While working out do you think about...

Options

Replies

• neekosmith
    neekosmith Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Usually some variation of "Look at me, I am doing it! Wow my random body part hurts. I wonder if I injured it? I am going to google that later. My Spotify playlist really sucks. I should take up jogging! I can get up early and jog around the neighborhood. Yea that is a horrible idea. GOOD LORD HOW MUCH LONGER DO I HAVE ON THIS THING?!".

If its Zumba or another class excercise, I throw in a "crap, why do they put mirrors on the walls in places like this".
  • rcaruthie
    rcaruthie Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Daydream, think about you know what, give myself major props for working out, watch other people, and it starts all over again. I am always thinking about something. :)
  • Zepplipop
    Zepplipop Posts: 33
    Options
    Mostly my ex. And how hot I'm going to be-- he's going to regret losing me ;)
  • MadisonLeo
    Options
    not dieing.

^^^^^^^^^THIS SLAYED ME. SLAYED ME.

Yes, I also think about not being crushed under the weights I lift.
    I think about the music I am running too.
    I think about how hot I am gonna look if I can just do one more set of 10.
    Chocolate. Only thing I really miss from the past. lol
  • JessieJanie
    JessieJanie Posts: 428
    Options
    I generally think about whether or not what I'm doing will help me if I'm ever attacked by zombies.
  • carrun86
    carrun86 Posts: 12
    Options
    OMG am I really up at 4am.
    I hope my big butt jumping around doesn’t wake the baby up
    WAIT! Is the baby breathing? ….I should stop and poke her to be sure …. Nope she moved im good.
    Did she move? or was I seeing things? Screw it I’m checking on her.

Yeah … that’s what having a 9 week old sounds like :noway:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    1. Work - No
    2. Family - Rarely
    3. Counting laps/reps - Sometimes
    4. Sex - No
    5. Your new body - Sometimes

Currently I am doing Turbo Fire, mountian biking and calisthenics. With Turbo Fire I mostly think about remembering and keeping up with the routine and breathing. With mountain biking I mostly think about how bad my legs are burning and how not to wreck and kill myself (very new to this). I count reps with calisthenics.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Looking hot for my next vacation (the Keys then VEGAS)
  • jody664
    jody664 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    If I'm doing strength training, I'm pretty much focused on form and counting reps. During rest periods, I'm thinking "Am I seriously the only girl in the free weight area? I hate that I'm the only girl in the free weight area."

If I'm doing cardio, I usually read on my tablet, so I get engrossed in the story. But if I'm doing intervals, then I'm all "OMG, do NOT let me fly off the back of this treadmill and faceplant. How much longer? OK, only one more minute......I can make it."
  • writetomab
    writetomab Posts: 226
    Options
    not dieing.

I now that feeling!

Also... "please don't puke again!"
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    I honestly try hard to not think about anything, it interferes with geting my mindset for the exercise especially if the thought is bad or depressing in some way.
  • jpolinisse
    jpolinisse Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    6) is it over yet?

Agreed.
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Generally I kinda don't focus on much except whatever song I'm listening to.
  • bokodasu
    bokodasu Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Cardio? 2-4, along with whatever song is playing on the iPod.

Lifting? "Head up chest out elbows in arms straight head up knees aligned don't lean forward pull press bend head up dammit" more or less. And then 2-4 with a side of "how can I avoid my next set?" during rests.
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I think "Why can't I manage to do as well with my other goals as I have with losing weight?" and then try thinking up ways to change that.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    my humps, my humps, my humps. my lovely lady lumps
  • kelleygi
    kelleygi Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Sex, beer, and cigarettes. Just saying..... :smokin:
  • janicesweetness
    Options
    i think about how great im going to feel once i reach my goal. :happy:
  • hfester
    hfester Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    My mind races all day, every day. When I work out, it stops. It is the only hour of the day that I am not thinking of...anything.
    :)
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I have a mantra: lean, fit, flexible, strong.

Of course my mind departs to wander unknown paths, but as soon as I realize it's happening, I go back to my mantra.