What is a strange fact about you?

Options

Replies

• SarahBeth0625
    SarahBeth0625 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I'm terrified to look in a mirror in the dark. I'm afraid I'll see something behind me, except it won't be there when I turn around. To the point I run past the mirror in the hall if I have to go to the bathroom at night.

I'm the same. The mirror is terrifying at night!!! Thanks to all my sleepovers as a kid where we watched scary movies and played "Bloody Mary"... I would actually cry. Thanks, friends! LOL
  • SarahBeth0625
    SarahBeth0625 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I am terrified of someone shooting a rubber band at me. If someone has one and pulls it back like they are going to shoot it in my direction, I start crying. It just really scares me.

I wash my hands obsessively. I will wash my hands and then wash them again because the first soap didn't feel "clean" enough. Sometimes, this goes on a few times.

I can't look into a mirror when the room is dark. I will close my eyes, look down, or have the mirror to my back until I can get a light on.

OMG, you are my TWIN! All of these, yes!! All of these are me. I won't cry over the rubberband but it's one of the scariest things. I don't want a rubber band snapping on me. I hate balloons popping too. It's not only scary, but I feel sad for the balloon.
  • swimmer_chick
    swimmer_chick Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Most of this stuff isn't really strange...

Better said, the "strangest" thing about me is that I wash my hands constantly and keep track of everything relative to what it touched and if it's clean. Got a thing with germs... but I think it's pretty normal for someone who just takes cleanliness seriously... no I don't think I have OCD and if I do I don't care it's not that novel lol

EDIT: I stand corrected, fear of raisins FTW! lol

I can't tell if you're agreeing with me or laugh at me & my strangeness haha! They're horrible!

Well you win for being strange... lol I'm seriously just messing with you, but I'm totally interested in an explaination. They just freak you out or like you'd run from them?

I don't even have an explanation myself! It's just an irrational fear haha. I don't think I'd go so far as to run from them, it's just.. they genuinely scare me! Especially currants and sultanas, they always seem to be more squidgy? Shudder.. pahaha wow this is embarrassing!
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Most of this stuff isn't really strange...

Better said, the "strangest" thing about me is that I wash my hands constantly and keep track of everything relative to what it touched and if it's clean. Got a thing with germs... but I think it's pretty normal for someone who just takes cleanliness seriously... no I don't think I have OCD and if I do I don't care it's not that novel lol

EDIT: I stand corrected, fear of raisins FTW! lol

I can't tell if you're agreeing with me or laugh at me & my strangeness haha! They're horrible!

Well you win for being strange... lol I'm seriously just messing with you, but I'm totally interested in an explaination. They just freak you out or like you'd run from them?

I don't even have an explanation myself! It's just an irrational fear haha. I don't think I'd go so far as to run from them, it's just.. they genuinely scare me! Especially currants and sultanas, they always seem to be more squidgy? Shudder.. pahaha wow this is embarrassing!

ROFL no sweat!

After reading some more I kinda do the mirror thing too, but more so it's looking down the hall at an open doorway. I always check down the hall after I walk through it to make sure I don't see something. Old habit from when I was younger to put my imagination at rest and get to bed.
  • Eatontk
    Eatontk Posts: 11
    Options
    I got two freckles on my neck that look like a vampire bite....o_O
  • swimmer_chick
    swimmer_chick Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm with you people who can't look in the mirror in the dark, I can't open my curtains at night either in case there's someone out there!! eek..
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I am the ONLY left handed person in my entire, large, Catholic family.

I only see out of my right eye when both eyes are open, but can see out of my left when I close my right eye. (therefore, no depth perception)

I sense and predict earthquakes with alarming accuracy.

I have synesthesia: I hear music and think colors, tastes and textures. Middle C is forest green and the colors go up the scale as follows: red, reddish/orange, orange, yellow white, with varying shades between all of those. The colors go down the scale as follows: blue, purple, brown, maroon, black, with varying shades between. My favorite music occurs within the purple to yellow scale range. Most of the twangy, country music out there comes in as greenish, muddy brownish baby puke color, that tastes like metal. Most of the music done in 3/4 time signature (waltzing) comes in as rose pink, soft velvet, and tastes like bubble gum or cotton candy. I choose my musical likes and dislikes based on the colors I get from them.

