Things that restore your faith in society

Options
MireyGal76
MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
1. People who serve, coordinate, and volunteer at soup kitchens

2. Witnessing random acts of kindness

3. Seeing people on this site who rally around those who are hurting and really want to change, and watching them help those people reach their goals

4. Watching people in a race, sacrifice their time goal, to help a fallen racer up.

I could go on... Your turn. :)

Replies

• denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    My best friend.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    My family.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    When I was getting coffee before work yesterday, there was a Marine in line getting a few things. The guy behind him suddenly spoke up and offered to pay for it. He told the Marine "I appreciate your service". I thought it was a nice gesture.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    My family.

This.

Random acts of kindness
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Strangers holding the door open for one another
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Random strangers smiling at me on the street, or asking me about my day in the grocery store. All the people who stopped to ask if i needed help when i got a flat tire.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Hearing "Please", "Thank You" and "May I?" from my 6th grade students.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    This man, who resuscitated a kitten who'd stopped breathing in a fire.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSu8Wsu-1bKzmKNDiIsbb_hoNiD6GuyE3t81HoaSIKiNko_0n4z
  • jerknoir
    jerknoir Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    People who do nice things and don't expect cookies and *kitten* for doing them! Basically anyone who doesn't describe themselves as "Nice™" but actually is! When people are nice to janitors/customer service/wait staff/wrong numbers! Happy couples being happy! Free food! Genuine compliments! Yaaaaaay!
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    People who give to others.
  • Strokes_and_Lathers
    Strokes_and_Lathers Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    There are way too many to list. We see them everyday. The problem for the most part is that we only hear about the bad things that happen and rarely the good things. It's not nearly as bad as what the media portrays it to be,
  • VeeBethTris
    VeeBethTris Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    A little boy no more than 4 years old today stopped to hold the door open for me as I was leaving the YMCA. He did it with this big grin on his face :) What a great kid. Great kids from come from great parents :) Made my morning.
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Self sacrifice, good humor, and every time Stallone and/or Bruce Willis makes a movie.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    My kids, my husband, my family, my friends, my co-workers.

Random acts of kindness.

That someone on our street always plows the driveway/shovels the steps of our elderly neighbors - in fact sometimes there is a contest to see who can get there first, LOL, and it's always done anonymously.

That when my FIL was really sick and had just lost my MIL, the guy who painted their kitchen visited him in the hospital (no ties to him at all other than having worked for him for a week or so).
  • AllTehBeers
    Options
    Self sacrifice, good humor, and every time Stallone and/or Bruce Willis makes a movie.

Win.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    My oldest daughter, when she was two, was with my parents and walking into a store. My daughter saw an old woman with a walker trying to open the handicap door with her hands. She actually broke away from my parents, ran up to the woman, showed her the handicap button to open the door and pushed the button for her.

My parents got tears in their eyes... and I still get them when i think about it.
  • Strokes_and_Lathers
    Strokes_and_Lathers Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    My oldest daughter, when she was two, was with my parents and walking into a store. My daughter saw an old woman with a walker trying to open the handicap door with her hands. She actually broke away from my parents, ran up to the woman, showed her the handicap button to open the door and pushed the button for her.

My parents got tears in their eyes... and I still get them when i think about it.

That is awesome, thanks for sharing that
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options

This happens when parents do an awesome job.
  • AllTehBeers
    Options

:heart:
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    This man, who resuscitated a kitten who'd stopped breathing in a fire.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSu8Wsu-1bKzmKNDiIsbb_hoNiD6GuyE3t81HoaSIKiNko_0n4z

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.” – Mohandas K. Gandhi