Black Team week ? -- Pollyanna Challenge

Options

Replies

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm glad you went to a new doctor, even if she was just as dumb as the last. I have to admit, I'm a little worried about you going off the meds completely. It doesn't work well for you to go off, but maybe it's just something you have to work through, since your body is used to it, it needs to learn to function without it for getting rid of the water. I am hoping. Yes, stay off the scale, you will drive yourself insane otherwise.

Ahh, my friend, we will be here to listen to the torture your body puts you through when you stop those pills. Hugs.

Okay-- well, actually, here is my goal and vow to you this week, my friends-- I shall whine not this week about the water that I'm sure I'll begin to hold. We'll see how this goes.

Hubs found out today about the flowers I bought and planted and was a wee bit upset-- but, it was comical. I pulled a Lucy Ricardo, and it all blew over-- I love working my man. Hahahaha.

Need to scoot-- nutty day.

Later.
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,759 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm glad you went to a new doctor, even if she was just as dumb as the last. I have to admit, I'm a little worried about you going off the meds completely. It doesn't work well for you to go off, but maybe it's just something you have to work through, since your body is used to it, it needs to learn to function without it for getting rid of the water. I am hoping. Yes, stay off the scale, you will drive yourself insane otherwise.

Ahh, my friend, we will be here to listen to the torture your body puts you through when you stop those pills. Hugs.

Okay-- well, actually, here is my goal and vow to you this week, my friends-- I shall whine not this week about the water that I'm sure I'll begin to hold. We'll see how this goes.

Hubs found out today about the flowers I bought and planted and was a wee bit upset-- but, it was comical. I pulled a Lucy Ricardo, and it all blew over-- I love working my man. Hahahaha.

Later.

You know we are here if you need to vent. I figure the doctor will see you in about a week, with sky high blood pressure and the effects of Sponge Marla and will wonder why indeed she didn't just give you a new medication to begin with! Yeesh! I'm sorry, but if somebody needs BP meds, it seems ridiculous to send them away and tell them to come back in a month. A month? Just make sure you stay on top of the BP my friend, personally, I would take it daily- at least once a day.
  • Marla64
    Options

Later.

You know we are here if you need to vent. I figure the doctor will see you in about a week, with sky high blood pressure and the effects of Sponge Marla and will wonder why indeed she didn't just give you a new medication to begin with! Yeesh! I'm sorry, but if somebody needs BP meds, it seems ridiculous to send them away and tell them to come back in a month. A month? Just make sure you stay on top of the BP my friend, personally, I would take it daily- at least once a day.

Oh, I will-- especially as the water begins to increase and the headaches start.

Typical doctor talked to me like an idiot at first-- totally ticked me off. At one point asked me, "So, why are you gaining weight?" I told her, "You tell me. That's why I'm here." Told her that it's not a plateau. A plateau is fine. Okay, so I'm not losing. Bad enough, but oh, well-- but gaining and puffy? Hello???

And, no I'm not menopausal-- still can set a clock to my cycle. So, yes, I'm getting older. But, so what are you saying, doctor? Pre-menopausal women who eat 1400 calories daily, who count calories, exercise faithfully and take care of their health will just routinely and normally GAIN weight?

I'm not buying it.

Also, she said she can't take more blood tests until the end of July because my insurance company won't pay for it.

Also said the high sodium and chloride in my last tests indicate dehydration-- hmmmm-- so, we'll see how this all goes.

Need to go run-- later!

Thanks, as always, for the support-- you raise me up, my friend.
  • 72lori
    Options
    Logged my food and for once I'm way under for the day. Cool cause I'm still hungry and I need a snack. :bigsmile:

Hubs just left for the night, he had to go have a sleep study done. There is a calm in the air. Just sayin'.

I cut all the boys hair tonight. I really should have taken the time to color mine, ahhhh, another day, I'm popped. I need to watch Grey's Anatomy from last week yet, I think maybe I'll do that after my shower. I'm ready to crash. This week has been busy and it's nowhere near over yet.

