Clean vs. Junk - does it really matter?

Replies

• JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Eating processed foods and unnatural chemicals is fattening-starvation. Your body cannot process the foods but there are no nutrients in what you're eating that it needs to survive, so it takes and stores whatever it can from the crap you eat, and then fights like crazy to get rid of what it can't use or even digest. Do yourself a favor and clean it up! Eat food that's actually food, not the chemical crap the Fed is trying to pass for food these days.

Next time you go to reach for a processed treat or something in the drive-thru, just take off your shoe and eat that instead. It'll be about the same nutritionally and will save you money. :p

Lol, quoted for the cray and "the Fed" - what does the American Monetary Reserve have to do with donuts?

Oh, I'm sorry. Apparently I need to be more descriptive. "The Fed" can also describe the FDA, which is the FEDERALLY RUN ADMINISTRATION implementing laws and criteria regarding the safe growing, selling and eating of food items under the United States Department of Health and Human Services. It's been my experience that "the Fed" is useful in describing circumstances involving "The Federal Government."

Anyway....

In all seriousness, it makes more sense to use the term "the feds" in that situation. "The fed" specifically means the Federal Reserve.

It's like DOE. Technically it could be Department of Education, but it's used exclusively for the Department of Energy. The Department of Education is typically called the ED.

Thanks for the lesson in Terminology. I found it to be both relevant and necessary to the topic of this thread. Also, thanks for calling me out on it. I was unaware that MFP threads counted as legal documents that require proper language before submittal. From now on I'll be sure to draft each one and error check before posting. :)

Man, people really don't like to learn they did something wrong, do they? Good lord.

I appreciate when people politely correct me when I make a mistake.

Kind of off topic, but are you aware how corrupt the FDA is in the US? It's shocking, I had to do a research product on this in class (I'm from Australia) and seems the FDA gets all its funding from the pic pharma companies. Don't trust everything they put out there guys...
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member

Kind of off topic, but are you aware how corrupt the FDA is in the US? It's shocking, I had to do a research product on this in class (I'm from Australia) and seems the FDA gets all its funding from the pic pharma companies. Don't trust everything they put out there guys...

Most of us look to peer reviewed studies that come not solely from the US - gets that issue out of the way
  • JessHealthKick
    Eating processed foods and unnatural chemicals is fattening-starvation. Your body cannot process the foods but there are no nutrients in what you're eating that it needs to survive, so it takes and stores whatever it can from the crap you eat, and then fights like crazy to get rid of what it can't use or even digest. Do yourself a favor and clean it up! Eat food that's actually food, not the chemical crap the Fed is trying to pass for food these days.

Next time you go to reach for a processed treat or something in the drive-thru, just take off your shoe and eat that instead. It'll be about the same nutritionally and will save you money. :p

Lol, quoted for the cray and "the Fed" - what does the American Monetary Reserve have to do with donuts?

Oh, I'm sorry. Apparently I need to be more descriptive. "The Fed" can also describe the FDA, which is the FEDERALLY RUN ADMINISTRATION implementing laws and criteria regarding the safe growing, selling and eating of food items under the United States Department of Health and Human Services. It's been my experience that "the Fed" is useful in describing circumstances involving "The Federal Government."

Anyway....

In all seriousness, it makes more sense to use the term "the feds" in that situation. "The fed" specifically means the Federal Reserve.

It's like DOE. Technically it could be Department of Education, but it's used exclusively for the Department of Energy. The Department of Education is typically called the ED.

Thanks for the lesson in Terminology. I found it to be both relevant and necessary to the topic of this thread. Also, thanks for calling me out on it. I was unaware that MFP threads counted as legal documents that require proper language before submittal. From now on I'll be sure to draft each one and error check before posting. :)

Man, people really don't like to learn they did something wrong, do they? Good lord.

:yawn:

A polite correction would have excluded the "LOL" and the sarcasm, and stated the fact from a non-objective standpoint. You were trolling me and wrote the statement in a way reserved for A. Belittling others or B. Busting balls with friends. Since we obviously don't know each other, the former is the likely explanation. Instead of claiming others don't like to hear that they're wrong, perhaps you should be more attentive to how you address others. Other people's reactions to your choice of communication is nobody's problem but yours.

