Anyone else have "goal clothes"?

Options

Replies

• Mimoki
    Mimoki Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    my fav pair of jeans, size 6. Come on I miss you, its been a few years lol!
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I kept an old pair of jeans I wore in the early years of my marriage...almost 40 years ago. Needless to say, they're bellbottoms...and I'd never wear them in public! But I'd love to fit into them again just to know I could! I can get them on but not zipped yet because of my "hip padding". I think they may have been a size 8 and I'm in a 10-12 now. Just a nostalgic hope! :flowerforyou:
  • missyjane824
    missyjane824 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I found a cute dress on clearance that was a few sizes too small that I will be getting into.
  • phyllisbobbitt
    phyllisbobbitt Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: yes, i do have clothes goals! i always buy a size smaller and then look forward to fitting in it in a few weeks! it is the best feeling! but i have sometimes waited too long to try the clothes on & they were to big, that's when i say it is yard sale time!
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I'd love a tailored three piece suit, or an American pilots uniform from world war two to go to a 40s night in :happy:
  • leannekampfe
    leannekampfe Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have two bins of clothes, one size 10 and one size 8. I'm going to go through the 10s today and see if any fit yet. I have my fingers crossed!
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I have two bins of clothes, one size 10 and one size 8. I'm going to go through the 10s today and see if any fit yet. I have my fingers crossed!

Good luck! :)
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I had two pairs of jeans that I hadn't been able to get into for about 2-3 years. Just three months ago I could barely pull them up over my hips and I was spilling out of them. They fit comfortably now! I was just thinking this morning that I need a smaller pair of goal jeans to keep me motivated.
  • ashleyoh33
    ashleyoh33 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I am in my sister's wedding in August and I already bought my dress. It's a size 10.
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    A very nice suit I have. And then I shrunk right out of it :laugh:

Woo hoo! Bet that was kind of a bittersweet moment though :laugh:
    It was :glasses:
  • pseepferdchen
    pseepferdchen Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    A size 2 wedding dress hanging in my closet which I need to fit in till November :-)
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Yes, this dress. It is a size 8.

A1E7DA78-C32B-438D-BDD7-85D74BAFAF8E-10501-0000117A452B7E2D_zps3e9cb934.jpg
  • HappyElizabeth
    HappyElizabeth Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I could care less what the scale says - all I know is that every week I go to my closet and try on my old BCBG jeans.
    Phase 1 of my weight loss was to be able to get my old jeans on my body. That phase is complete (but just barely).
    Phase 2 is to be able to wear them in public. That's my current phase (I think I'm 10 pounds away from that).
    Phase 3 is to look awesome in them, and perhaps buy some new, smaller jeans. That phase has yet to be completed.
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Shirtless...
  • Poprocket_2012
    Options
    My goal is to get back into my size 8 jeans
  • Lanetta1984
    Options
    I want to fit in a size 8 wedding dress by June 2014.
  • jetaylor63
    jetaylor63 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I had two pairs of jeans that I hadn't been able to get into for about 2-3 years. Just three months ago I could barely pull them up over my hips and I was spilling out of them. They fit comfortably now! I was just thinking this morning that I need a smaller pair of goal jeans to keep me motivated.

Same as above but one pair I couldn't pull up over my hips - I'm wearing them now and thinking that it won't be long till I need smaller ones.:drinker:

I'm very short through the body and find it hard to find shirts that fit properly, especially when they're tailored. I found one the other day that was too small but tailored and the perfect length through the body. It was only $13 so I picked it up and plan to try it on about once a week. That was the first "not the right size yet" item that I've bought.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I had size 10 goal jeans from gap. They're now too big and I'm waiting for the cold weather to end so I can give them away cause I have 2 pair of size 8 stretchy jeans that fit perfectly! I also grew out of my size 10-12 dresses and suits and now fit into size 6 perfectly;-)). Also I wore a bikini in public on my vaca for the first time in a long, long time!
  • spruitt417
    spruitt417 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! Pants & jacket for my birthday on April 17th.