Tomorrow I have to take the oldest, my step son to the surgeon at the hospital in Pensacola, about an hour from here. He's got pectus excavatum (basically his chest caves in and his is quite severe, although luckily it doesn't affect his heart or lungs) and he needs surgery. This has been a year long process going to doctor after doctor to be told we should have gone here first instead, blah, blah. We finally met with a cardiologist 2 months or so ago and she has been awesome and has been advocating for us and what we need. Currently we are in the process of fighting the insurance, they want us to go to Pensacola for the surgery, we would rather go with our doctor's recommendation of Atlanta, even though it's a distance away.

Anyway, to make a long story short, the appointment tomorrow is to decide if we feel comfortable with the doctors in Pensacola doing the surgery. Hubs can't go along. Now it's all my call, my judgement, my opinion of how I feel. I hate that, even if it were one of my boys, even more that it's my step son. Yes, I basically make all decisions about the kids but sometimes it feels weird, especially since his mom is local, although not been involved in this process at all, so not really sure how much she would have to offer as far as input.

How do you decide if somebody is the best choice to cut open your sons chest and break his ribs and put in bars to form them the way they should be formed anyway? Just wondering.......
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    Prayers to you my dear friend Marla - So happy to hear you went to the doctors. Stick to you guns. We do know our bodies better than anyone else. I am also worried about you waiting a month before reporting back. The way you were the last time you went off meds wasn't very pleasant for you.

Lori - Good luck with your son. How is he doing with all of this? Is he anxious to get the surgery done? Are you kids done with school now?

My weigh in day tomorrow. I haven't sent my numbers to Andrew in a while..is anyone still doing that? I changed my day to Thursday. More of a mindset if I sinned over the weekend I had 4 days to work it off. So far it has been working for me. We will see what tomorrow brings.

Tonight I am thankful for my Black Team!
    Good night to all! Hope everyone has a fabulous night!:heart:
  • zippy111
    Options
    Happy Wednesday friends!

So, I've tried something new this week. I've worked out. Watched what I ate and how much and I even LOGGED it. Making sure I've eaten enough fiber. And guess what. The scale has gone down. Huh...who would've thunk it? :laugh: Now who's got the 2 x 4 that can be used to smack me upside my head?

Katie you kill me!:laugh: Keep at it girl!
  • Marla64
    Options
    Logged my food and for once I'm way under for the day. Cool cause I'm still hungry and I need a snack. :bigsmile:

Hubs just left for the night, he had to go have a sleep study done. There is a calm in the air. Just sayin'.

I cut all the boys hair tonight. I really should have taken the time to color mine, ahhhh, another day, I'm popped. I need to watch Grey's Anatomy from last week yet, I think maybe I'll do that after my shower. I'm ready to crash. This week has been busy and it's nowhere near over yet.

Tomorrow I have to take the oldest, my step son to the surgeon at the hospital in Pensacola, about an hour from here. He's got pectus excavatum (basically his chest caves in and his is quite severe, although luckily it doesn't affect his heart or lungs) and he needs surgery. This has been a year long process going to doctor after doctor to be told we should have gone here first instead, blah, blah. We finally met with a cardiologist 2 months or so ago and she has been awesome and has been advocating for us and what we need. Currently we are in the process of fighting the insurance, they want us to go to Pensacola for the surgery, we would rather go with our doctor's recommendation of Atlanta, even though it's a distance away.

Anyway, to make a long story short, the appointment tomorrow is to decide if we feel comfortable with the doctors in Pensacola doing the surgery. Hubs can't go along. Now it's all my call, my judgement, my opinion of how I feel. I hate that, even if it were one of my boys, even more that it's my step son. Yes, I basically make all decisions about the kids but sometimes it feels weird, especially since his mom is local, although not been involved in this process at all, so not really sure how much she would have to offer as far as input.

How do you decide if somebody is the best choice to cut open your sons chest and break his ribs and put in bars to form them the way they should be formed anyway? Just wondering.......

