C25K Beginnners

Options

Replies

• nikki_zav
    nikki_zav Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Just started my W2D1!!! It felt great and I added two extra intervals on to the end, totaling to 2.22 miles!!

Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend. Keep up the great work this week ;)
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    completed W1D2 today. whew! was really sweatin' it out! went a little farther and a little faster then the first day, in same amount of time. so far, so good. Looking forward to day 3! I feel amazing when my 30 minutes is up! yay! here's to a great week folks!
  • lisa811
    lisa811 Posts: 363
    Options
    Good job, Kelly and Nikki!

I did W2D1 this morning. It went well! The 5th run was tough because it ended up being uphill, but I pushed through it. I'm really enjoying this program.
  • edelq
    edelq Posts: 111
    Options
    Hi, mind if I join in? I completed W2 D1 yesterday,, was tougher than I thought it would be! But I got through it ok in the end! I'm doing a 10 K charity walk on the weekend, so I think I might need to do Week 2 twice if I can't get enough jogging in this week, or am too tired after the walk! But I am hoping to keep this up and go straight through.

Are people doing other exercise? I walk on the nights I don't do this, and every morning I've been doing 30 Day Shred also. Today I was just exhausted, so I Think I'll take a few days off from 30 DS as I need to be feeling ok for the walk on Monday.

I know at the minute it's only 90 seconds I'm running for, but it does feel great to be able to do it! :)
  • lrberchielli
    Options
    Starting W2 D1 tomorrow (as long as I don't get rained out). Does anyone find recovering difficult? I don't mean directly after the run, more like I need a nap to get through the rest of my day.
  • kelly_a
    Options
    how's everyone doing here? tomorrow I will do day 3 of the first week. it is going pretty well so far. I've just started back exercising last week..so am just past the early muscle soreness. I am also doing Leslie Sansone's WATP's with 3 lbs wts, 2 mile...on my "off day" from C25K. On that day I also do a 5 & 8 lb weighted ball workout ( bout 23 min ) with Mia Finnegan. Soon, I will be adding a stretch and tone workout. My plan is to start JM 30 day shred when I am done with C25K. I want to run in some 5K's this Fall.

I usually only feel tired if I have not gotten enuf sleep the nite before. It also helps me to eat a healthy carb, protein and fat post workout and plenty of water.

Good luck everyone! Soon we'll be C25K grad's!
  • nikki_zav
    Options
    I did W2D2 today. Tacked on a few extra intervals to the end and went 2.79 miles and averaged a 14:24 min a mile pace!!! My legs were hating me during the last two intervals, but it felt amazing when I got home and started chugging water.

Keep up the great work everyone!!
  • kelly_a
    Options
    Finished week 1 yesterday. I increased my distance too...so that means I am getting a little faster. today is my rest day, so I'm not sure if I will start W2 Friday or Saturday. keep on keepin' on!
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone!

Welcome to all the new comers!

Sorry I been MIA...Long weekend with the family.

I was suppose to do week 5 this week, but I am going to be sticking to week 4 for another couple of weeks because I like the interval training. I usually do 3 - 5 minutes running ( treadmill still) then 90 seconds walking...for about 30 minutes. Love it!

How is everyone doing?
  • Robin1109
    Robin1109 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I've been meaning to start this program for the LONGEST time! Now that I recently joined a gym, I have no excuse not to. I meant to stick with Wk1 this week but life got in the way a little bit. I did the first few workouts but am going to start over again Monday so as not to cheat the system.

How is everyone finding the program as an assistant to weight loss?
  • kelly_a
    Options
    How is everyone finding the program as an assistant to weight loss?

I have been back "on track" for about a week now. I am expecting a larger amount of my loss will be water tomorrow when I have my weigh in. After that, I'm sure things will slow down. I am interested as well, since I am on wk 2. I know that just in the first week, I am improving, cardiovascular, endurance, etc .... basically, overall fitness. My hope is that jogging will become an exercise habit for me!

Have a great C25K day!
  • lrberchielli
    Options
    Okay I am rained in again today. I need to find access to a treadmill or join a gym.
  • nikki_zav
    Options
    Hey everyone!! So it looks like we are all falling behind on posting our C25K accomplishments. I've been keeping up with it, just not posting on here. Just started W3D1 today!!! It feels great!! I hope you are all doing well too. If you took a few days off, don't worry. Pick up where you left off, or even repeat a week if you need to.
  • kelly_a
    Options
    ok, I'm kinda confused as to which thread to post on....so I have visited both. this one seems a little quieter. I am still doing the program. did W2D2 today. I think I did my jog at too fast a speed, cuz I was struggling a little, then I got a side stitch, but I did finish the workout. anyway, if feels great to be jogging.....let them ol calories just roll off! good luck everyone. stick with it! we can do this!

good job nikki! yay YOU!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/100297-join-me-for-a-round-of-c25k-starting-6-7-10?page=1#posts-1391851
  • nikki_zav
    Options
    Thanks Kelly!

Sounds like your moving right along with it too! I took the weekend off and definitely need to get back on track today. I think I'm on W3D2 this afternoon, though I'll probably consider it D1....so I can round out the week with all W3 jogs.

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!
  • Robin1109
    Options
    I just started W2 D1...did it this morning. I have to say I'm pleasantly not sore or falling over from being out of breath! Although, I did spend two weeks on Week1 but that was more because I didn't give it a strong 3 days the first week and I wanted to do this right.

How everyone else doing?
  • nikki_zav
    Options
    Great job Robin!! I've extended a few of mine too. Doesn't matter how quick you get through each level...matters that you get out there and do it!!

Had a LONG stressful day at work and wanted nothing more than eat crappy food and lay up on the couch and/or drink. Instead...did an intense round of W3D2ish. Extended out the intervals with extra 3 min walk & runs on the end....3.3 miles in 46 min! HRM said 564 calories. Feels fabulous!
  • Robin1109
    Options
    Nikki, that's fantastic!!

A little off topic but what kind of HRM do you use? I'm looking to purchase one because I don't think I can trust the calorie trackers on the gym machines.
  • nikki_zav
    Options
    I didn't trust them either. Plus wanted to track all kinds of activities like mowing the lawn and I play ice hockey. Both great calorie burners!!

I bought a Polar F6 and love it. So simple an easy to use. I bought it from my local running store for $100, but you can find them on amazon as well for a few bucks cheaper.

http://www.amazon.com/Women-92s-Polar-Heart-Monitor-Coral/dp/B000F6DV4G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1276632617&sr=8-1
  • Robin1109
    Options
    Awesome, thanks! Yeah, I'd be interested to know how many calories I actually burn playing on my floor hockey team and even just cleaning the house one day!