That happened temporarily to alot of my friends back in the 1960's/70's particularly when they went to rock concerts and ingested some sort of.........:laugh:

Naughty boy!
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    >Grown *kitten* woman
    >Afraid of the dark like a little *****
    >Has to sleep in a dark room -.-
  • jessicas082409
    jessicas082409 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Coulrophobia---Phobia of clowns. I will break down in tears, panic attacks...I've left a whole cart of paid groceries and nearly fallen out of a 2story building trying to get away from clowns.
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I'm terrified to look in a mirror in the dark. I'm afraid I'll see something behind me, except it won't be there when I turn around. To the point I run past the mirror in the hall if I have to go to the bathroom at night.

Don't think of the Candyman when you go to the bathroom tonight.
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    I used to do 'fortune telling' and have predicted deaths, accidents and illnesses, among other unsettling things. I no longer do this.

My grandma used to read cards and predicted the death of my mother's boyfriend back when she was about 16. It happened within a month. Grandma quit reading cards after that.
  • CircadianBliss
    CircadianBliss Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid of veins and even numbers.
  • squatsandlipgloss
    Options
    I don't think this is strange but almost everyone who I tell this to thinks it is (stereotyping, much?).

I hate hiphop and rap and I love country music.

Also I have an unhealthy fear of butterflies.
  • jbutterflye
    Options
    I am a medium.

I had a very good friend who was a psychic. Had some very interesting experiences with her. :)
  • jbutterflye
    Options
    I am the ONLY left handed person in my entire, large, Catholic family.

I only see out of my right eye when both eyes are open, but can see out of my left when I close my right eye. (therefore, no depth perception)

I sense and predict earthquakes with alarming accuracy.

I have synesthesia: I hear music and think colors, tastes and textures. Middle C is forest green and the colors go up the scale as follows: red, reddish/orange, orange, yellow white, with varying shades between all of those. The colors go down the scale as follows: blue, purple, brown, maroon, black, with varying shades between. My favorite music occurs within the purple to yellow scale range. Most of the twangy, country music out there comes in as greenish, muddy brownish baby puke color, that tastes like metal. Most of the music done in 3/4 time signature (waltzing) comes in as rose pink, soft velvet, and tastes like bubble gum or cotton candy. I choose my musical likes and dislikes based on the colors I get from them.

I can understand why you would associate music with color. Both are just energy frequencies, in different form, but they correlate with one another.
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    I am allergic to blue crabs only not any other kind and no other shell fish either just blue crab And I love them
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I was in the '89 Loma Prieta earthquake (lived in San Francisco)

I was in the '94 Northridge earthquake (lived 5 miles from Northridge)

I've been in 8 car accidents; was always a passenger not the driver

I've broken almost every bone in my body

I've "died" twice. 1st time at age 18 months from viral spinal menegitis, 2nd time from untreated mastoiditis

I think I'm lucky to be alive. :bigsmile: :wink:
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    In my dreams I am able to taste, smell and feel things.

I also can sometimes alter the course of my dreams by willing something to happen.
  • squatsandlipgloss
    Options
    I was in the '89 Loma Prieta earthquake (lived in San Francisco)

I was in the '94 Northridge earthquake (lived 5 miles from Northridge)

I've been in 8 car accidents; was always a passenger not the driver

I've broken almost every bone in my body

I've "died" twice. 1st time at age 18 months from viral spinal menegitis, 2nd time from untreated mastoiditis

I think I'm lucky to be alive. :bigsmile: :wink:

The Chosen One, right there.
  • BBinNC
    BBinNC Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I am right handed but shoot pistols and shotguns left handed, golf left handed, play hockey left handed and shoot pool left handed. All other sports, I'm right handed.

Oh, and I tried to learn how to play the guitar, but was left handed with that too and it wasn't strung for a left handed person.