Things that restore your faith in society

Options

Replies

• PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    My oldest daughter, when she was two, was with my parents and walking into a store. My daughter saw an old woman with a walker trying to open the handicap door with her hands. She actually broke away from my parents, ran up to the woman, showed her the handicap button to open the door and pushed the button for her.

My parents got tears in their eyes... and I still get them when i think about it.

:flowerforyou:
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    My day job......I manage volunteers and it never ceases to amaze me how many selfless people are out there and how much they give back to this world. The reasons they do it, how kind-hearted they are.....all of it!!
  • fayeonherway
    Options
    People. There are so many wonderful beings among us. They genuinely care for humanity and the well being of others.
  • sem41278
    sem41278 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    This post. Positivity in the face of negativity.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    My coworker's grandson has kidney failure and is waiting for a kidney. We set up a donation jar at work for his home care expenses and I'm amazed at how many people give every day. A lot of people give every time they come in and it just goes to show that every dollar makes a difference.
  • AllTehBeers
    Options
    This post. Positivity in the face of negativity.

I love reading all the happy stories. It makes me feel fuzzy inside :p
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    There are way too many to list. We see them everyday. The problem for the most part is that we only hear about the bad things that happen and rarely the good things. It's not nearly as bad as what the media portrays it to be,

I agree, I would like to hear about how many people had a safe flight to visit friends and family, rescued animals, stories about people who work hard to reach their goals, beautiful scenery and weather, local musical concerts, theatre and other local talent, people coming together who share interests and do good things for other people, and so on. Although I think it's important to know what is going on in the world I limit my exposure to the news. I believe that there are good people and good things happening everywhere in the world. Sometimes where the most horrific events are occurring is where people's kindness shines the brightest.
  • Ztefh
    Ztefh Posts: 17
    Options
    My neighbor, who is dirt-poor, who gives everything he owns to others every day. (Myself included. He gave me two goldfish when I got my television-aquarium built finally.)
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    A child's laughter, the most wonderful sound in the world.
  • AllTehBeers
    Options
    My neighbor, who is dirt-poor, who gives everything he owns to others every day. (Myself included. He gave me two goldfish when I got my television-aquarium built finally.)

Giving is addicting. I don't have much, but there's not much that makes me happier then giving.
  • vivaldirules
    vivaldirules Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    All the people here and elsewhere coming to grips with their former delusional behaviors and now trying to help others do the same.
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    People who do for others,not just when it's the holidays or when something tragic happens.

A neighbor of mine, who is fresh out of a long term abusive marriage,uses the time her six children are in school to volunteer at the local council on aging doing activities and cooking meals.She is so thankful to those who helped her leave her marriage she wanted to do something good for others.

And the innocence of children always restores my faith.My daughter still believing in fairies and Santa and that the characters at Disney are real.Always perks me up after a long day:smile:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    One time, I was at a kiosk that sold lemonade, and ONLY lemonade. The girl asked me what I wanted, and, slightly confused because there was only one option, I said "Lemonade, please." While I was waiting for my lemonade to be prepared, a man approached the kiosk and was asked the same question. Of course, he replied, "Lemonade, please." He looked very confused, though and kind of made a face. We made eye contact at that moment, and both burst out laughing, because we knew what the other was thinking. We literally had tears streaming down our faces.

Moments like that make me like people. Random connections made with others that serve to remind us that we aren't so different from one another.

I do realise that the girl working there meant "how many", but the way she asked what we would like to order made it very funny.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    tumblr_me1al9o0nv1r1iq3uo1_250.gif
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me happy.

JDpxc_zps117b66dd.jpg
  • WinnerVictorious
    Options
    amazing-photos-181.jpg

amazing-photos-151.jpg
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    My friend Jill... Aka Groomchick.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Women who are ok with casual sex.
  • WinnerVictorious
    Options
    amazing-photos-311.jpg
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    A child's laughter, the most wonderful sound in the world.

Word