Options

Replies

• Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
  • donald149
    donald149 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    The success stories on this website. An endless amount of people have turned their lives around. It keeps me going.
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    MagicalLeopleurodon Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Watching kids chase bugs, lizards, or butterflies just to see them up close.

parents who actually get off their phone when their child asks them to watch something.

people who let someone with 3-4 items in a buggy go ahead of them.

People singing and dancing to the radio in dead stopped traffic.

Adults splashing in puddles
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    tumblr_me1al9o0nv1r1iq3uo1_250.gif

So adorable!!
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    My coworker's grandson has kidney failure and is waiting for a kidney. We set up a donation jar at work for his home care expenses and I'm amazed at how many people give every day. A lot of people give every time they come in and it just goes to show that every dollar makes a difference.

If he has ESRD and is on dialysis, he should be getting medicare. My dialysis social worker set mine up for me when I was half dead in the hospital. SSI and medicaid, as well. It covered everything, like a really convenient donation jar.
  • Healthy_fresh_start
    Healthy_fresh_start Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Watching my AMAZING 2 year old niece go for plastic surgery and tackle her condition in her stride and still be the biggest kick *kitten* diva i have ever known!!! love her tons <3
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    A lot has been covered so I won't go over them.

People who give their seat up for those who need it.

People who return valuable items. I've seen a wallet with over $1000 returned money included.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    That people continuously stop by our table at a coffee shop, as my husband is doodling away, to tell him how much they love his work

My niece's teacher set up several sweet little "recess buddies" to play with her. She is 6, has Down Syndrome, and knowing how to interact with other kids is challenging for her. The best part is, the other kids genuinely adore her :flowerforyou: As they should, she's a lovely, kind, fun little girl!
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    My coworker's grandson has kidney failure and is waiting for a kidney. We set up a donation jar at work for his home care expenses and I'm amazed at how many people give every day. A lot of people give every time they come in and it just goes to show that every dollar makes a difference.

If he has ESRD and is on dialysis, he should be getting medicare. My dialysis social worker set mine up for me when I was half dead in the hospital. SSI and medicaid, as well. It covered everything, like a really convenient donation jar.

He's 5 years old. I don't think his medical coverage covers the time his parents have to take off work, food, clothes, the gas it takes to make the 3 hour trip to the hospital, plus the regular monthly bills.

I couldn't imagine dealing with that on top of real life.
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mjyr30ENGh1s51i29o1_500.jpg
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

ok... I cried.
  • grdnr03
    grdnr03 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    the great posts so far!!

a strangers smile!!
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Puppies and kittens.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

ok... I cried.

Ok good it wasn't just me.
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 673 Member
    Options

He's 5 years old. I don't think his medical coverage covers the time his parents have to take off work, food, clothes, the gas it takes to make the 3 hour trip to the hospital, plus the regular monthly bills.

I couldn't imagine dealing with that on top of real life.

Understandable. It was scary enough at 19 (my dad's hair turned white that first summer). It much be that much worse when you can't even pronounce "glomerulonephritis." But it's still extra income that is available.
  • kcgslp
    kcgslp Posts: 212
    Options
    Runners!

Is morning I ran a very hilly 5K race and finished in just over 23 min. After the race as I cooled down and tried to catch my breath a woman walked up to me with my headband! Appear fly it flew off my head at mile 1.0 and the woman stopped... In the middle of a RACE to get my headband. Then carried the rest of the race!
    I know it's a little thing compared to some of the wonderful things posted here but it made me smile! I smiled again when I noticed that she won her age group! Even after stopping for my headband.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    One time, I was at a kiosk that sold lemonade, and ONLY lemonade. The girl asked me what I wanted, and, slightly confused because there was only one option, I said "Lemonade, please." While I was waiting for my lemonade to be prepared, a man approached the kiosk and was asked the same question. Of course, he replied, "Lemonade, please." He looked very confused, though and kind of made a face. We made eye contact at that moment, and both burst out laughing, because we knew what the other was thinking. We literally had tears streaming down our faces.

Moments like that make me like people. Random connections made with others that serve to remind us that we aren't so different from one another.

I do realise that the girl working there meant "how many", but the way she asked what we would like to order made it very funny.

This cracked me up laughing too so thank you. I needed it and a thread like this right now.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    My fiance and I went to Taco Bell a few months back. The girl, her name was Xio, was really friendly and due to a miscommunication on our part got part of the order wrong. She ended up giving us the tacos they already started making for free. We were in really good moods and she was really nice, so we left her a note on a napkin and folded up 20 bucks in it. She was out on her break so I just handed her the napkin and walked to the car. Then I hear "Oh my God are you serious?!" And she comes running up to the car and she's crying and telling me she can't take it. I basically made her keep it and she gave me a hug and started crying. I haven't been back since, but sometimes I want to go back just to see how she's doing. Seeing the look on her face made my entire week. I hope she passed some kindness on to someone else that day :)