What diet method are you using and Is it working for you?

Options

Replies

• skinnytayy
    skinnytayy Posts: 459
    Options
    I prefer lifestyle change over calling it a diet but I eat primal. No grains, legumes, sugar, or any artificial crap. I'm not 100% .. probably around 80-90% primal. I allow myself a cheat here & there but it still has to fit into my daily calorie allotment so I don't go overboard and stuff my face ... as much as I'd sometimes like to. =)

& Yes, it most definitely works. Everything about primal makes sense. I've lost weight, got better sleep, acne is gone, skin & hair are awesome, have way more energy, etc.
  • moni_tb_192
    moni_tb_192 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Just counting calories and making healthier food decisions. I try to eat more veggies than I used to, but I treat myself with the occasional slice of pizza or hamburger. I also exercise around 5 days a week :) and yes, IT IS WORKING! :D
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Balanced blood sugar and lower calories. I eat often in smaller amounts focusing on lean protein and veggies and limiting the empty sugar carbs.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Started with the slim fast 123 plan, but now am doing a modified slim fast adding extra cals on days i workout. i like it. works for me. plan to get healthier with the eating when at or near goal weight within 10 lbs. don't care much for now. and yeah, i call it a diet because it's short term. just a few more months. good luck on your goals!:flowerforyou:
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I made permanent lifestyle changes and eliminated almost all processed foods. No GMOs.

I eliminated all wheat products to see if I'd notice a difference and found myself cured of all sorts of pain. Feeling so much better killed any & all desire to ever eat wheat again. I make sure my food is as natural and healthy as I can get it.

I started using MFP because I figured I needed to eat more even though I was satisfied with what I was eating. It is motivating me to plan to eat more food.

Weight training (as heavy as I can), cardio (in moderation) & sometimes an exercise DVD are part of my regular routine, too.

I love the way I feel eating healthy foods. It is definitely worth a little extra effort. It is exciting seeing my endurance and strength increase and the inches on my tape measure decrease.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Eat to a reasonable caloric deficit, hit my macros, eat fruits, veggies, fats from a variety of sources and ice cream every day, lift weights.
  • squindles
    squindles Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I do my best to count calories, make healthy food choices, exercise regularly, get plenty of rest, and try not to freak out when i stumble along way.
    ^^^^THIS^^^^
    Have tried a zillion times before to lose weight from every diet that you can think of and have NEVER succeeded until now! I also log all my food :happy:
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I use sedentary TDEE as daily max, even though these days I exercise (cardio & weight lifting) at least 5 times a week. To prevent muscle loss I eat back all my exercise calories with protein shakes right after each workout.

I started this method after I plateaued following MFP's 1600 calorie limit (which was below my BMR). The first week that I use my sedentary TDEE of 2076 I gained two pounds, but after my body adjusted out of starvation mode I began to lose weight again.
  • Jamtart9
    Jamtart9 Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi! I'm a mom of 4 kids so I don't really diet, just try to stay away from crap food and follow TDEE -30%.

Just ordered the BodyMedia Fit armband from Costco to help me with my daily TDEE, because it's always changing and confusing.

Also, I exercise at Curves 4-5 times a week, just that much movement is making me lose inches! This is a good start, but eventually I'll move on to heavier lifting.

I'm new MFP but have already lost in the 2 months that I've actually been logging food. Just trying to hit my macro's and stay at a deficit and and I'm losing weight.

Cheers! :)
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    eat above bmr and below tdee
  • tmaree2
    tmaree2 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I monitor calorie intake, make sure I eat 3 good meals every day and have 3 snacks a day that are only protein. I eat heaps of food but have cut out process carbs...in other words, if it comes in a packet, has more than 2 ingredients and someone made it on a production line..then I don't eat it. working great for me..love that I feel so full all the time, have so much energy and no longer feel sluggish and tired.
  • mamosh81
    mamosh81 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    i am not on a diet i am making a life change!!

but yeah low carb and watching my calorie intake with exercise pretty much daily also cut out almost all milk and milk products
  • tigsi
    tigsi Posts: 36
    Options
    I just count calories. I reduced my sugar intake, I stopped drinking soft drinks, no cola, no juices that aren't freshly squeezed. I reduced the bread, I eat more veggies, I eat fruits more(tho I prefer veggies). I walk every day, at least for 40 minutes, I don't like going to the gym so I depending on my schedule I will choose some kind of training I like (dancing, yoga, if I have time)
  • WandaVonDunajew
    WandaVonDunajew Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    IF 18/6 and paleo, I make sure to have a high protein diet. Thats it, I love it!
  • blackcloud13
    blackcloud13 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Not really a method. Mainly slashed sugar, and stayed within net calories to take my weight down at a reasonable pace.
    Also, no stressing out on single bad days - I nearly always have at least one off day a week; but I do try to keep the week totals under control.
    I suspect starting to exercise may have helped too!
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    IF 16/8, minimum 1g protein per lb bodyweight, roughly 50/50 split of other two macros.
    Strength training 3x/week, eat roughly 500 cals more on lift days.

Works out to about TDEE -20% on rest days and TDEE'ish on lifting days.
  • happyheart15
    happyheart15 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers, and it's working great. I also take Wellbutrin for depression and anxiety, and it has 100% cut out my binging.
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Just counting calories. Try to mix the days up food wise, but get stuck in a rut every now and then eating the same foods.

Its working though and that's what matters.

This.
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Diets are by design temporary. Unless you make a lifestyle change most will go back to old habits and regain more weight. This has been proven.

I used Forks over Knives to help me in my journey.
  • rmxtube
    rmxtube Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am trying intermitted fasting but try to count my calories too. struggling to stay under my calorie goal this week with holidays and the intensity of the insanity home DVDs