Holy Moly, Lori-- what a decision to have to make-- God bless you tomorrow-- you'll be fine. You're a strong woman!!!
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,067 Member
    Options
    A quick good morning my friends, have to go to school - will be back later
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    So............uh Marla and Lori.............thanks for the perpsective on life.
    Lori-I have no idea how to make that decision. I think you will know in your heart what is right.

Marla-sheesh.............even with health care and doctors you still cant get a break. It kills me when they do not LISTEN. I am blessed in this area because I have a wonderful PCP who listens and hears what I say. Oh and every time I go he looks at my weight and gives me a cheesy smile:bigsmile:

Good morning to all ! I am off to close some files hopefully and relieve a bit of my stress level. We shall see.:flowerforyou:
  • 72lori
    Options
    Thanks all for the encouragement. I guess in the end you ask informed questions and go from there. We initially thought he could get a Nuss bar put in, bar goes in under armpit, to other armpit side, it's flipped and breatbone is popped out, fairly non invasive.... in the scope of a metal bar being inserted in your body. Our doctor had her preferred surgeon look at his case and he doesn't think that will work that Nathan's is too severe. At that point it changes everything and the surgery will be more invasive, incision down middle of the chest, longer recovery time, etc. So, my main question is how many of these has this surgeon done and what his success rate has been. We shall see. The surgeon our doctor was pushing is a pediactri cardio thoracic surgeon, the one we see today is just a pediactric general surgeon. I have to admit I like the more specialized doctor when they are cutting into one of my kids, but I will keep an open mind and ask all the 'right' questions.

Regardless, we aren't looking at doing this until hubs gets back. We really wanted it done before he left, but the process has been too time consuming. It's not an emergency, however it needs done and the sooner the better. The more he grows the worse it gets. It's to the point that it is somewhat visible even through clothes. From a self esteem perspective, DS wants it done and wanted it done even before we were sure it was medially necessary.

Well, I need to get off here and get ready to roll. The hospital is right next to the mall...... :love: .... you all know my shopping addiction! We are going out to dinner and to a club with a group of my friends from the gym this weekend. They see me everyday in workout clothes, minimal makeup, hair in a ponytail and covered in sweat. I want to look smokin'! :smokin: Granted, I have a few dresses in my closet I'm thinking about.... but a girl has to keep her options open. What if the perfect outfit exsists at the mall? How would I know if I don't go?
  • Marla64
    Options
    Someone with a similar problem-- hmmmmmmmm. This was me yesterday at the doctor.

Take a look--

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDchb9nB83k

Heading out to plant the rest of my flowers somewhere-- hubs put the kibosh on more spending which is wise in the face of our mortgage crisis--

He's with Sarah today at a practice round for the U.S. Women's Open qualifier. The sectional qualifier is local to us this year-- a real blessing, only 25 minutes away. She'll have 36 holes to play on Tuesday-- top 4 advance to the U.S. Women's Open in Pittsburgh, I think, this year.

Hope everyone has a great day.
  • zippy111
    Options
    Someone with a similar problem-- hmmmmmmmm. This was me yesterday at the doctor.

Take a look--

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDchb9nB83k

Heading out to plant the rest of my flowers somewhere-- hubs put the kibosh on more spending which is wise in the face of our mortgage crisis--

He's with Sarah today at a practice round for the U.S. Women's Open qualifier. The sectional qualifier is local to us this year-- a real blessing, only 25 minutes away. She'll have 36 holes to play on Tuesday-- top 4 advance to the U.S. Women's Open in Pittsburgh, I think, this year.

Hope everyone has a great day.

:laugh: :laugh: You kill me Great flick!

Best of luck to Sarah! Beautiful day for golf!
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,936 Member
    Options
    Today I am thankful that we've been able to pay off 3 separate doctors' bills. So I say, "3 down, 2 (for now) to go."
  • 72lori
    Options
    Today I am thankful I got home before hubs, removed tags from purchases, hid bags, hung clothes in closet like they've always been there. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Funny, cause hubs doesn't really care and he will notice when I wear something new, but I feel better doing it my way.

