Replies

• gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I prefer: "What up, my peeps!"
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Ok. Hypothetical situation here. You are in a public forum.... say a grocery store. You walk away after paying, and you drop a $20 bill on the floor. You are already moving on in your head, and someone else notices and grabs the bill and need to get your attention to inform you that you dropped your money. What should he call you to get your attention?

I personally would either say miss, or maam depending on whether they were older than me or not. I have heard people say "Hey lady." before. Would that offend?
  • Shellbug75
    Shellbug75 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Ladies doesn't bother me. However, ma'am does. It just makes me feel old. Especially if it's some 20 year old calling me that. But then I have to think that is is a sign of being polite and I get over it.
  • dkmuzzy
    dkmuzzy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    "Ladies" does not offend me. For reasons I'm not quite able to articulate, "Females" does. We're not merely the female of the species; we're WOMEN, dammit! We're so much more than the physical body parts that make us female. We're fully evolved WOMEN. We're a freakin' FORCE TO BE RECKONED WITH, SON!

Whoa... sorry... dunno what just happened there. :blushing:
  • DandelionCupcakes
    DandelionCupcakes Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    IMO there are two appropriate times to say 'ladies'
    1.If you work at a retail store, and a group of women walks in.
    Example: "Hi, ladies! Welcome to chainsaw land, let me know if I can help you trim your bushes"

2. If you're creepy.
    Example: "I am a creature that lurks the depths of the internet, come at me ladies ;D"

I like you!
    :flowerforyou:
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    It's generational. I'm always going to call women, Ladies or Ma'am. Even the b*tches.
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies. Complaining about petty sh!it like this has the opposite effect. You don't seem commanding of respect, but rather like you have time to whine about things that no man ever would.
  • txin1
    txin1 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    If you're from the south, ma'am and sir are just a way of life. IMO.