What diet method are you using and Is it working for you?

Options

Replies

• andyisandy
    andyisandy Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I do my best to count calories, make healthy food choices, exercise regularly, get plenty of rest, and try not to freak out when i stumble along way.
    Qft
  • Jonette01
    Jonette01 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    ISAGENIX!

I started off looking for a good cleanse and some of my HS friends introduced me to the Isagenix 30 day cleanse. It has been the bomb-dot-com at improving my mood and energy. I don't feel like I'm on a "diet" (because it's not), I'm learning to eat clean and become more conscious of the nutrients I'm getting. Isagenix (with proven clinical trials) rivals the "Heart Healthy Diet" and builds lean muscle. I did my OWN research.

The important thing is to know where your food comes from and to cleanse your body from the inside out. Isagenix works for me and so far anyone who uses it seems to lose weight, but weight loss is NOT my goal. I love my curves, I just want to develop a healthy overall lifestyle and so far, so great!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    30% carbs, 35%.fat, 35% protein. Eat 1400-1600 with a 1000 calorie deficit using a body media / Kifit. Works well. :-)
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I've been following the 5:2 regime since August (2 days at 600 cals and 5 days eating sensibly/normally).
    Successful as I got to my goal in January.

I count calories but effectively eat over TDEE on my 5 days to average out the 2 low days over the course of a week as I'm maintaining.

I'm at goal weight but not goal body fat percentage so I'm doing a slow recomp.

I follow no particular eating plan (apart from 5:2) but most food is what I consider "healthy" plus treats purely for pleasure and taste - 80%/20% I guess.

Exercise 5 or 6 times a week, half strength, half cardio. Eat my exercise calories back apart from the 2 low calorie days.

(http://thefastdiet.co.uk/ if people are interested in knowing more about the 5:2 style of eating.)
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I'm not following a diet... just trying to keep up with a healthy lifestyle, but with reduced calories intake (well... I use a 500 calorie deficit).
    Just the usual eat more veggies and greans, less fat (for cooking, but I still eat full fat cheeses, but in smaller portions), with some home cooked indulgence meals, I eat only one serving of fruits a day (fruits really affect my digestion), etc.

It's just something that I can fo forever, without feeling deprived. I lose a more or less steady 1 lbs a week, I don't cry and panic about plateaus... and just go on.

After more than half of year of dieting... well, some lost faster than me, but I got my own rithm and that's it.
    It has worked not only for my weight, but for my health also... and for my sanity... I'm just not that kind of person who would keep it up with 1200-1400 calories diets, with the elimination of certain groups of foods, with intermitent fasting (even with religious fasting, I need meat), etc.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I eat fewer calories than I burn.
  • marielaem
    marielaem Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    5:2 - and it works really well.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I eat bacon for breakfast every morning.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    When I was actively losing weight, I just counted my calories. I didn't use a specific diet. Now, I just eat healthy most of the time, and when I don't, I just eat a smaller portion. I do try to limit bread/potatoes/whatever to one meal a day and eat a lot of protein+vegetable meals.
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    I was doing the Curves Complete. My facility closed down, so started doing zumba and weights at a regular gym. Started having a hard time losing the last 20lb's, so recently bought a body media, and loving it. Still waiting for the weight to come off, but I was initially doing maintenance when I got it. After I was done maintaining, it was TOM, so yeah. I see the numbers on the scale starting to come down now, with the water retention. BTW, 70lb's lost so far! :)
  • sbussert
    sbussert Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hmm... Watching calories of course. Making better choices for food (won't say always good ones :). Dropping the Coke (that's soda you crazy guys) ... And lots and lots of Water! 3 months - 30 lbs. so far so good.

My Fitbit(s) - plural cause I keep losing them

And MFP, this has certainly been my best motivator. Funny how I really feel guilty when I fall off the wagon.
  • Griffin220x
    Griffin220x Posts: 399
    Options
    The most unconventional one I could find and it works great!
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I have been on the Dukan Lifestyle since December 31, 2011. I do two modifications from the plan: 1) I log my calories and 2) even when the plan added back bread,potatos,rice and pasta, I did not. I did add back an extra apple or banana daily.

I also wear a Nike Fuel Band to monitor my activity burn. It motivates me to keep moving!
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    The word diet suggests it is unsustainable for the rest of your life. I eat at a small calorie deficit and try to eat more fruit and veg, but still eat anything I want. You don't have to do something with a name. It's just trying to part you from your money.
  • virtualjunkyard
    virtualjunkyard Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    KETO.....and it rocks!
  • FeebRyan
    FeebRyan Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    ESE, have lost 6kgs in 4 weeks (or possibly more will find out for sure monday) but feeling great about it

has definitely improved my relationship with food too.
  • iBreatheMusic88
    Options
    I count my calories.... I dont make the most healthiest decisions, but its working... I am a firm believer in not depriving my self, just makings ure I dont over do it is key. Although my PERSONAL goal is to burn at the very least 1000 calories when Im at the gym and make sure I dont eat those back... So far, so good. Best of Luck to you! :drinker:
  • nicoleknapp754
    Options
    I think we each have to find our own path to better health and weight loss. I am 62 and hopefully this will be my last time fighting the battle to get to my goal weight. What am I doing differently this time ? Because of being diabetic and on insulin losing weight and eating right is no longer just a matter of losing a few pounds to look better in a 2 piece bathing suit. As that is no longer a realistic goal for me . I eat healthy and have eliminated things that cause inflammation - gluten, diary and oats. I exercise daily - I walk 2miles 2 times and day and ride my exercise bike when I need to . I now watch my calorie intake in addition to watching my carb intake and monitor my blood sugar on an on going basis. I find logging my food and exercise more a reconfirmation that I am on the right track..and eating enough. I don't eat my exerice calories back but then I am also not running marathons. I do check where I am blood sugar wise after exercising to make sure that i have not gone to low with my blood sugar. I'ce lost 56 lbs ...hopefully I won't find anything of them in the coming years. I am committed to stop yo yo ing...for the rest of my life.
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    For now I am actively trying to lose weight. I won't go on my "lifestyle change" until I have lost the weight and I go on maintenance. I'm sure that will be trial and error for awhile until I get it figured out. But for now, I log all of my calories and pay special attention to fats and sodium . I lowered those on my macros. I also work out 6 days a week. Some days harder than others. Whatever I am doing has been working. I am never hungry and I am losing weight. I have never been a big eater anyway. Portion control is not my problem, no matter what I eat, I can't eat very much. My problem was eating junk food instead of healthy food and drinking regular coke and not being active. When I started this I cut out my big soda habit, butter and junk food. I don't even miss any of it. My main thing is losing my belly fat, that is the hardest for me to lose. I am trying to prevent diabetes and heart disease and lose visceral fat.
  • Bighiker2
    Bighiker2 Posts: 100
    Options
    I am doing the MFP method LOL! It says that I have to eat 1200 cal./day to lose and it is really working for me. I also go the a gym 2-3 times a week and hike several miles on weekends.

P.S. I NEVER eat the exercise calories I earn.