While working out do you think about...

Options

Replies

• Beba40
    Beba40 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Whilst doing Turbofire, seeing I've only done 10 minutes & thinking I'm done!! Seeing I've got 10 minutes to go until I'm finished & thinking O thank you!!
    Disagreeing with Chalene - I'm not tired, I'm completely knackered! Afterwards feeling like I could do another!!! Lol!

To motivate myself, I think about - keep going a bit longer/shopping for new smaller size clothes/fit, sexy beach body.

On my bike, I think 2 more minutes/go until the next song/the next break on tv. Next time I try to improve on time or increase resistance.

I'm also aware of my form, effort and intensity when exercising and trying to do that right.
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    in general i just go on instinct sorta go blank. other then breathing
    on the bike it's only about what gear do i need to get up or down that hill. and "man my *kitten* hurts".
    with weights/core training it's just the reps and how much pain i'm in.
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    The next kettlebell swing, pull-up or yoga pose alignment. No time to be distracted.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i think about where i'm going to prop up my cellphone to take a really good selfie.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    3. Counting laps/reps

In the moment, I'm focused on lifting with good form as it's usually blood heavy. :laugh:

Between sets, I'll either be listening to an audio book (if training alone) or talking with gym buddies (but not whoever is carrying out their set as they need to concentrate).
  • agggie550
    agggie550 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I think about how good I look in the mirrors, and why i dont have wall to wall mirrors installed in my house, then i start to wonder off an wonder how that old guy is working out with a fanny pack, or the guy next to him smells alot like the cigar store, i wonder if he smokes a pipe, then i wonder if the guy next to me knows how stupid he looks in his vibrums or if he really think they help his form ... or the guy behind on the lat row machine, if he realizes that putting 6 plates on each side and barely pulling an inch really isnt doing anything for him, or why the guy doing dead lift feels the need to slam the weights when he is only dead lifting 135 lbs (not heavy) then i think about dinner or what i want for dinner, or what other people might having for dinner.. then i think man this is a really good song, to bad there are people here or i would start singing while im working. Thats my usual train of though.t.
  • SteelersFan7
    SteelersFan7 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I do math in my head.
    I don't know why and I wish I could stop. :I

I do this too. I also wish I could stop... I don't even like math.
  • RattieLove
    RattieLove Posts: 125
    Options
    I am highly educated and very cerebral, so it is difficult to turn my brain off. However, when I am doing yoga and strength exercises, I do find I need to concentrate on what I am doing. If I start letting my mind wander too much, that's when I lose my balance, or lift improperly and injure myself. Now, when I am doing cardio, running, biking, etc. I think about all sorts of things. Sometimes, I get some great ideas while getting the aerobic exercise. My art, , relationships, politics, science, sex, it's all fair game then.

I thought this might be a joke after that first sentence. Seriously? lol

LOL I was thinking the same thing! XD
  • beadalicious
    beadalicious Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I watch things on Netflix while doing cardio at the gym, when doing weights I'm too busy counting and people watching between reps!
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    If I'm doing weights, I'm thinking about form and/or counting...

If I'm doing cardio, I am in zen. I think about EVERYTHING and I leave the gym feeling so much better.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    I daydream about who I would bite in the gym.
  • bigsargeofsc
    Options
    Not falling off elliptical while head-banging to kick-*kitten* metal!
  • fatpat58
    fatpat58 Posts: 4
    Options
    I mostly walk & I listen to music to help pass the time! When the music hits you, you feel no pain! When I start on strength building, I suppose I will concentrate on my breathing & making sure I am pushing myself without hurting myself!
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Wedding - Honeymoon.
  • Songbirdcw
    Songbirdcw Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I think...
    Jesus be a fence all around my squats
    Form
    My body, new body
    How many sets I have left
    Next exercise
    What I'm going to eat after my workout
  • becky6m
    becky6m Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Lifting, form and reps.. I always forget what number rep I'm on if I focus on anything else. Cardio, when motivated I think about what I can do next. When tired... Fighting through the pain. Ha.
  • lauraleighsm
    Options
    These responses are hysterical!

During Turbo Fire I have to concentrate on the moves so the time flies by. When I'm running I think about bathing suit season and amazement that I can actually jog 3 miles. I also think about how I need new music bc mine sucks.
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    my end goal, a fit mom for my daughter when I want to give up.... that and my bathing suit and how I want to look like in it when I want to skip my extra leg workout.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    "Hmmmm...I feel a rumbling in my tummy"

"Alright, I need to go but let me just finish this set of squats"

"Oh man, that was a TERRIBLE idea"

"Phew it's ok! It was only a fart!"

"..."

"...wait a minute..."

"Damnit where's the bathroom?"
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    You're able to think whilst working out?