That was me. I'm sorry you are upset. But frankly your paranoid delusion post about "the fed" and your follow up post are really too devoid of serious conversational content to be taken seriously.

You start by calling food I eat crap and expect people to treat you nicely? Please, I don't eat *kitten*. Ms. Rudepants.

if you eat this, then you are eating CRAP :laugh:

Carbonated Drinks
    Refined Sugars
    Artificial Colours and Sweeteners
    Processed Foods

:tongue:
  • Sarauk2sf

Anyway....

A polite correction would have excluded the "LOL" and the sarcasm, and stated the fact from a non-objective standpoint. You were trolling me and wrote the statement in a way reserved for A. Belittling others or B. Busting balls with friends. Since we obviously don't know each other, the former is the likely explanation. Instead of claiming others don't like to hear that they're wrong, perhaps you should be more attentive to how you address others. Other people's reactions to your choice of communication is nobody's problem but yours.

That was me. I'm sorry you are upset. But frankly your paranoid delusion post about "the fed" and your follow up post are really too devoid of serious conversational content to be taken seriously.

You start by calling food I eat crap and expect people to treat you nicely? Please, I don't eat *kitten*. Ms. Rudepants.

Carbonated Drinks
    Refined Sugars
    Processed Foods

Rude and judgmental.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member

Anyway....

Carbonated Drinks
    Refined Sugars
    Processed Foods

Your diary is full of processed foods.
  • JessHealthKick

Most of us look to peer reviewed studies that come not solely from the US - gets that issue out of the way

Ah that's good to hear!!! I haven't read this whole thread, but saw that post about it and was a little concerned... not all the guidelines are good :/ what about that stupid food pyramid they're still teaching in schools?!!
  • Sarauk2sf

Ah that's good to hear!!! I haven't read this whole thread, but saw that post about it and was a little concerned... not all the guidelines are good :/ what about that stupid food pyramid they're still teaching in schools?!!

Which guidelines?
  • dgljones
    dgljones Posts: 89
    Just losing pounds, then a calorie is a calorie.
    Caring about your long term health then you need to understand what your body needs to function correctly and eat that, not just what your inner toddler is screaming for.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member

They've switched to MyPlate, which is marginally better.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member

Anyway....

Did you get a good grade? The FDA gets less than half of its funding from user fees. It's a fee per application basis not random interest funding. /smh

Edit: too harsh
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member

They've switched to MyPlate, which is marginally better.

very, VERY marginally... it's still awful.
  • Sarauk2sf

Anyway....

Did you get an F? The FDA gets less than half of its funding from user fees. It's a fee per application basis not random interest funding. /smh

People seem to think that the FDA does all the research in the world and is the 'face' of big pharma for some reason.
  • CoachReddy

Anyway....

Did you get an F? The FDA gets less than half of its funding from user fees. It's a fee per application basis not random interest funding. /smh

People seem to think that the FDA does all the research in the world and is the 'face' of big pharma for some reason.

they are inextricably linked... the FDA is what allows drugs to be put on the market for mass human testing...

also what IS this thread?? haha
  • Sarauk2sf

Anyway....

they are inextricably linked... the FDA is what allows drugs to be put on the market for mass human testing...

See bold.

Also...not all research is about drugs.
  • CoachReddy

Anyway....

See bold.

mah bad. :flowerforyou:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member

tin-foil-hat.jpg

meme-meme-generator-i-don-t-always-wear-tin-foil-hats-but-when-i-do-i-smear-peanutbutter-allover-myself-e4f5be.jpg
  • Sarauk2sf

mah bad. :flowerforyou:

:smile:
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    38089409_640.jpg

This is all I have to add.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member

Anyway....

Carbonated Drinks
    Refined Sugars
    Processed Foods

Oh, I'm safe, I only eat RAP.
  • JessHealthKick

Anyway....

meow, calm down and have a flower to cheer up :flowerforyou:

Luckily I got a D. And in Australia D isn't bad it means I got about 80% actually (Distinction) so bite me.

I was simply mentioning something far in the vaults of my memories. If you really want to argue PM me and I'll happily dig up the assignment for you, but I don't see the need. This is silly.