like to add that in the area that I'm from, there *is* something sexual in being naked, because generally the only acceptable time to be naked is for sex, bathing, or sleeping. I think part of what is or isn't sexual is a cultural thing. For example, in China, foot binding used to be sexy. Now it just seems disturbing. There may not be anything innately sexual in nudity, exactly, but often a culture will train a person to equate nudity with sex.

I don't think being naked is shameful. I don't think sex is shameful. I do think it's a private thing to share with your partner(s), just like certain thoughts and feelings are things you might only share with your partner(s).

Therefore, I can understand why certain people wouldn't want their kids running around a nude beach or wanting them coming across random naked people.

Also, kids pick things up really easily when they're young. I imagine if my nephew saw a nudist colony or a nude beach, he'd probably want to try to go nude in his classroom or his daycare :laugh:
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    For. St. Martin. I went nude. There were mothers, daughters, fathers, kids, etc. All nude. Kids didn't care. They just thought it was natural. Its only in the US that we demonize the human body and shield the kids from it.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    For. St. Martin. I went nude. There were mothers, daughters, fathers, kids, etc. All nude. Kids didn't care. They just thought it was natural. Its only in the US that we demonize the human body and shield the kids from it.
    I think anywhere you go (including many places in Europe), there are people and places that are not comfortable with nudity. In the middle east and many Arabic countries in Africa, a woman can't even show a little bit of leg... so that's a common misconception that only the U.S. is uptight about it....but I do agree that people make a bigger deal about it than necessary.

I don't have kids, but would like to think if I did, I wouldn't want them to be ashamed of their bodies (but on the flip side, I'd probably be scarred for life if I saw my parents walking around naked!).

Bottom line...if you're worried about what your kids might see, you really need to be careful about where you take them!
  • OneEyeUp
    OneEyeUp Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    The body is a sacred thing that has been entrusted to each individual. Unless it is for the eyes of our chosen beloved, it should stay reasonably covered. I certainly don't want my 2 year old son looking at some dangling genitalia because the law said its ok.
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    For the general population of our country?! Um no.
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I think anywhere you go (including many places in Europe), there are people and places that are not comfortable with nudity.

I don't have kids, but would like to think if I did, I wouldn't want them to be ashamed of their bodies (but on the flip side, I'd probably be scarred for life if I saw my parents walking around naked!).

Well...I don't know, it just seems like we have a lot of people who don't treat their bodies very respectfully...although perhaps if we went nude more that would change...(and I saw my parents naked and was not scarred :wink: ) ETA my little sister and I also stumbled onto a nude beach growing up in California and weren't scarred by that either (although we were amused!)