Nathan's appointment was nothing to write home about. I wanted to leave with a clear feeling of what to do. I don't have one. I emailed his cardiologist for more advice. It feels like it's to the flip a coin phase cause there is no right or wrong answer.

Band concert tonight, gotta get an early dinner ready. The kids just ate a snack, hubs just called and said he picked up a sandwich at 3:30 in the afternoon. Is anybody really going to eat at 5 so we can be at the school by 6? Makes me not want to cook..... haha......like I need an excuse! Seriously though. They will pick at it, say they aren't hungry and I'll be ticked I wasted my time.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Today I am thankful I got home before hubs, removed tags from purchases, hid bags, hung clothes in closet like they've always been there. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Funny, cause hubs doesn't really care and he will notice when I wear something new, but I feel better doing it my way.

That's how I was with the flowers and the flower pots-- actually, with the whole painting/flower thing after he got home, I swear we pulled a Lucy and Ricky Ricardo thing-- cracks me up.

Lucy? Who bought this painters tape? Why did you buy this painter's tape? To paint? To paint what? The girls' room??!!
    Lucy? How much did you pay for this flower pot? What??!!

Only thing that was missing was him breaking into Spanish when he learned the cost-- ha.
  • 72lori
    Options

That's how I was with the flowers and the flower pots-- actually, with the whole painting/flower thing after he got home, I swear we pulled a Lucy and Ricky Ricardo thing-- cracks me up.

Lucy? Who bought this painters tape? Why did you buy this painter's tape? To paint? To paint what? The girls' room??!!

Only thing that was missing was him breaking into Spanish when he learned the cost-- ha.

My husband rarely asks what something costs, it's better that way. I share when I get stuff dirt cheap, I offer the amount, I think he thinks everything I buy is practically free. :noway: He's a good man. In all fairness to him, he works hard, spends little and doesn't ask too many questions about where the money goes.
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Great day here my friends...

Got up 330 am
    ate french toast and coffee
    headed to gymat 430
    gym opened at 5
    worked out til 6
    home showered,daughter showered make up'ed hair done..daughter hair done
    640 at work
    inspection people coming today...stressed want to do agood job...
    Inspection people got there just as I clocked out
    make exellcent money
    145 off to get daughter from school
    3 pm off to new york and company for outfit since DD graduates from kindergarten tomorrow
    had 30 dollar worth of coupons and 50 dollar gift card
    spends 90 dollars and only had to pay 6.89..
    oh yeah and the shorts and capri'si bought were size 6 and the shirts I bought were medium....I didnt have to go to the big girl area...OOOOMMMMMMGGG
    then to get my toe nail polish changed since I bought a peach shirt at new york and company
    4 p..talked to mom she has lost 8 pounds this week...totally stoked
    What an amazing day it has been my friend..I am ready for weigh in tomorrow,if I gain i gain if I dont I dont..

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

Marla- I could have spoken the spanish for you i am fleunt in it.

Lori- I will keep you in my prayers about your son..My son will have to have open heart surgrey some day also./.he has a bad valve..

Well off to walmart gotta buy a tape to record daughter graduation tomorrow!!
  • Marla64
    Options

My husband rarely asks what something costs, it's better that way. I share when I get stuff dirt cheap, I offer the amount, I think he thinks everything I buy is practically free. :noway: He's a good man. In all fairness to him, he works hard, spends little and doesn't ask too many questions about where the money goes.

what a coincidence-- mine works little, spends hard and is full of questions-- :laugh: :wink:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

what a coincidence-- mine works little, spends hard and is full of questions-- :laugh: :wink:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • 72lori
    Options
    Marla- :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Tamara- in this whole process with our son we found out he also has a bicuspid aortic valve, it's working fine now, but chances are someday it will need replaced, we now will add yearly echo-cardiograms to his list of stuff to do