Cheat days - Worst idea ever

Options
15678911»

Replies

• CaffeinatedGlitter
    CaffeinatedGlitter Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    My nutritionist told me to have a cheat *meal* once a week not whole entire day, and that was just to make sure my metabolism wouldn't be getting used to the same ol' same ol' ... I don't do this... I have one or two high(er) calorie meals a month, but usually just when I go somewhere that doesn't have the best foods. I feel badly about eating unhealthy foods as my mom is highly addicted to such and is morbidly obese, so I don't have a good relationship with junk food ( not that anyone really should). So yeah, those are my two cents.. I don't really believe in cheat days, but I'm not damning them out of my life entirely.
  • StephTheBookworm
    StephTheBookworm Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I've lost over 100 pounds and have a cheat meal every single week. I see no problem with it.
  • tootoop224
    tootoop224 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Semantics.

One persons "cheat day" is another persons...
    ... I personally dont think going over calories on ANY day while staying within your weekly calorie goal is a cheat... that's just balancing your calorie intake over a week. ...
    day. Same concept.
  • AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I used to love looking forward to cheat days. For years I had cheat days planned each week...

until I found a cheat day usually lead to a cheat week, and then my weight loss was totally thrown off course, and it was a lot harder to get back on track. Allowing yourself one treat here and there isn't the end of the world. But a daily or even weekly binge, just made all of my hard work throughout the rest of the week all for naught.
  • ziggiezambi
    ziggiezambi Posts: 253
    Options
    hyperbolic much?

"Have OJ try on the gloves"
    "Why don't we scrap the Coke formula and make it taste like Pepsi?"
    "Why don't we just ban alcohol all together?"
    "You can hook it to your vacuum cleaner and it will suck up your hair AND cut it!"
    "We should fire Steve Jobs."
    "I bet we would make great phones here at ESPN!"

all of these are worse ideas than someone allowing him/herself an extra slice of pizza once a week.

I think yes. xD

I don't do cheat days. However on my weekends (Monday&Tuesday) I don't log. :P
  • ThinUpGirl
    ThinUpGirl Posts: 397
    Options
    I use to have cheat days, but it was very counter productive since Is go way over my tdee.

Now I have tdee days where I indulge once a week at my tdee limit.
  • HSingMomto7Kids
    HSingMomto7Kids Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I cringe when I hear the word cheat day too. Sure some days I'll make bad decisions and go over my calories, but I don't purposely have a "cheat day." I enjoy working out an trying to stay under my calories.