Anyone else have "goal clothes"?

Options
Not that long ago, I saw a really cute bra at Victoria's Secret. At their store, I'm a 42DD. This bra was super cute, it was a bit of a push up but not too padded, etc. I was in a rush so I just found a 38DD and thought I'd use some extenders to make it fit (it's sad I have to use them,, I know :sad:) Anyway, so I got home and realized the damn bra is a front close :grumble:

Now, it's turned into a "goal bra". I want to be able to fit into that soon, rather than the 42+extenders. I'm not there yet, I've only lost 6 pounds, but I have had to tighten the straps and very soon I'll have to hook it to the next tighter set :drinker:

Does anyone else have any goal clothes they want to fit in to, whether it's for your long-term goal or something you want to wear along the way? What is it?

Replies

• MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Jeans, size 12.
  • ozonenrhia1
    Options
    I should buy something:) sounds like an awesome idea!
  • DankaCibulka
    DankaCibulka Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Jeans, a lot of jeans:))
  • Crossett0803
    Crossett0803 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My favorite jeans are still in my dresser just waiting for me. :smile:
  • xDawnsgrace
    xDawnsgrace Posts: 436
    Options
    i have a pair of jeans in my dressers, size 3. I got this. :3
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    A very nice suit I have. And then I shrunk right out of it :laugh:
  • friedmsw1
    friedmsw1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I need to buy something too! Thanks for the idea!
  • juneygogs
    juneygogs Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Eloping at tend of year a really want to wear a slinky sexy wedding dress for our beach wedding.......seen just what I want online and tempted to buy it as a motivator......
  • rachelklewis3
    rachelklewis3 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have a dress that I wore for my bridal shower 4 years (and 2 kids) ago, trying to fit into it for an upcoming wedding (1 month away!). I've tried it on twice in the past 2 weeks and each time it's getting closer to zipping all the way! It feels good to have a goal and be so close to achieving it.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I've bought goal clothes along the way, but I've found once I fit into them, they aren't the right shape etc, so I gave up on it better to put some money in a jar and at X lbs lost go and get something! You may find by that point the cup size is too big, if it is sell it on eBay and put the money towards ones that fit. That's what I did.

Zara x
  • debgoomey
    debgoomey Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I started at a size 14/16 and purchased a size 8 jeans and a med top. I now fit in those and going to go shopping for some 4/6 jeans and some small tops. I hang them where I can see them every day to remind me what my goal is!
  • Sarahmeridith
    Sarahmeridith Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I have acute tshirt my husband bought be ove ra year ago, he was excited it give it to me and I couldnt even make it sqeeze on... I was so embaressed. I will wear it one day soon though!
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    A beautiful blouse that gapped in the front. Fits great now. You can do it.
  • meggylyn
    meggylyn Posts: 2
    Options
    Yes I have goal clothes!! I gained 50 lbs in a year and a half so all of those size 6 jeans I will fit in again! I'm having trouble with motivation though so I need to work on logging and maybe keeping my goal clothes in a more visible place!
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I also have this tee shirt that I like. It's an XL, which is still big, and when it was bought it fit a little loose, but comfortably. Now it looks like I bought it at Baby Gap. I also have a cute pair of jeans I bought at a size 20 when I was still back there that I would like to get back into...now I'm sad because my short term goal clothes are still so big! -sigh- I gained a ton of weight since last April...
  • DalekBrittany
    Options
    I've bought goal clothes along the way, but I've found once I fit into them, they aren't the right shape etc, so I gave up on it better to put some money in a jar and at X lbs lost go and get something! You may find by that point the cup size is too big, if it is sell it on eBay and put the money towards ones that fit. That's what I did.

Zara x

That's a good point! Hopefully my boobs don't shrink much...even when I was a normal weight my boobs were like a D cup! Haha!

But yeah the bra has literally never even been worn, so I can easily sell it if it ends up too big. :) Thanks for the advice!
  • Trisha_e
    Trisha_e Posts: 27
    Options
    A dress from forever21. I hang it by my window so I can see it while I'm doing Jillians's Body Revolution or 30DS. It's great motivation.
  • DalekBrittany
    Options
    A very nice suit I have. And then I shrunk right out of it :laugh:

Woo hoo! Bet that was kind of a bittersweet moment though :laugh:
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    A pair of jeans - waist size 26" (which I haven't been since I was in highschool 25+ years ago), The only problem is my waist is getting smaller, only about 1" to go, but my thighs are getting bigger, so I don't think I'll ever get into them
  • CJH2201
    CJH2201 Posts: 24
    Options
    I'm planning on hunting around the last bits of sales to buy a couple of thinsperational clothes, something in size 16, 14 and 12 so I have something for each goal.